The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post

Do like Charlie but would much prefer Gayle. Much prefer actually.

Comment

• Leon Best as replacement. God help us.

Comment

• This must be the longest auction in history. Bargain Hunt is usually on for just an hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jogo View Post
          This must be the longest auction in history. Bargain Hunt is usually on for just an hour.
          Maybe ebay would be a better option

Comment

• Head coach Ramsey reiterated his belief that Austin will leave to boost his chances of making England's squad for Euro 2016, but is refusing to move on their valuation – thought to be £15million.

"He scored 18 goals last season in a team that didn't do well so we think we have priced him reasonably in order for him to reach his ambitions," Ramsey told talkSPORT.

"There or thereabouts of what we have mentioned we need to stick to that because QPR as a club need the finances to rebuild and be able to compete in the Championship and set targets for this season and seasons beyond.

"Once you have tasted that top level, you want to get back there. From my point of view, I don't think I would be being very honest with him if I said to him to stay in the Championship and forget your ambitions.

"We are saying to him we are a club that are looking to do well, we are looking to get some solid foundations, and he can be part of that.

"He is a folk hero and the fans would love to see him stay but ultimately I would imagine he wants to play at the highest level he can and try to get himself in that England squad for the Euros."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/qpr-...ihUW4t2bQph.99

Comment

• Play in the premier league, yes, but play in the euros, I don't think so.
              Hodgson, only picked Charlie, because of injuries and u21's not being selected for those games and then he puts Vardy on, instead of Austin.
              In my opinion, Charlie may as well stay, where he is really wanted, at least for this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
                Play in the premier league, yes, but play in the euros, I don't think so.
                Hodgson, only picked Charlie, because of injuries and u21's not being selected for those games and then he puts Vardy on, instead of Austin.
                In my opinion, Charlie may as well stay, where he is really wanted, at least for this season.
                To me, the biggest joke of the England call up was that a bloke who scored 5 goals got called onto the pitch when england needed a goal as opposed to an 18 goal striker who can better take advantage of the quality of players around him.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  To me, the biggest joke of the England call up was that a bloke who scored 5 goals got called onto the pitch when england needed a goal as opposed to an 18 goal striker who can better take advantage of the quality of players around him.
                  Exactly, Roy has some issue with Charlie.

Comment

thought i may had missed something at the time as i was viewing through "tinted glasses", but when seeing it put down like that, it confirms that it makes no sense at all.

I dont actually think either of them are good enough to be anywhere near an international squad at a big tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lube Me View Post
                      thought i may had missed something at the time as i was viewing through "tinted glasses", but when seeing it put down like that, it confirms that it makes no sense at all.

I dont actually think either of them are good enough to be anywhere near an international squad at a big tournament.
                      The thing is, Vardy did nothing to prove that he should be there before having been called up. Charlie did everything right to suggest that he could be 'an England international' (not just someone there for the ride) and he still didn't get a chance to prove that he was right for them. He looks like he has the mentality to perform on the big stage (based on that second leg) and he has a proven goalscoring record. Besides, if welbeck can get called up and perform at the euros, I reckon Charlie wouldn't do too bad of a job of it.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Manure are apparently sniffing around
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                          Manure are apparently sniffing around
                          He won't be stupid enough to sign for them, Rooney is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                            Manure are apparently sniffing around
                            Smells like S@@@ to me !
                            Last edited by Chunkyfenwick; 21-08-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

He won't be stupid enough to sign for them, Rooney is there.
                              What if #### wants to keep Rooney in m/f

Don't be so PC ! #### as in #### advacat

oh mod I give up his name is #### Advacat for Christ sake
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 21-08-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                What if #### wants to keep Rooney in m/f

Don't be so PC ! #### as in #### advacat

oh mod I give up his name is #### Advacat for Christ sake
                                Advacat? Mate he isn't United manager lol
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2