The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryan8947 View Post
    The thing is, if we keep him we have six months to get on a new deal. From our point of view I think it would be better for us if he struggled at the start of the season, we get him on a new deal and then he finds sensational form.
    Why on earth would he sign a new deal if he doesn't move in the summer?

The only beneficiary of such an action would be Rangers, so from his perspective, it's best just to do nothing and see what his options are either in January when teams are desperate enough to pay the price we then want, (more than we do now as they're desperate), or the following summer where everything is stacked completely in his favour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
      Californiahoop reckons with have offered him 60kpw to stay.

Come on Charlie. You know it makes sense
      same offer was on the table when we were in the prem league - why would he take it now when he can either go to a prem club if a proper offer comes in or go for free in 12 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Why on earth would he sign a new deal if he doesn't move in the summer?

The only beneficiary of such an action would be Rangers, so from his perspective, it's best just to do nothing and see what his options are either in January when teams are desperate enough to pay the price we then want, (more than we do now as they're desperate), or the following summer where everything is stacked completely in his favour.
        Two reasons:
        1. More money for the next year in case he stays. Probably more than double his current pay packet.
        2. It will increase his PRICE in the transfer market, making it more likely that somebody will meet our valuation and he will get the move he wants to the Premier League (in January if we haven't sold him before this transfer window closes).

It would be in his interests and ours for him to sign a new deal with us, although the deal would need to be right obviously.
        Last edited by dsqpr; 12-07-2015, 11:22 PM.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• I hope he's sold soon. The length of the thread is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            I hope he's sold soon. The length of the thread is killing me.
            Guess I'll make it a bit longer then in the hope of ending posts like that!
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
              Ive done a poll, cos we had all this with remy with so many people determined he was staying with us. Chaz is as good as gone imo.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...e-Championship

Comment

You are a loyal money maker for the site and a sad individual.

Comment

Two reasons:
                  1. More money for the next year in case he stays. Probably more than double his current pay packet.
                  2. It will increase his PRICE in the transfer market, making it more likely that somebody will meet our valuation and he will get the move he wants to the Premier League (in January if we haven't sold him before this transfer window closes).

It would be in his interests and ours for him to sign a new deal with us, although the deal would need to be right obviously.
                  1. not sure this would be the case... we seem to be looking to radically cut the wage bill, not up it.
                  2. it would increase what we get, not his signing on fee (guess what.... the more we get, the less clubs have to offer as signing on fee)

it's probably in his interests to let his contract run down and cash in on the "no transfer fee = extorionate wages" logic that cesar and co used a few years back... but definitely not in his interest to sign a new deal

Comment

You have over 7,900 posts and I'm still under 3,000.

Comment

Two reasons:

So let me get this straight.

Nobody has offered £15m as yet, but once he signs a new contract, his price goes up and therefore it's more likely that clubs are willing to pay a higher amount.

Comment

Please tell us how dsqpr is making this site money.

People do say the funniest things at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          So let me get this straight.

Nobody has offered £15m as yet, but once he signs a new contract, his price goes up and therefore it's more likely that clubs are willing to pay a higher amount.
                          That's right Brighton. We all know that having only one year left on your contract reduces your PRICE in the transfer market so of course this works in reverse too: If Charlie signs a new (multi-year) deal, the PRICE clubs are willing to pay will go up because they will know there is no chance of getting him for nothing next summer.

Comment

• It is not in Charlie's interests to sign a new multi year contract with us. If he was vaguely interested he would have done something when we offered him a new deal last season while we still had a chance of staying in the prem. It is the unfortunate consequences of modern football and society in general. If he doesnt go this summer (which i think he will) then next year he will have a queue of clubs offering him vastly more than anything we can offer especially a ridiculous signing on fee (ayew got £5mill from swansea), a more stable club (more prem established than us) to allow him to improve his game, achieve more and increase his england chances. He seems to have followed a certain pathway since turning pro where he spends 2 seasons with a team, does well and then moves up a level and his 2 years with us has past

Comment

That's right Brighton. We all know that having only one year left on your contract reduces your PRICE in the transfer market so of course this works in reverse too: If Charlie signs a new (multi-year) deal, the PRICE clubs are willing to pay will go up because they will know there is no chance of getting him for nothing next summer.
                              I see what you are saying. I happen to disagree though, only on the basis that I can't see why he would do something to his detriment.

However, I don't think you are a sad individual.

Comment

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490

New rumour is West Ham want to bring down the 15 mill price by offering us either Nolan or Jarvis.

Comment

Working...
                                X