Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
    josh Scowen and Paul Smyth!! seriously!
    Both absolute dog #### , i know we are shopping in Poundland but there must be better out of contract players than them about .

Comment

• If Eze or Chair get sold we will have a very decent budget. If not, we will be shopping at Poundland not to break FFP. I think Ainsworth has two plans and is looking at both. The problem is that we cannot leave decisions until last minute, hopping one of the two mentioned players move, so I guess the Poundland option will start being executed soon with players such as Scowen, Smyth and other lower League free or cheap signings. If we then suddenly find ourselves with a better budget close to transfer deadline day it might be too late to strengthen that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        If Eze or Chair get sold we will have a very decent budget. If not, we will be shopping at Poundland not to break FFP. I think Ainsworth has two plans and is looking at both. The problem is that we cannot leave decisions until last minute, hopping one of the two mentioned players move, so I guess the Poundland option will start being executed soon with players such as Scowen, Smyth and other lower League free or cheap signings. If we then suddenly find ourselves with a better budget close to transfer deadline day it might be too late to strengthen that much.
        Tbh thant sounds more like it we don't have a plan in other words

Comment

• I havent followed Symths progress but hes been playing regular football for the last two years and will be 26 in Sept. We need a squad, he has something to prove, is coming into his prime yeara and is a free transfer. Lets see what materialises and if he joins, how he performs.

My only concern is that if we bring in too many L1/2 players we'll end up relegated. We need a mix of established championship players on free to get the balance right.

Comment

• Bet Ainsworth wishes club didn’t let Ball go last summer, better option than Scowen

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              Bet Ainsworth wishes club didn’t let Ball go last summer, better option than Scowen
              Am I missing something, Scowen signed then eh? No & won’t so don’t see why your comparing them

Comment

• Rumoured to be interested in Morgan Fox who is a left back - free transfer

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...e-city-player/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Fox_(footballer)

Comment

• Should have worn my glasses. Thought we were looking at Megan Fox. That would increase attendances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Am I missing something, Scowen signed then eh? No & won’t so don’t see why your comparing them
                    Well of course he hasn't signed but I guess you may have missed the previous comments that I am responding to, the rumours (which is what this thread is about) of Ainsworth interest in Scowen as per WLS.

But so long as you are 100% sure he won't be signing then that is good enough for me.

Still believe we made a massive error getting rid of Ball and Barbet last summer for injury prone replacements.

Comment

• Couldn't do anything about Barbet, he was out of contract. Ball should have had more games under Warbs and yes agree would have liked him last season.

Comment

• Scowen should not have been let go in the first place in my opinion.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Drewe and Archer both sign new one year deals. If Seny goes which he almost certainly will gives us a ready replacement and Drewe showed a bit of promise last year although probably more a squad player.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Drewe and Archer both sign new one year deals. If Seny goes which he almost certainly will gives us a ready replacement and Drewe showed a bit of promise last year although probably more a squad player.
                            Problem with archer is keeping him sober, if rumours are true he makes Neil Ruddock look teetotal
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post

Well of course he hasn't signed but I guess you may have missed the previous comments that I am responding to, the rumours (which is what this thread is about) of Ainsworth interest in Scowen as per WLS.

But so long as you are 100% sure he won't be signing then that is good enough for me.

Still believe we made a massive error getting rid of Ball and Barbet last summer for injury prone replacements.
                              Agree with Ball & Barbet being let go both mistakes, Ball rarely let us down & Barbet always reliable

Comment

• Window shuts September 1st. Got all of July and August to come plus rest of this month. I'd be very surprised if much happened in next 6 weeks or so given our situation hinges on raising funds from say, Dieng and Chair. It's kind of like moving house but being in a big chain of buyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X