Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Perhaps because we only need him as back up for Dykes the negioations are continuing. Dykes does have a history of injuries so we need a similar player as cover.

I cant see both playing as a pair. Perhaps hes looking for more regular football hence hes seeing whats out there?

Armstrong, Kelman and Karbo are still young, and Dykes has only just established himself. Having Martin in the squad would be great to pass on his experience in a coaching capacilty too.
    We were dreadful everytime Dykes and Martin played together. Ainsworth finally got the idea when he played Lowe off Dykes at Burnley and we looked far better. Armstrong and Dykes at Burnley caused them a lot of trouble. Dykes needs pace around him.

Got no problem signing Martin as cover for Dykes but no way can we play 2 up front with them two together. It was like playing with 9 men every week.

Comment

• If Armstrong will go out on loan we need at least one or even two two strikers in? Imo, one of them could be Martin...Just a thought.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
        If Armstrong will go out on loan we need at least one or even two two strikers in? Imo, one of them could be Martin...Just a thought.
        Doubt he will as he was getting first team experience last season. Kelman has over 100 EFL appearances now so its time for him to deliver in the champiobship. I think it will be Kargbo who will go out on loan if Martin comes in because hes only got five EFL appearances to his name.

Comment

• Suspect Kelman has been kept as safeguard if we can't sign anyone. Has not done much out on loan so I see him as an occasional late sub against tired defences. We need to either keep Martin and sign another or sign two new strikers. Imagine one will be a loan signing. Armstrong looked like he could make a difference when he came on last season. Think we should keep him.

Comment

• Kelman /Armstrong both are not championship players.. league 1 at best Armstrong got potential with the right coaching as he has pace and is a lump but his control / positioning/ Decision making needs major major work .
            kargbo not seen him play but when fans are calling him our saviour that worries me as at his age he should of played or even been on the bench no non league clubs have even wanted him on loan and his juts playing u23 games . And fans are getting excited by him because his in some training pics .
            I worry will resign Martin and not look at other options .

Comment

• Dykes is a back up striker at best , he's proven to be not good enough first choice at this level.
              Martin is a cart horse that could'nt get in a poor Bristol city side.
              Armstrong has potential but is always injured so back up at best.
              Kelman is rubbish , get rid.
              Kargbo is unproven and if any good should be loaned out for a season to league 2.
              We have needed a decent striker for years now and if we don't sign anyone we will get relegated

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                Dykes is a back up striker at best , he's proven to be not good enough first choice at this level.
                Martin is a cart horse that could'nt get in a poor Bristol city side.
                Armstrong has potential but is always injured so back up at best.
                Kelman is rubbish , get rid.
                Kargbo is unproven and if any good should be loaned out for a season to league 2.
                We have needed a decent striker for years now and if we don't sign anyone we will get relegated
                Dykes is more than capable at this level but he needs a strike partner. Look at his partnership with Austin a couple of years ago. Dykes allows Austin to have space by occupying one if not two defenders at times. It works when you have someone to compliment dykes. We haven't got that person just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Doubt he will as he was getting first team experience last season. Kelman has over 100 EFL appearances now so it's outime for him to deliver in the champiobship. I think it will be Kargbo who will go out on loan if Martin comes in because hes only got five EFL appearances to his name.
                  You could very well be spot on with your assessment!
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• New performance director come in Ben Williams

Decent pedigree team ineos wants to take his time and see where we are at. Should take 30 seconds were either injured on the end of a tonking

Comment

• Dykes a back up striker at best? You cannot be serious! He has 7 goals in his last 14 for Scotland. It is all about how Dykes is used. Use him right and he can score 15-20 in the Championship if he is injury free.

Comment

• Couple more rumours doing the rounds if true
                        Scott Twine on loan from Burnley
                        lot of interest in Bradley Dack

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          Dykes a back up striker at best? You cannot be serious! He has 7 goals in his last 14 for Scotland. It is all about how Dykes is used. Use him right and he can score 15-20 in the Championship if he is injury free.
                          I don't care what Dykes has done for Scotland , I care about what he does for us and his record is one in four , which is poor for a main striker. He runs a lot and tries hard but he is not very good at the basics for a striker , scoring goals , holding the ball up and bringing others into play.
                          How many sitters has he missed from 5 yards or less ?
                          You can't compare his stats for Scotland as he is playing with much better players than we have at QPR.
                          Most fans have been calling for us to sign a striker for years , now all of a sudden Dykes has become our saviour to a load of fans , just because he signed a new deal.
                          I would love to be proved wrong and he gets 20 goals next season but I just can't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                            Couple more rumours doing the rounds if true
                            Both decent players but very similar to Chair and Willock .

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                              Couple more rumours doing the rounds if true
                              But are we after them? If not a pointless topic

Comment

• Originally posted by swede View Post

But are we after them? If not a pointless topic
                                Lol, I see what you did there!

Comment

Working...