No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably be add ons Ginge... I'd take £13m just for this saga to be over! He'll do well at West Ham, great move for him if he does!

Comment

• same reason why we chucked in 3 offers for bentley, clubs are always trying to get players on the cheap. including us.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Probably be add ons Ginge... I'd take £13m just for this saga to be over! He'll do well at West Ham, great move for him if he does!
        Not a business man then. Our existence is key for me so ideally we need to make a decent profit on our most valuable assets.

We have enough to consolidate and stay up this year and progress next year. Doing things correctly.. Sir Les is doing that now for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Probably be add ons Ginge... I'd take £13m just for this saga to be over! He'll do well at West Ham, great move for him if he does!
          same here, 2 mil short is sod all to billionaires. for the sake of 2 mil we should accept. get gayle, dunk byrne, and bentley then lets focus on getting out of this effing hole that we are digging.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            Not a business man then. Our existence is key for me so ideally we need to make a decent profit on our most valuable assets.

We have enough to consolidate and stay up this year and progress next year. Doing things correctly.. Sir Les is doing that now for us.

and if we are stuck with austin for the season, we will get sod all for him next summer. 13 mil towards finishing off the squad is good bussniess sense.

Comment

• The spending this summer leaves me to believe that whatever we get for Charlie won't be available as a transfer kitty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                The spending this summer leaves me to believe that whatever we get for Charlie won't be available as a transfer kitty.

Comment

• Charlie has the air of a man who wants to be elsewhere. At the end of the day £13m is better than nowt
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    Charlie has the air of a man who wants to be elsewhere. At the end of the day £13m is better than nowt
                    As does Phillips and Green IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                      The spending this summer leaves me to believe that whatever we get for Charlie won't be available as a transfer kitty.
                      I've posted the same....can only believe the money has run out or it's get as much as you can stuffed in your pockets and run

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        same here, 2 mil short is sod all to billionaires. for the sake of 2 mil we should accept. get gayle, dunk byrne, and bentley then lets focus on getting out of this effing hole that we are digging.
                        I guess its all based on opinions and a great talking point. I am not totally in disagreement with some of your points made.

A few points I would make; 2 million right now (Potentially 4 actually with Ad-Ons if he plays for England FYI) is a HUGE amount of money to THE CLUB ;-) Yes we have rich owners but we as a club are totally FOOKED right now with debt stacking up by the minute. (Literally).

We have spent unreal amounts of cash in the last few years and potentially face a fine to go with it. Our owner just smashed £60 Odd million to wipe out some of our debt as he knew we was in the sh1t.

So, cutting short and selling on the cheap to make a quick buck, for me isn't worthwhile and we should stand firm and get the most out of the player like any other club. We need start acting like a real club again. Like you said, whats 2 million ehy, then why not hold out?

Only now have we really turned a corner and we have 1 small chance to pull it back if we start acting and operating properly. The start was Sterling and Austin is the next - This making a profit on assets.

We dont really know who we are in for, but spending all of that cash wont guarantee promotion this season. Its a very hard league.. We also dont know the situation with Charlie as he may end up signing a new deal? How the hell do we know whats going on, really? Although I do agree that if it gets to Jan and he hasnt signed a deal we could be proper screwed. But thats the risk you take, it could pay off and have us in the top 6?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          and if we are stuck with austin for the season, we will get sod all for him next summer. 13 mil towards finishing off the squad is good bussniess sense.
                          I am really hoping we get "stuck" with Charlie for the season! Of course if that happens we need to be sure we are capable of making a promotion push and it isn't looking that way at the moment. There is no point in keeping him just to hover in mid-table and then lose him for nothing next summer.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Comment

• Saw something today saying WHU manager is after Phillips be okay if they do a 20m treble Austin Phillips and Greene 13 for Austin 7 for Phillips and take Greene on a free,
                              Well hoping anyhow

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                                Charlie has the air of a man who wants to be elsewhere. At the end of the day £13m is better than nowt
                                And the longer he stays, I really think his value will diminish. Apart from the goal on Saturday that was at least one, if not two handballs I thought he was mostly ineffective in the two games so far.

If he's going, get rid while his value is at its highest
                                2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Working...
                                X