The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Its deffo not that mate, we aint that dopey with transfers, i mean we got our money back for that big lump of useless lard samba, which was nothing short of a miracle. I think its his knee (and shoulder) that is scaring people off, he will go but the suspect knee has stopped him being snapped up like hot cakes the second we announced he was for sale.
    Agreed. Clubs have way too much intolerance to risk. Look at liverpool with Remy, who had a condition that hadn't really affected him. The scum ended up with him and when he got a chance, id say he looked good to me. People just aren't willing to take a calculated risk any more.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• If we sell Austin,Fer and Phillips at the end of the window at least they might have won us a few games early on to set us on the right path. A poor start for Ramsey and he wont see past October.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnside View Post
        If we sell Austin,Fer and Phillips at the end of the window at least they might have won us a few games early on to set us on the right path. A poor start for Ramsey and he wont see past October.
        Well that depends on whether we are trying to consolidate or get promoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Agreed. Clubs have way too much intolerance to risk. Look at liverpool with Remy, who had a condition that hadn't really affected him. The scum ended up with him and when he got a chance, id say he looked good to me. People just aren't willing to take a calculated risk any more.
          And yet they signed Ballotelli, whose mind is far more suspect than any body part of Austin or Remy.

Comment

• http://www.skysports.com/transfer/ne...charlie-austin

Betting suspended, 1/10 to join Newcastle

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
              http://www.skysports.com/transfer/ne...charlie-austin

Betting suspended, 1/10 to join Newcastle
              Yeah nice one artic mate, was just coming in here to say loads on twitter the last few minutes saying newcastle have matched the asking and hes gone. Bye bye chaz, thanks for everything.

Comment

• When do they arrive back from Italy ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  When do they arrive back from Italy ?
                  Someone would of flown out to him mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Yeah nice one artic mate, was just coming in here to say loads on twitter the last few minutes saying newcastle have matched the asking and hes gone. Bye bye chaz, thanks for everything.
                    Shame, I farking hate Newcastle.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Oh and dont know if its any way relative but Ashley is sharing out a 37 million bonus amongst all his 'sports direct' staff this week as well (much to the annoyance of his other directors). So hes feeling spendy.
                      http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/891d7a52-2...2e1c81cca.html
                      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 16-07-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• We let him go too cheap

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                          We let him go too cheap
                          Fee undisclosed may be?
                          Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

• Hopefully Newcastle wrap this one up swiftly so we can get on with replacements

Comment

• Don't want Charlie to go but hope this is kind of true so we can move on.

Will miss Charlie and wIsh him all the luck in the world but now want to get excited about who we bring in to replace him. Will we spend 7/8 mill on a Rhodes/afobe/gayle or someone like gray for 4m.

Whatever we do now it's also an exciting time for recruits.

Comment

• I hate Newcastle and hope they get relegated regardless of them buying Austin or not. Massive support, bang average side.

Would never happen but with the money we'll get from Austin, how about a cheeky bid for Hernandez at £8m....?

Comment

Working...
                                X