Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rodman View Post
    Brentford looking to send their England under 20 keeper out on loan.

Worth a look surely.
    how times have changed

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
      Fri 30 June (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), but isn’t today the day all players out of contract with their respective previous clubs can now officially move to a new club on free transfer without a fee involved?

I just hope and pray we’ve identified some decent targets and been unofficially speaking with those players prior to today and we don’t wait till last minute to grab the scraps at the bottom of the barrel that no one else wants! Lewis Wing and Regan Poole first 2 please Rangers!
      That is true but today is also the deadline for FFP/sustainability calculations (This is why CFC have been busy offloading players - they needed the deals to be done before midnight today). So, depending on their position within the rolling FFP threshold, different clubs have approached today with a different need and that's almost certainly why Mount and Maddison have suddenly moved in past 24hrs or so.

Dunno how applicable today is for paupers like us though? its not as though the piddly fees we'd be paying would be FFP critical to the selling team. I suspect we will be going well into August before anything really happens.

Comment

• Asmir Begovic

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/source...-asmir-begovic

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

one for the future!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

one for the future!
            Doubt we could compete financially with L-U-T-O-N....!!

Comment

• Is Chris Martin staying? We offered deal, not sure he accepted.

If he stays,

Dykes, Martin, Armstrong, Smyth, Kelman, Kargbo

Enough strikers in my view.

Left winger tops my requirement list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                Is Chris Martin staying? We offered deal, not sure he accepted.

If he stays,

6 strikers, but how many will actually play or get into double figures? None!

Dykes will play most if not all games, but he’s not prolific is he? If Wild Thing only plays 1 up front, then what happens with the rest?

Martin hasn’t signed a deal yet;
                Armstrong will either be injured or always on the bench;
                Smyth may play as Dykes first choice partner, but he’s not proven at this level;
                Kelman will probably be loaned out again…no idea why he was given another deal;
                Kargbo Youth team player who may get the odd bit of first team experience off the bench in the Carabao cup!

Therefore, please don’t rule out a decent, young, hungry, fox in the box type Striker who may get us 15 goals a season…I think we will definitely be needing someone like that this season or we will be buggered!

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Doubt we could compete financially with L-U-T-O-N....!!

The day we cany financially compete with them k nts up the m1 I'm packing up

Oh hang on how far we have slipped into the abyss

Comment

Is Chris Martin staying? We offered deal, not sure he accepted.

If he stays,

Left winger - are we resigned to losing Willock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Left winger - are we resigned to losing Willock?
                      I think Gareth will play 4 4 2. Don't view Willock as left or right midfield. Best form, 4 3 3 under Beale, in final 3 or 5 3 2 under Warburton, final 2.

Chair has same problem.

Beale's system fitted them perfectly.

Comment

I think Gareth will play 4 4 2. Don't view Willock as left or right midfield. Best form, 4 3 3 under Beale, in final 3 or 5 3 2 under Warburton, final 2.

Chair has same problem.

Beale's system fitted them perfectly.
                        Judging by the current state of our squad we probably need to be playing a 2-1-7 formation!

Only Dunne and Paal first choice defenders (Glass Salter will inevitably be injured all season again!)

Field (if he stays) is the only decent first choice CMF player we have;

Leaving the other positions to be filled by our attacking players. Hey, it might work? Coukd be entertaining at least…

Comment

• https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...eparts-300623/

Martin departs,so at least 1 striker is a must

Comment

• Martin departs,so we must sign at least 1 striker now

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post

Martin departs,so we must sign at least 1 striker now
                              Thats an interesting move, but I guess an older version of Dykes. Perhaps we'll go a pacer CF, or use the funds to extend Willock's contract and rely on the youngster to fill the CF gap? But Dykes is prone to an injury so we'll probably bring someone in.

Comment

• Need to get a striker in sharpish , give him time to bed in

Comment

Working...
                                X