No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gut feeling is if Charlie was on verge of departing he would not have been at Reading Festival having the time of his life. Suerly any advisor would have said keep your head down for 48hours not get plastered all over twitter and net coming across like a party boy

Comment

• Have deffo heard a rumour a few times hes a bit paddy kenny, doesnt seem the wisest move with the bigger move of your life on the horizon in the next 48 hours does it westy mate.

Comment

• I wonder if Austin qualifies for any of the home nations?

He could do a job for Wales, imagine Bale,Ramsey and Austin?
        Kept the faith!

Comment

• Well apart from being born in Berkshire and being called up for england I think that's a fantastic idea. I am sure he has caravanned it in cardigan as a boy so he is halfway there
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• That's my view KeV but I'm not complaining as anything which helps in him staying in all for

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              That's my view KeV but I'm not complaining as anything which helps in him staying in all for
              Dont care what he gets up to if he stays with is mate, cos hes never let us down.

Comment

• Charlie a proper lad, known for having a good time but when it comes to football very professional.

Hard one with him arm as you can see he wants to go but I do wonder how p****d off he is with no one really showing a interest, the West Ham saga with Sullivan and being ingnored for England again.
                He's settled in the area he loves with a young family, idolised by the fans and I wonder if Charlie can see that QPR have made huge strides this summer, changed our philosophy and actually brought in some very decent players.,club have also said we want to offer him a new contract and could be on course for a quick return to the prem.

Go on Charlie get your head down take the new deal, fire us back to the ore, and keep us up next year in this new look QPR team. You know you want to son.

Comment

• Not sure of true cos havent checked but read on twotter hes gone from 25/1 to 1/3 to join United. He would be great for them to come on in games like yesterday, i just cant picture austin being at manchester united.

Comment

• If anybody ever knows the damage selling your greatest scoring striker does to a club it has to be Les Ferdinand. Once we sold him to Newcastle(?) we never recovered and went on our jolly way down to league 1 in due course over the years.
                    I'm confident he'll do what he can to keep Charlie.c
                    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Not sure of true cos havent checked but read on twotter hes gone from 25/1 to 1/3 to join United. He would be great for them to come on in games like yesterday, i just cant picture austin being at manchester united.
                      all about as reliable as the austin to a*senal rumours that were flying around twitter on saturday afternoon.

i guess the question that needs to be asked is which premiership teams really need a goalscorer, do any of them have £12-15m to hand and which of them are likely to be in the market for austin?

i'd say only leicester, sunderland, west brom, wet spam, spuds and stoke would fit all three of those... sunderland have had a bid £10m for borini accepted (but apparently austin isn't worth £15m), wet spam are going for jelavic, west brom is only a possibility if berahino goes to spuds, i doubt spuds would have so much interest in austin, leicester's decent start means that they don't feel any real pressure to buy more forwards and i haven't heard any stoke rumours all window.

Comment

• Realistically my guess would be Palace and Bournemouth are the two clubs who would come in for Charlie. Time will tell.

Comment

Not sure of true cos havent checked but read on twotter hes gone from 25/1 to 1/3 to join United. He would be great for them to come on in games like yesterday, i just cant picture austin being at manchester united.
                          4/6 with victor.

Doesn't mean anything though as 100 quid can shift the odds.

Comment

• I thought it may of been Villa as need fire power and have the money

Comment

Realistically my guess would be Palace and Bournemouth are the two clubs who would come in for Charlie. Time will tell.
                              not sure... palace don't exactly seem to be lacking in firepower and bournemouth probably don't have the cash to hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                                Man Utd have opened talks with Monaco about Anthony Martial,their 19 year old striker.Monaco don't want to sell,but talks are expected to continue on Monday. Fee could be 36 million
                                martial all but done... no austin to man utd, then.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34107092

Comment

Working...
                                X