Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Yes it is a %
    Any links to show this is a fact, or can you tell us how you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Any links to show this is a fact, or can you tell us how you know?
      Ever heard of google?

Comment

Yes it is a %
        Don't think that is how it works. Signing on fees tend to be significantly less than the transfer fee but they aren't related to the transfer fee by a percentage.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I think the problem with Austin that in my opinion he can only really play in a 442 system, which no premier league teams rarely play , as know we in an age of 4231 or 433 , and also doesn't have the pace and power to play that loan role like a drogba or giroud I bet if you ask the centre halfs who there toughest opponent I bet Austin rarely gets mentioned so think why pl teams are overlooking him because they have to change there whole set up and tactics and game plan for the season and after paying 15 million would they have to pay for another forward to partner him .I think if big Sam was still at West Ham he definitely be going there as Sam would pitch him up with caroll get the ball wild , think really the only club that would to sign him is wba cause pulls is old school 442 , Leicester put a bid in because they played wing backs so can two up front and vardy would run the channels for him but now Leicester and West Ham have foreign managers they probably gonna go with one up top. I know Zamora got some stick but he done a lot for Austin in terms of donkey work ,

Would Newcastle sign him but mclaren built his team around Martin and even know he an odious little #### he held that ball up something I hate to say Charlie doesn't do

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Don't think that is how it works. Signing on fees tend to be significantly less than the transfer fee but they aren't related to the transfer fee by a percentage.
            Yeah. Signing on fees are completely open to negotiation between the buying club and the player. Thats why players who are free agents normally get significantly more than players who have been paid for, which in turn debunks the notion that it is a percentage of the transfer fee

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
              I think the problem with Austin that in my opinion he can only really play in a 442 system, which no premier league teams rarely play , as know we in an age of 4231 or 433 , and also doesn't have the pace and power to play that loan role like a drogba or giroud I bet if you ask the centre halfs who there toughest opponent I bet Austin rarely gets mentioned so think why pl teams are overlooking him because they have to change there whole set up and tactics and game plan for the season and after paying 15 million would they have to pay for another forward to partner him .I think if big Sam was still at West Ham he definitely be going there as Sam would pitch him up with caroll get the ball wild , think really the only club that would to sign him is wba cause pulls is old school 442 , Leicester put a bid in because they played wing backs so can two up front and vardy would run the channels for him but now Leicester and West Ham have foreign managers they probably gonna go with one up top. I know Zamora got some stick but he done a lot for Austin in terms of donkey work ,

Would Newcastle sign him but mclaren built his team around Martin and even know he an odious little #### he held that ball up something I hate to say Charlie doesn't do
              Good post that, and i think you are right

Comment

• sfunny....I could've swore I posted in here recently..

Comment

sfunny....I could've swore I posted in here recently..
                  It's in the slug-out section Dave: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...lug-Out-Thread

Comment

• Think you better check the swp thread then

Comment

I think the problem with Austin that in my opinion he can only really play in a 442 system, which no premier league teams rarely play , as know we in an age of 4231 or 433 , and also doesn't have the pace and power to play that loan role like a drogba or giroud I bet if you ask the centre halfs who there toughest opponent I bet Austin rarely gets mentioned so think why pl teams are overlooking him because they have to change there whole set up and tactics and game plan for the season and after paying 15 million would they have to pay for another forward to partner him .I think if big Sam was still at West Ham he definitely be going there as Sam would pitch him up with caroll get the ball wild , think really the only club that would to sign him is wba cause pulls is old school 442 , Leicester put a bid in because they played wing backs so can two up front and vardy would run the channels for him but now Leicester and West Ham have foreign managers they probably gonna go with one up top. I know Zamora got some stick but he done a lot for Austin in terms of donkey work ,

but what does that mean for us? aka: im asking does chris ramsey want to play Big Sam style 442? im not sure thats the style that we need to be employing to move the club forward.

biiiig disclaimer: before I get slaughtered, im a massive CA fan and want him to stay. i just wish his hold up play was better
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

• Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                        but what does that mean for us? aka: im asking does chris ramsey want to play Big Sam style 442? im not sure thats the style that we need to be employing to move the club forward.

biiiig disclaimer: before I get slaughtered, im a massive CA fan and want him to stay. i just wish his hold up play was better

I think Ramsey really caught in two minds I think if Charlie does go , I think Carlton Cole a shoe in because he gives us that battering ram to go 433 with Phillips and chery either side ok he won't get 25 goals but he bully the centre halfs but like helguson did

But I think if Austin does stay I think it be 442 with mackie being the work horse . I do honestly think they thought Austin would be long gone by now , hence why our recruitment as been driven to play 433

Comment

• The £15mil outlay that buying club would save by not buying Charlie now and getting him for nowt in 12 months equates to potentially £70K more per week they could pay Charlie over a 4 year contract. So, they could buy him now and offer him a £50K contract or get him on a free in 12 months and offer him a £120K contract and it would be exactly same outlay/cost for buying club and Charlie benefits by £millions...... basically, remaining at Rs is not a bad deal for Charlie; only losers financially are us but even our loss would be mitigated if Charlie's goals fire us to promotion.

Comment

Now this is one of the more insightful posts I've seen on Charlie's PRICE in the transfer market. I'm sure there is a lot of truth in it. Nevertheless, twenty-goals-a-season strikers are rare and a clever manager would find a way to get the best out of somebody in that class - like Charlie.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

So why bid for him then?

Comment

So why bid for him then?

Leicester ?

Comment

Working...
                                X