The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Simple answer is to add £1m per week to the price. That way, if we are short of time to get replacements, those that have messed us about can stump up the extra, not us. Seems only fair.
    Would love to watch a press conference called by Les with him just in front of a giant calendar looking deep into the camera and saying 'Time is running out, the decision is yours'
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Simple answer is to add £1m per week to the price. That way, if we are short of time to get replacements, those that have messed us about can stump up the extra, not us. Seems only fair.
      Thats sort of my point Brighton with setting an arbitrary date for the sale. If someone comes in after that date and offers a premium on top of our valuation as a sort of "late bid" tax then we will find it hard to turn it down. It doesnt help us in our attempts to replace him though if it is last minute

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        Thats sort of my point Brighton with setting an arbitrary date for the sale. If someone comes in after that date and offers a premium on top of our valuation as a sort of "late bid" tax then we will find it hard to turn it down. It doesnt help us in our attempts to replace him though if it is last minute
        I suppose that depends on how large the premium is.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure we can get around a late sale of C A if he goes as the window closes by taking a player loan with a view to buy in January as we would be buying from a lower league where the seller would be more needy, than a premiership club like after the Frog going at the last minute

Comment

• Looks like Newcastle may have placed a bid finally. It may have gone quiet but might becoming a little more lively suddenly.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              Looks like Newcastle may have placed a bid finally. It may have gone quiet but might becoming a little more lively suddenly.
              Palace are making a move too according to whispers at wls.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Looks like Newcastle may have placed a bid finally. It may have gone quiet but might becoming a little more lively suddenly.
                Exactly! Buying clubs are just testing the waters to see what they can get away with but when you think about it, £15m for Charlie is an absolute joke. Where else can you get an 18 goal Premier League scorer in his mid twenties who has averaged around a goal every two games at every level he has ever played at, including the Premier League, for £15m?! His actual VALUE (what he does on the pitch) is surely double that.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  I'm pretty sure we can get around a late sale of C A if he goes as the window closes by taking a player loan with a view to buy in January as we would be buying from a lower league where the seller would be more needy, than a premiership club like after the Frog going at the last minute

that genuinely made me chuckle !

Comment

• We should be looking To do a deal with palace.

8m plus gayle, bannan and mariappa.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      We should be looking To do a deal with palace.

Exactly, except I'd have Guedioura over Bannan (just personal preference having seen Guedioura play a lot last season)

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        We should be looking To do a deal with palace.

Gayle in talks with Norwich apparently.

Comment

Problem is, their bid is £15m worth of Sports Direct vouchers.....

Comment

• For me there's an irony if he ends up at WHU.

During the Harry meltdown Bilic's availability was flagged up on here early, early doors..... but the present incumbent was deemed a better choice by the powers that be, and we all know how that worked out. Had they made the right decision both Chaz and the Slave would have been together in the prem next term in West London - I'm convinced the latter would have kept us up. Life, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Had they made the right decision both Chaz and the Slave would have been together in the prem next term in West London - I'm convinced the latter would have kept us up. Life, huh?

Cracks me up people thinking someone could have come in, waved a magic wand and turned our Championship squad into a PL squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                                Gayle in talks with Norwich apparently.
                                Ahh gutting. Where did you see that fordy? He'll be a great signing for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X