No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looked at it again and it's a Toon news page.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      Not sure if the story is to believed as it says that Austin asked us to lower his valuation of him.
      That's never been mentioned before anywhere.
      Says that the £13 million bid hasn't been rejected as we are taking it into consideration.

Have never even heard of the news company that wrote this story before either, dunno if they are new in the game.
      Pay the extra 2 million tight cants

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        Pay the extra 2 million tight cants
        It's not like Mike Ashley can't afford it!!

Staff share in Mike Ashley-owned Sports Direct success as sales rise 4.7% to £2.832bn

Five million shares will go to 2,000 employees this year and, if distributed evenly and sold at current prices, each would receive £18,225.

Comment

• Newcastle will come in for Austin now.

Apparently there main target was a Serbian called Aleksandar Mitrovic
          Chelsea were looking at him as well as Anderlecht said he could leave for £15million.
          Newcastle were almost sure they had him, but has just agreed to join Roma instead.

Newcastle fans demanding that the club just stick £15million on the table now to land Austin.
          It looks like this Mitrovic was there number 1 target, and tried there luck to try and get Austin on the cheap as well.

I wonder if Newcastle do offer the £15mill, whether Leicester will get Involved again?
          Or even have Palace and West Brom realise that what we are asking for is quite cheap considering what Liverpool have just paid for Benteke, and who could be available as time ticks on.

Comment

• Considering the 18 goals that Austin scored last season, Only 26 and English as well.
            Who else could you get for £15million?

Comment

• You've changed your tune... Thought clubs were going to wait till next summer. Lol.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                You've changed your tune... Thought clubs were going to wait till next summer. Lol.
                Lol, changed my mind now.
                Seeing how Benteke can go for £32million, and add into the factor that clubs like Newcastle,Palace, West Brom, West Ham, Leicester etc will need to score goals the £15million for Austin is no brainer.

Will be sorry to see him go, but think once another club tables a bid it could get a bit interesting.

Reckon we should even up the asking price to £20million now!!

Comment

• It's got to that stage now so why don't we ad another 5m on Charlie's price tag, fark them all
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                    Lol, changed my mind now.
                    Seeing how Benteke can go for £32million, and add into the factor that clubs like Newcastle,Palace, West Brom, West Ham, Leicester etc will need to score goals the £15million for Austin is no brainer.

Will be sorry to see him go, but think once another club tables a bid it could get a bit interesting.

Reckon we should even up the asking price to £20million now!!
                    Yes mate, players will come and go.. Unfortunately, any really decent players we have to realise that they will move on, like you say let's hope we can use the money to bring in someone decent and maybe not allow ourselves to get into this contract issue like we had with Austin. I'm sure if he had another year on his deal things would be different.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• yep 15mil is very cheap for a goal scorer like him we will be choking on the 15 mil when he starts banging them in for his new club I think its worth keeping him and seeing if we can get back up again on the ba k of his goals ?

Comment

• I think doggy is right. Best thing for us is if Benteke is sold before Charlie so we can say market has been set for strikers with his £30mil sale and try and push up Charlie's price a bit more or at a minimum get some more add one

If villa come in then first thing I would say is you have money burning a hole in your pocket and have just been paid over the top for your striker we will have some of that

Comment

• Should of set the price at 20mil fro, that start , unfortunately as much as les has best intentions for the club he has t a scoboy as DOF (director of ####ups).

Comment

• Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                            Should of set the price at 20mil fro, that start , unfortunately as much as les has best intentions for the club he has t a scoboy as DOF (director of ####ups).
                            20m is not realistic. Club are under big pressure with FFP and if someone offers 15m for him, think the board will be happy to have the money.

As for Newcastle, they need to get off the pot or start doing the business. Keep seeing blogs etc from all these old Newcastle players and fans saying "Austin should sign for Newcastle" - well first Newcastle need to come up with the money. What kind of club pursues a player without actually making a bid? Crazy. After we turned down £13m from Leicester it must be pretty obvious they are not going to get him on the cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              20m is not realistic. Club are under big pressure with FFP and if someone offers 15m for him, think the board will be happy to have the money.

As for Newcastle, they need to get off the pot or start doing the business. Keep seeing blogs etc from all these old Newcastle players and fans saying "Austin should sign for Newcastle" - well first Newcastle need to come up with the money. What kind of club pursues a player without actually making a bid? Crazy. After we turned down £13m from Leicester it must be pretty obvious they are not going to get him on the cheap.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• He should already be a Newcastle player. Hope they miss out, due to fcking about!

Comment

Working...
                                X