No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We wana sell him though before his contract runs down...

Comment

• http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...to-sky-sources

Guessing that means they aren't coming in for Austin - still 99% sure he'll be gone by the end of the window but the fact that potential suitors have decided to sign strikers from elsewhere gives me a glimmer of hope. Palace gotta be favourites now, they could even hold out for hope of a lower price now that they know there aren't many others in for him. Really hope we don't accept less than the £15m stated by Les, would make us look weak and really not help our transfer policy with regard to holding onto our other assets. (Not that I have much hope of us holding onto them either if I'm honest)

Comment

• Jordan Ayew to Villa?

According to SSN,Villa have had a bid of £12m accepted for Ayew,is this the end of Villa's interest in Charlie? Sorry if duplicated.

Comment

• Did they ever express any interest? Though timmy was always after his mate adebayor???

Comment

• Hope so. I know a lot of people want this sorted as quickly as poss but i would rather keep him. Ian Taylor said on the Dundee utd commentary that we have had a few bids turned down and Charlie himself has turned down a few offers. Villa could have been one of them. After all the club are obliged to inform him of any interest in him, doesn't mean that these clubs have made bids. Could be a few clubs have enquired about him and he has said "Lesta!!!! You must be joking. And i don't want to work with that t wat Sherwood."
            I know he wants Premiership football after having a good first season in it and getting called up to the England squad. He will undoubtedly have one eye on the euro's but i think he is well down the pecking order or Woy would have at least give him a run out in those two games.
            Plus i wonder if he has thought that if he stays and lets his contact run out he will probably have better offers with no fee being paid, he would also get a bigger signing on fee and wages because of this. So could be better off waiting.

Comment

• According to Ramsey Austin has turned down a few clubs himself because he wants to go to am established top half team. Cant blame him tbh, if he's genuinly happy here (which he says he is, also saying he's happy to stay here if thats the way things turn out) then why risk going to a team who could potentially be in a relegation fight next season (Leicester, Newcastle, Villa etc)

I think despite all the usual hyped up paper b0ll0cks with reports saying it's looking like he's going to this club, it's looking like he's going to that club. In fact I imagine he's actually never once been close to joining any club so far this window...
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Could this also be a reason why Austin is still here?

Ok it's the Mirror reporting it, but the latest story on NewsNow says he wants £85,000 a week.

Don't know how to put the story on this thread.

Comment

• Not seen the story mate, but a couple of things:

1) Wouldn't trust a word of that made up rag.

2) No way Austin would jeapardise a big move due to ridiculous wage demands.

I have to say, I am flabbergasted that people would even begin to think that this is true.

Comment

• Give him 85k then
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• He'll probably get it if he stays with us and bangs in another 20 goals leaving on a free.

Comment

• No it means a new contract
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Rhodes not as proven as Chas and was in and out the team all last season Blackburn turn down 14 million for him.
                          Austin scores for fun in the prem and not one club has made a bid for him at 15 or the same as Rhodes at 14 million.
                          The football world seems to think Charlie is not that good.

Comment

• He won't be joining Newcastle now, as they have just bid £13million for some striker at Bordeaux.
                            Villa are chasing Ayew and willing to pay £12million.

Think clubs are just gonna wait until the summer now and get him on a free.

Comment

• Dont work out like that, the players never free if he runs down his contract, cos hes lost out on pay rises and stability so he gets the signing on fee instead of the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Rhodes not as proven as Chas and was in and out the team all last season Blackburn turn down 14 million for him.
                                Austin scores for fun in the prem and not one club has made a bid for him at 15 or the same as Rhodes at 14 million.
                                The football world seems to think Charlie is not that good.
                                Hodgson I don't think rates him at all.
                                Could have easily given him his chance in the Ireland Friendly and still left him on the bench.
                                Even if Austin does move to a Prem Club it's not gonna help his England Chances at all, as Hodgson will still have Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck and Kane no matter what Austin does!!

Comment

Working...
                                X