X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Right price,might be worth taking.

Definitely need another CB.

Personally, glad we didn't take Balogun. Injury prone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Right price,might be worth taking.

Definitely need another CB.

Personally, glad we didn't take Balogun. Injury prone.
      Islington lad, right footed, can plsy left & right CB and has one year left on his contract. Surely £250k would get him?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chri...spieler/906254

Comment

• Josh Kight, 26 in Sept, Centre-Back, RB and Defensive Midfielder. One year left on contract with Peterborough

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/12/qpr-i...ansfer-target/

Comment

Josh Kight, 26 in Sept, Centre-Back, RB and Defensive Midfielder. One year left on contract with Peterborough

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/12/qpr-i...ansfer-target/
          I now we are on a low budget and so many players has left. Some very injury prone yes but they where championship standard. All our targets are L1 mediocre players not the stars. What are our owners thinking? Sometimes you must risk something to get reward, this is just ridicoulus we are bound for leauge 1. We will have a weaker squad then the one who had the worst form in the whole championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by 222lepo View Post

I now we are on a low budget and so many players has left. Some very injury prone yes but they where championship standard. All our targets are L1 mediocre players not the stars. What are our owners thinking? Sometimes you must risk something to get reward, this is just ridicoulus we are bound for leauge 1. We will have a weaker squad then the one who had the worst form in the whole championship.
            Luton recruited a lot of their players from L1 and that didnt exactly end up bad did they?

Comment

I now we are on a low budget and so many players has left. Some very injury prone yes but they were championship standard. All our targets are L1 mediocre players not the stars. What are our owners thinking? Sometimes you must risk something to get reward, this is just ridicoulus we are bound for leauge 1. We will have a weaker squad than at the momthe one who had the worst form in the whole championship.
              Well at the moment we’ve signed the Fulham player prem, Smyth & both played in championship, if we sign the GK, prem, Wing if he signs played in championship, no L1 players there, admittedly there could be 1 or two but we’ll see, don’t know what you expect us to do? Can’t afford top wages or fees, have put up with who comes in & get behind them

Comment

- Dickie from L1
                -Amos with one appearance with Spurs, three Southend and 16 for Stevenage
                -Willock from Benfica B
                - Chair mainly Stevenage
                - Les from Hayes
                - Etc

We're not bad at polishing the odd turd...!

Comment

- Dickie from L1
                  -Willock from Benfica B
                  - Chair mainly Stevenage
                  - Les from Hayes
                  - Etc

I get your point i am talking about players who could help the team this season. Amos was a nobrainer higly rated at Tottenham, Dickie was a star in L1 we payed 3m for him, Chair came as a prospect who developed trough loans, Willock was a jackpott yes i agree. Les took also a couple of years to develop. We need players who will carry this team through this season dont you agree?

Comment

- Dickie from L1
                    -Willock from Benfica B
                    - Chair mainly Stevenage
                    - Les from Hayes
                    - Etc

In how many years? A lot more have failed! Dickie and Amos were not polished either!

Don't mind adding the odd lower league player but we seem to be targeting players Ainsworth knows, which is a dangerous game. No point having our analysts, scouts etc in a job if we're just targeting players Ainsworth knows.

Obviously I'd expect some interest in players Ainsworth has managed before, maybe one or two at a push but it seems every target has played for Wycombe at some stage and that will end in disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

In how many years? A lot more have failed! Dickie and Amos were not polished either!

Don't mind adding the odd lower league player but we seem to be targeting players Ainsworth knows, which is a dangerous game. No point having our analysts, scouts etc in a job if we're just targeting players Ainsworth knows.

Obviously I'd expect some interest in players Ainsworth has managed before, maybe one or two at a push but it seems every target has played for Wycombe at some stage and that will end in disaster.
                      Wery well written i agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Well at the moment we’ve signed the Fulham player prem, Smyth & both played in championship, if we sign the GK, prem, Wing if he signs played in championship, no L1 players there, admittedly there could be 1 or two but we’ll see, don’t know what you expect us to do? Can’t afford top wages or fees, have put up with who comes in & get behind them
                        The Fulham player was not PREM , he played for under 23's , Smyth was not Championship standard that's why we released him . Begovic was a decent keeper but a bit old now , so was a reserve at Everton. Wing hardly played in the Championship when he was at M/boro .
                        I hope whoever we sign turns out to be a blinder but like other posters have said , it is very risky signing a lot of lower league players that are out of contract and not many other clubs want. It's different than signing the clubs better players for a few million quid .
                        I know we are shopping in the bargain basement but Ainsworth signing all his old players is dodgy especially if we sack him early in the season which i expect will happen and then any new manager will be left with Ainsworths old lot.
                        Surely our super analytic scouting network could of found a few gems

Comment

I get your point i am talking about players who could help the team this season. Amos was a nobrainer higly rated at Tottenham, Dickie was a star in L1 we payed 3m for him, Chair came as a prospect who developed trough loans, Willock was a jackpott yes i agree. Les took also a couple of years to develop. We need players who will carry this team through this season dont you agree?
                          I've never heard of any of the L1 players linked. Likwise, I dont follow L1 to know who the stars are and who is Joe average. But GA has 30 years experience in the professional game and I would hope he knows a player when he sees one. As someone mentioned a few days ago, not getting a points deduction may keep us up and sink at least one club. These players may well be good enough to get us to 20tb place, which will be good enough for me.

If these are the only players we can afford we just have to hope for the best. At least they appear to be able to play 30 games a season each.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Yeah, because our scouts and analysts are top drawer arent they, with a long list of credits to their names. They excelled in last summer's recruitment

Comment

• We are skint and unless we sell two or more of Field, Willock and Chair I suspect we will have little to no transfer funds. In the meantime we are desperately short in some areas and have to hope GA can use his lower league knowledge to pick up some players for peanuts to plug holes. That lower league knowledge is an advantage of having someone like Ainsworth. He knows what attributes he is looking for.

Comment

Yeah, because our scouts and analysts are top drawer arent they, with a long list of credits to their names. They excelled in last summer's recruitment
                                I think the majority were happy with last summers recruitment at the time? It's easy with hindsight!

Comment

Working...
                                X