The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burnside View Post
    Is it not naive to write him off after 5 games?
    I haven't written him off at all, simply highlighting he needs to prove himself as a manager. Any qualities he may have as a coach mean nothing. A good accountant would be good with numbers but you wouldn't assume they can run your company.

The point was it's stupid to assume just because he's coached at top clubs he'll be a good manager. It doesn't work like that. I hope he does do well in the long run and prove he can cut it, but anything but guarantees.

Comment

• For me I have always believed that Charlie will go to Spurs ,,, Bournemouth though would probably be a good draw for him due to the locality - but are they a big enough club ,,,,

How do we all feel now what with our new and proposed signings, is it wise to take the money for him now or hold on and see what the ride brings

Comment

• Apologies if this point has already been made, but the monetary worth to QPR of Austin as an asset will be close to zero if he doesn't go in this window. Ok, we could still get a few quid for him at Xmas but at that stage he would probably feel that hanging on for a few more months to run his contract down would leave him a free agent and ready for that gold mine. No guarantee that he would take a deal in the next window either.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
          Apologies if this point has already been made, but the monetary worth to QPR of Austin as an asset will be close to zero if he doesn't go in this window. Ok, we could still get a few quid for him at Xmas but at that stage he would probably feel that hanging on for a few more months to run his contract down would leave him a free agent and ready for that gold mine. No guarantee that he would take a deal in the next window either.
          Value would disappear when his contract expires, but the gamble would've been risk that for his goals to take us up and pay more than enough to not worry about losing the £15m sale.

Irrelevant now though, if the club were prepared to take that gamble they would've said categorically not for sale as key to promotion ambitions. Instead they named a price.

Comment

• I know we are 'skint' and 200 million in 'debt' but 15 million is nothing to the club if he stays.

Comment

• Talk of the devil, pun intended: http://www.sport.co.uk/football/manc...HlcwW8gzRLM.97

Comment

• if we're as skint as some people are making out £200m although i've never personally seen that figure quoted anywhere, Whats another £15M to worry about, he may score the goals to get us back to the promise land

Comment

• Club expect both to stay.

Watford defender loan with a view to a permanent move.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/790230174?-294:802:0

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    That just says "according to reports" so it looks like just another of those parasitic websites like caught offside which merely regurgitates two days later what has been reported elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Club expect both to stay.

Watford defender loan with a view to a permanent move.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/790230174?-294:802:0
                      Would almost be a Carlsberg sponsored transfer window if we kept Austin, Phillips, Fer and Sandro plus got this decent CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                        Would almost be a Carlsberg sponsored transfer window if we kept Austin, Phillips, Fer and Sandro plus got this decent CB.
                        Agreed mate. Tony might not agree if he was hoping to recoup some money but for the fans, without question.

I know football is not played on paper and it really doesn't mean a lot but such a squad if key players keep fit should be good enough to get out of this division.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Agreed mate. Tony might not agree if he was hoping to recoup some money but for the fans, without question.

I know football is not played on paper and it really doesn't mean a lot but such a squad if key players keep fit should be good enough to get out of this division.
                          spot on mate, we have just increased the quality of our defense with signing the watford lad, keeping hold of matty,charlie,leroy and the beast.

screw consolidating in this league, we have the team to go out and rip it apart. lets go for it now and get back to the promise land and next time we buy right.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• #JustSayNoToRelegationDownTheLeagues

Comment

• You have to love Newcastle. Headline says "Newcastle watching this transfer situation closely." Its what they have been doing all summer. Watching. I wish someone would explain to them that in order to buy a player you actually need to make an offer. Even getting in touch with QPR would be a start. Its good to talk, Mike...

Comment

• breaking on twitter now.

Standard Sport ✔ @standardsport
                                #MUFC make shock enquiry for #QPR star Charlie Austin, reports @sjstandardsport http://bit.ly/bigtimecharlie #DeadlineDay pic.twitter.com/dn8eCh2xUZ

#let themeltdownbegin
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X