The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRUSA View Post
    Not to get off topic, but you don't think Austin is as good as Giroud? I could see Arsenal signing him for the relatively few bob to come off the bench for an extra 10 goals a year.
    At what? Goalscoring possibly, but Giroud's hold up play is better than Charlie's in my book. Besides, why would Arsenal want to spend £15-20million to sign a player who is only just about as good as a player they already own? The players I mentioned will only be £5-10million more, and are a vast improvement on Austin and Grioud.

Comment

• Looks like we're stuck with Charlie. Bummer.

Comment

• Love how the big teams need to spend a lot more on a striker, because Chaz is only a goalscorer.
        Arsenal for instance play every other part of the game perfectly...........Maybe buying someone who can score goals for
        fun is exactly what they need, imagine the chances a goalscorer like Chaz would get in that team, they have plenty of other players for the build up

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Love how the big teams need to spend a lot more on a striker, because Chaz is only a goalscorer.
          Arsenal for instance play every other part of the game perfectly...........Maybe buying someone who can score goals for
          fun is exactly what they need, imagine the chances a goalscorer like Chaz would get in that team, they have plenty of other players for the build up
          You could well be right. Arsenal might only need a goalscorer. Higuain, Benzema, Cavani are all regular goalscorers at CL and International level. If they're available, why exactly (with all due respect to Charlie) would you go after Austin?

Comment

• Depth on the bench at the price. They can afford a Cavani or a Benezma as regulars. Austin comes out of the dugout to spell them and also plays in League Cup or FA Cup matches as well when main strikers aren't needed to nick a goal here and there.

Comment

• good move for Charlie and not so far-fetched, been suggested by a few ex United players
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Hernandez told he can go so a position has opened up.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRUSA View Post
                  Depth on the bench at the price. They can afford a Cavani or a Benezma as regulars. Austin comes out of the dugout to spell them and also plays in League Cup or FA Cup matches as well when main strikers aren't needed to nick a goal here and there.
                  They've already got Giroud and Wellbeck. Add one of Higuain, Cavani or Benzema and Arsenal are sorted. They only play one up front anyway, so don't need any more than 3 strikers competing for a starting position / covering injuries and suspensions / cup games. I can see your point though.

Comment

• Cavani is surely one of the most overrated strikers in world football. Don't get me wrong, he's a player and physical as well but for the money he'll demand and the transfer fee, he's not worth it. Charlie at 15M will score as many or more wherever he lands.

Comment

• Charlie at 1/2 to join Man U on skybet. I'd be shocked by this but get a sell-on and take a little less if true. If he plays and scores he might move on for 30M+

Comment

• Not sure what this means for Charlie but I don't think it rules him out and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a player who scored 18 Premier League goals last season went to Man Utd!

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says he will not make any panic signings before the transfer window closes on Tuesday evening.

United lost 2-1 at Swansea on Sunday and have scored just three goals in four league games.

"You can never speak as a club like Manchester United that you are satisfied," Van Gaal said.

But he added: "We shall not buy another player that we have not scouted before."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34104415
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• I was watching the Man U game today praying they'd score big and win big because of my fear they would become desperate for an additional striker up front. If Charlie indeed goes, hope Les and team have lined up a loan agreement for Crystal Palace's Gayle. If we're able to retain Matty, Green, Sandro and Fer, while inking a deal for Angella, we are still only one striker short of giving the Championship season one helluva ride.

Comment

• Man Utd have opened talks with Monaco about Anthony Martial,their 19 year old striker.Monaco don't want to sell,but talks are expected to continue on Monday. Fee could be 36 million

Comment

• Chaz is not a man u player imo. Id fall over if they ever bought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlamoR View Post
                                Cavani is surely one of the most overrated strikers in world football. Don't get me wrong, he's a player and physical as well but for the money he'll demand and the transfer fee, he's not worth it. Charlie at 15M will score as many or more wherever he lands.
                                He has scored 36 in 67 at PSG and 78 in 104 at Napoli. Not sure how that doesn't make him an elite World Class striker to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X