No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Spurs were interested then surely they would have tried to do a cash plus player deal with Hall?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      If Spurs were interested then surely they would have tried to do a cash plus player deal with Hall?
      Not worth enough to bother and I assume they are waiting to lose a striker.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Lots of Gossip lads.

There seems to be a lot of optimism among our fan base so hopefully it will happen as we need a good striker.

I'm expecting it to be slightly less than the £15m quoted though. Kone going the other way would suit us for sure.

You're welcome to join us in our Fantasy league btw if interested. A lot of your fans joined in last year so cheers for that.

18952-6028

Autojoin link http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-...ode=18952-6028

Comment

• Is kone any good, will he do us in the championship mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Is kone any good, will he do us in the championship mate
            Kev, Kone is woeful.
            Definately not a player to have as a replacement for Austin.

If we have changed our mind now and willing to let Austin go for a few million less then get the deal done now so we have time to get a good replacement.

Comment

• Nah you can keep Kone, awful.

Comment

• Everton now 4/6 with Sky bet. Spurs 4/1. Looks like something in it to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  Everton now 4/6 with Sky bet. Spurs 4/1. Looks like something in it to me.
                  Doesn't mean nothing though considering betting was suspended 2 weeks ago on him joining Newcastle as was nailed on.
                  A few must have lost big cash then though as they suspended betting as some large bets had been placed on it, and bookies thought something must have been leaked.

We'll know tomorrow anyway when the team news is revealed.

Comment

• This Austin saga has got to be the most boring thread ever yawn he may stay and be utter turd
                    R's

Comment

• I got a feeling he won't be in the starting line up. Just got a feeling the club won't want to risk an injury messing up a future sale seeing as the Fer deal failed because of injury. Hope i'm wrong though.

Comment

• Austin has been named in the Squad, and is available for selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Is kone any good, will he do us in the championship mate
                          He was spot on with Wigan, but he hurt his knee shortly after joining us, and was out a long time, and has so far failed to make any real impact, but no reason why he couldn't do well in the Championship. If he was a 20 goal a season striker we'd be keeping him, let's face it. Fans are frustrated with him, but sensibility suggests if Martinez paid 6m for him then he must have rated him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Love Everton Forum View Post
                            He was spot on with Wigan, but he hurt his knee shortly after joining us, and was out a long time, and has so far failed to make any real impact, but no reason why he couldn't do well in the Championship. If he was a 20 goal a season striker we'd be keeping him, let's face it. Fans are frustrated with him, but sensibility suggests if Martinez paid 6m for him then he must have rated him.
                            1 in 3 for Wigan in the Championship which isn't great really.
                            1 in 17 for you Everton.
                            Also in his last year of contract with you lot, so is he really worth being part of the deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                              1 in 3 for Wigan in the Championship which isn't great really.
                              1 in 17 for you Everton.
                              Also in his last year of contract with you lot, so is he really worth being part of the deal?
                              Well, if I was a QPR fan, I wouldn't be happy about swapping Austin for an ageing Kone, but he had a belter of a game on Saturday, so probably feels a bit better about life at the moment. The problem is we've not had a good chance to see him. He plays bit parts and has been out with a horrible injury, so he deserves some look. He certainly looked ok for Wigan in the season before we bought him and was a real handful when they played us.

I'm starting to think the Austin deal won't happen with Everton now though.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X