The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    Yep, he made mistakes, Warburton was quite fortunate as he took over a quite successful squad, but he did improve on it.

Ramsey made a few mistakes, as expected, Henry LW, lol, SWP, etc, but he was quite unlucky, losing Fer after Sunderland was a big, big blow.

Momentum could have been gathered after that win, then to compound matters, losing Vargas after WBA, when again
    Momentum could have got us over the line.

It's a big six months for him, he needs a good start, the one thing I will say is, it doesn't matter how good a manager he is, if he isn't lucky, he is ####ed, and so far he hasn't been lucky, he needs that to change ASAP, keeping Austin, Fer and Phillips will be luck personified!
    This might come across a bit controversially (what have I said recently that hasn't been for some people), but I thought in that match against chelsea where he started on the left that he actually did really well...
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      This might come across a bit controversially (what have I said recently that hasn't been for some people), but I thought in that match against chelsea where he started on the left that he actually did really well...
      In that game is was a great decision by Ramsey & I fully understood the reasoning behnid it. We needed to be solid and have dependable workhorses all over to do a job, we weren't going out that day to attack Chelsea and try to outplay them on the wings. Henry done a great job that day.

HOWEVER - different matches need different approaches, and I think it was an error by Ramsey keeping Henry there in games we SHOULD have been going all out for the win in (IIRC, we started Henry on the left again at home to West Ham?).
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        In that game is was a great decision by Ramsey & I fully understood the reasoning behnid it. We needed to be solid and have dependable workhorses all over to do a job, we weren't going out that day to attack Chelsea and try to outplay them on the wings. Henry done a great job that day.

HOWEVER - different matches need different approaches, and I think it was an error by Ramsey keeping Henry there in games we SHOULD have been going all out for the win in (IIRC, we started Henry on the left again at home to West Ham?).
        The west ham one was one of the most confusing matches I've ever seen but I would say again that having Henry out wide left didn't limit us much, given the other option was an unfit and out of form Hoilett. Also, I remember that match really well and we had way more good chances to score than people here give us credit for. Obviously the penalty but Sandro could have scored, Matty could have scored and I remember a few more chances like those but the keeper Adrian (and our green) was in incredible form.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Shocking decision to start Henry LM against West Ham. Chelsea was understandable but not against West Ham a game we had to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
            Shocking decision to start Henry LM against West Ham. Chelsea was understandable but not against West Ham a game we had to win.
            I agree that the decision was off for sure and shouldn't have happened in the first place but I certainly wouldn't say it hindered us. Lets face it, who would we have attacked with down the left hand side? Hoilett wouldn't have done much with the way his confidence was.

Comment

• These last 6 or so posts tell the DFO he must pull out all stops to bring back Gerry Francis ASAP

Comment

• Can see Charlie ending up at Villa, as they will have 40 mill to spend come Monday ! Surely a better bet than Adebayor

Comment

• The silence is deafening today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Can see Charlie ending up at Villa, as they will have 40 mill to spend come Monday ! Surely a better bet than Adebayor
                    That's what I was thinking tbh and a little better than moving right up north. Personally think villa will do quite a bit better next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      The silence is deafening today.
                      Why is it like that? We have potentially good news with a potential new signing and the usual moaners aren't here to say how happy they are about it. Never understand people who always look for the negative in things and never happy when there is potential good news.

PS I'm using the word potential a lot because we don't know how he will turn out but at the moment on paper is looks like it could be a good signing so I am happy with that. Might not work out but nothing in this life is guaranteed except death and taxes.

Comment

• I meant from the bookies, twitter itk's and journos about chaz to newcastle being a done deal hoop mate.

Comment

I meant from the bookies, twitter itk's and journos aboit chaz to newcastle being a done deal hoop mate.
                          Ha ha sorry mate

Comment

I meant from the bookies, twitter itk's and journos about chaz to newcastle being a done deal hoop mate.
                            It's quite with the bookies because they have suspended all betting on charlie going to newcastle
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

• The deal has been going to happen all along... I feel Austin wanted Newcastle from day one. Fair play he has been a good professional but he knew that it was only time until he had the Newcastle No.9 shirt.

My fear is... Newcastle are club which is struggling and as much as McClaren is a world class first team coach I worry about him as the main man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                                It's quite with the bookies because they have suspended all betting on charlie going to newcastle
                                Could of unsuspended seeing as its gone so quiet.

Comment

Working...
                                X