No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the Daily Fail, Charlie is "only" looking for £45kpw wages. We should just offer him £50kpw. He is our star player and is one of the very few players over the last number of years who deserves to be very well paid.

Charlie Austin should be an absolute steal at £15m but is stuck at QPR... the striker is reviewing his options as interest dries up
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      According to the Daily Fail, Charlie is "only" looking for £45kpw wages. We should just offer him £50kpw. He is our star player and is one of the very few players over the last number of years who deserves to be very well paid.

Charlie Austin should be an absolute steal at £15m but is stuck at QPR... the striker is reviewing his options as interest dries up
      think if this is the case, he is the sort to prefer 45k in the prem to 50k in the champ
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        According to the Daily Fail, Charlie is "only" looking for £45kpw wages. We should just offer him £50kpw. He is our star player and is one of the very few players over the last number of years who deserves to be very well paid.

Why not just offer him 45k if that's what he's after? Why the extra 5k per week?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• But I thought it was about the euros......Can't believe anything in the papers can we

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            But I thought it was about the euros......Can't believe anything in the papers can we
            Get real man! More chance of getting 5hit from a rocking horse than him going to euros - no matter who he's playing for

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post
              Get real man! More chance of getting 5hit from a rocking horse than him going to euros - no matter who he's playing for
              Yes i know...and if you read and post here more often you'd know I have posted exactly the same.
              My point that you so spectacularly missed is..........One day it's about money, another day about euros, and another day cause he might like bridges in newcastle!

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Yes i know...and if you read and post here more often you'd know I have posted exactly the same.
                My point that you so spectacularly missed is..........One day it's about money, another day about euros, and another day cause he might like bridges in newcastle!
                What is it with the "my dad's bigger than yours". I'm not a key board warrior I've had a season ticket for the last 20 years and rarely post and likewise if you read my limited posts you would see what I've said about the Austin situation! But hey ho I'm a realist who doesn't spit his dummy out on every bit in the newspapers! I'd gladly meet you before a home game to discuss, but I expect you'll be in your armchair! If not I'd gladly buy you a pint and discuss all things Rangers

Comment

• So why didn't he sign a new 60k a week contract when it was offered to him in January????

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurt Bakholt View Post
                    So why didn't he sign a new 60k a week contract when it was offered to him in January????
                    You know that do you?

Comment

• Shane @FNN_Official
                      One bid for Charlie Austin has come from West Ham United. Fee in the region of £13million.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• I think it is quite straight forward situation. He was at least honest in front of the cameras after the Cardiff game...He wants to play in the premiership. Any mid table club would do, don't think hes that bothered.

He hasn't become absolutely sheeeet overnight because of a poor game at Charlton. He was second only to Harry Kane in English top goalscorers last season, so if i was Woy, your top two goalscorers automatically get picked.

Austin just wants a chance to do that again and regardless of the type of bloke or his professionalism, we are never going to get the best out of him, whilst he is seeking a move. I think £15 mil was a fair price and eventually clubs will cave and pay that price. Think he will end up having his choice between Spurs, Everton and Newcastle.

Comment

• Austin is unfit just like he was last pre-season and then one before..

This year is a little different, busy Summer for him all round. (England call up and a wedding).. that hasnt helped with all this speculation, but believe me he is still a top striker.

If the bid comes in, he will sign a deal and go. If not there is every chance he will stay. Thats football..

A friend of mine plays for Burnley FC, he mentioned his agent was going to get him a deal in the Prem. That he did, he left Boro as a half good striker and got a move to the top flight. (Somehow)

If there is a deal to be done it will. The hold up surprises me so maybe clubs dont value him at that price / think he will fit in their system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                            You know that do you?
                            Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurt Bakholt View Post
                              no need to click on the link, can see it is from the daily mail..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                Shane @FNN_Official
                                One bid for Charlie Austin has come from West Ham United. Fee in the region of £13million.
                                I don't get it. £15m is the price we want. Why teams continually offer lower is beyond me.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2