No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We could stipulate our own deadline for CA and make it known to all interested parties. "If you want him stump up 15m by X date so we can get a replacement in time or try again in January"

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      We could stipulate our own deadline for CA and make it known to all interested parties. "If you want him stump up 15m by X date so we can get a replacement in time or try again in January"
      YES we should...no if no buts

Comment

• Can't do that. That's why we have a transfer window. Regardless of what we say to clubs or player, if a club want to come in and bid late doors then we have to prepare for that eventuality.

Been caught out with that one before so I really hope we don't see the same again, except I think we will. Austin is to good a player at just £15m to not get snapped up. Late in the day, when clubs don't get certain targets, he's a perfect fit for not a fortune.

Comment

• just looked at the betting for the championship,s top scorer. charlie ain't even on the list. to my astonishment
          the only 2 players i see on the list was mackie 66/1 and jet 100/1
          You Rsssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            just looked at the betting for the championship,s top scorer. charlie ain't even on the list. to my astonishment
            the only 2 players i see on the list was mackie 66/1 and jet 100/1
            Quite generous odds on Jamie...

Interesting stat Harryboy and it just underlines what a massive hole Charlie departing would leave in our squad. If I were a bookie I would probably chuck Poulter in at 25/1 or 30/1 but still shows that - assuming Charlie does leave - it is essential we have a proven goal scorer to make any impact on this league. Just hope Les has one lined up.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Quite generous odds on Jamie...

Interesting stat Harryboy and it just underlines what a massive hole Charlie departing would leave in our squad. If I were a bookie I would probably chuck Poulter in at 25/1 or 30/1 but still shows that - assuming Charlie does leave - it is essential we have a proven goal scorer to make any impact on this league. Just hope Les has one lined up.
              Exactly mate. I am surprised polter was not in the betting,, Andre gray was 20/1/ Rhodes about 12/1.. It just makes you wonder where the goals will come from if we don't replace charlie
              You Rsssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                Exactly mate. I am surprised polter was not in the betting,, Andre gray was 20/1/ Rhodes about 12/1.. It just makes you wonder where the goals will come from if we don't replace charlie
                Well, according to some on here, we will be top 6 or even autos. Maybe they could enlighten us as to who will bang in 20 odd goals for us.

Now as for austin. I'm getting fed up about all this now so we need to set a deadline and be done with it.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Well, according to some on here, we will be top 6 or even autos. Maybe they could enlighten us as to who will bang in 20 odd goals for us.

Now as for austin. I'm getting fed up about all this now so we need to set a deadline and be done with it.
                  Your right Hitman,, I don't want us to be left wanting. We don't even seem to be putting in any offers for gray, afobie,Rhodes ect ect,, it's time to act now even if we get knock backs atleast we are trying to cover Charlie's lost
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

• [QUOTE=Harryboy;1439170]Your right Hitman,, I don't want us to be left wanting. We don't even seem to be putting in any offers for gray, afobie,Rhodes ect ect,, it's time to act now even if we get knock backs atleast we are trying to cover Charlie's lost[/QUOTE

I think we'll be found wanting up front with Austins inevitable departure, dont think the club are prepared to spend £5-6M on a player now, which is what will be the least of all the above will cost?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Who scored 20 goals the season we won the Championship at a canter? Taarbs got 19 from midfield and Helguson about 12? So it's a load of ######## u need a 20 goal striker to go up.

Out of curiousity how many times has 20+goal a season striker Jordan Rhodes got Blackburn up? oh yeh.......

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Who scored 20 goals the season we won the Championship at a canter? Taarbs got 19 from midfield and Helguson about 12? So it's a load of ######## u need a 20 goal striker to go up.

Out of curiousity how many times has 20+goal a season striker Jordan Rhodes got Blackburn up? oh yeh.......
                        It helps though. How many goal did deeny score this season. What about Bournemouth and the other promoted teams main strikers? I genuinely don't know this but am curious to know.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Midfield need to step up their game this season. 10+ from the Mackies and Chery's of this world please

Comment

• I think Burnley proved that goals = promotion.

Ings and Vokes were prolific and fired them to promotion, once they lost them as regular starters (injury to one IIRC) they pretty much struggled from that point on.

Not arguing with anyone and their opinions but I do agree we have to have a proven, reliable goal scorer....and then hope he doesn't get injured!!
                            Last edited by Kevster269; 22-07-2015, 10:35 AM.
                            2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

• i think

i think from the alex macarthy money and the sterling money we should buy andre gray now and put him on a four year contract because hes not the finished item yet
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by qprted View Post
                                i think from the alex macarthy money and the sterling money we should buy andre gray now and put him on a four year contract because hes not the finished item yet
                                Even if we put in an offer ted I would be happy,, it will show the fans that we have every intention in getting a player to replace Charlie
                                You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                                X