No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant remember where i read or heard it, but i think clubs think his knee wont last up and also hes got a bit of a reputation as bit of a 'paddy kennys having a party' type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Dont work out like that, the players never free if he runs down his contract, cos hes lost out on pay rises and stability so he gets the signing on fee instead of the club.
      Signing on fee would be a lot lower than a transfer fee though Kevin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Is it? .....Would like to know that for certain actually stan mate. I just presumed the player got the transfer fee in signing on and wages or why bother running it down with no wage rise etc and doing it? Just to be nice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Is it? .....Would like to know that for certain actually stan mate. I just presumed the player got the transfer fee in signing on and wages or why bother running it down with no wage rise etc and doing it? Just to be nice?
          Just going on this earlier post by Hove, which rang true to me Kev:

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          We cannot even come close to offering him the amounts of money he stands to walk into next season (signing on fee and wages, when his contract expires) and probably even this season (if someone agrees a fee). We cant offer premiership wages while we are in the championship and especially before FFP issues are resolved. Add to the fact Charlie rejected a deal while we were still in the prem, why would he sign now we have been relegated? People will say that no one looks like buying him so he may as well sign but that is only down to the fact they may not want to pay £15 mill for him this year and could easily have words with his agent on the sly (it happens all the time) to say they will give him £5 mill signing on fee (as no transfer fee is necessary) and your standard 1st choice prem striker wage £50 - 70,000.

Comment

• Charlie is putting clubs off demanding 85k a week plus the 15m tag http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/26...85000-per-we/?
            You Rsssssss

Comment

• Well he would demand high wages. Biggest contract of his life, after scoring 18 in his maiden season, in a relegated side. Plus last year of his contract. Nothing sensational in that. Silly article tbf.

Comment

• I think £15m is quite a fair price for Charlie, perhaps there is some mileage in this wage claim
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  Well he would demand high wages. Biggest contract of his life, after scoring 18 in his maiden season, in a relegated side. Plus last year of his contract. Nothing sensational in that. Silly article tbf.
                  Spot on....If he can't ask for these sort of terms after the season he had, then I don't know when he can.
                  It's annoying me that these teams want him on the cheap all round.
                  If they're not sure about knees, shoulder, lifestyle, then don't buy him....easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Yes it is a %

Comment

• As I said earlier if he wants move drop wage demands and let club put what they save into the transfer fee then everyone wins

Comment

• Charlie's response

https://twitter.com/chazaustin9/stat...73639034101760

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                          Charlie is putting clubs off demanding 85k a week plus the 15m tag http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/26...85000-per-we/?
                          I think he'd need to be going to one of the "big four" to get that sort of deal. I've seen Man U. and Chelski mentioned in the press but he won't get that kind of deal at the likes of Newcastle or Leicester or West Ham or Everton or Bournemouth or Palace - or any other side outside the big four. No harm in trying I guess.

For a "normal" club, I'm thinking around £60kpw is about right - £65kpw top whack.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Aston Villa have just signed striker Jordan Ayew, so maybe that's them out of the running for Austin?

Comment

• Where they ever in the running?
                              Met a bloke last night in the battle who had just played golf with the dof, and whether its fanny or not he said they want chaz gone cos he isnt in their plans as they dont want to play that style of football, they want a vardy type striker and asked about him, but hes not interested. Also said they are hoping west brom take matty and caulker just before the season starts,

Comment

• He'll go West Ham or Newcastle IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X