No announcement yet.

Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA says he hopes the first of many signings for the upcoming season which is vaguely encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

6ft6in…can he play up front? Perfect for hoof ball!
      Lads already a proven goal scorer.

Comment

• On the face of it, we have upgraded our keeper, got £2 Million in the bank and we will have our first choice keeper during AFCON. I dare say Begovic is probably on more of a salary than Dieng but all in all it's a pretty darn good bit of business in my books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
          On the face of it, we have upgraded our keeper, got £2 Million in the bank and we will have our first choice keeper during AFCON. I dare say Begovic is probably on more of a salary than Dieng but all in all it's a pretty darn good bit of business in my books.
          Hard to disagree with that.

Comment

• Brilliant business.

At his age he could still have a couple of years left in him. Will be great to support the CBs in front of him too.

He will be on a good £10k a week more than Dieng, but for one year thats £500k of the £2m we got for Dieng. But we've also freed up Steffs big wages too, so it balances out nicely.

Walsh will now go out on loan and we'll have two young lads trying to be nos 1 next season. I would extend the contracts of both keepers now and perhaps keep them out on loan for the next two seasons. Begovic will be good for season 24/25 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
              On the face of it, we have upgraded our keeper, got £2 Million in the bank and we will have our first choice keeper during AFCON. I dare say Begovic is probably on more of a salary than Dieng but all in all it's a pretty darn good bit of business in my books.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Brilliant business.

At his age he could still have a couple of years left in him. Will be great to support the CBs in front of him too.

He will be on a good £10k a week more than Dieng, but for one year thats £500k of the £2m we got for Dieng. But we've also freed up Steffs big wages too, so it balances out nicely.

Walsh will now go out on loan and we'll have two young lads trying to be nos 1 next season. I would extend the contracts of both keepers now and perhaps keep them out on loan for the next two seasons. Begovic will be good for season 24/25 too.

Comment

• Comment

• Good news!
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

What makes you think if we sell two of those players we will spend any of the money we receive? We have sold Dickie and Dieng for 3 million and haven't spent a penny of it. Our owners aren't interested in spending money , they are just trying to recoup they're losses. There is absolutely no point in selling your better players unless you are going to re - invest it.
                      If you couldn't care less about FFP, and possible points deduction and transfer embargo, I agree with you that it makes no sense to sell your better players if you cannot reinvest all the money in new players.

I also agree that it looks like the owners aren't interested in spending money and just try to recoup the losses, if we for a second ignore the fact they have just opened a £20m new training centre, converted £13m+ loans to equity to make us debt light, and have funded huge losses to try to gain promotion - £25m as late as 21/22.

Comment

• Fantastic news! I've always felt decent goalies are ten-a-penny and there's no need to waste time/money/wages on "prospects" or big heads - just go out and pick one up in their late 30s who's been around the block and knows his stuff. Hopefully he'll be a bit more "shouty" than what we've had for past few years - reckon our defence would benefit from someone barking at them every time they go slack.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

If you couldn't care less about FFP, and possible points deduction and transfer embargo, I agree with you that it makes no sense to sell your better players if you cannot reinvest all the money in new players.

I also agree that it looks like the owners aren't interested in spending money and just try to recoup the losses, if we for a second ignore the fact they have just opened a £20m new training centre, converted £13m+ loans to equity to make us debt light, and have funded huge losses to try to gain promotion - £25m as late as 21/22.
                          They'll be doing well to recoup their losses outside of the premier league. Perhaps half how much they put in every month to keep us going would be a start. To breakeven we'd need to sell circa £10m worth of players every season and still go out looking for free transfer signings.

To get anything close to the £350m theyve put into this club we need premiership sky and parchute money, not spend a penny in transfer fees and still manage to sell the club for £100m. That looks a very distant dream.

Comment

• Leeds United full takeover complete, so expect them to enter the transfer market now.

I cant see that they've signed anyone so far, unlike a fast moving proactive club like Qpr.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

The £20 million investment into new training complex does'nt come under FFP spendingand i am sure they would recoup their money on any sale , so they are hardly being flambuoyant with their money.
                              My whole point about slagging our owners is , they have'nt got a clue what they are doing . They keep trying to get players on the cheap or for free and most turn out to be crap and either leave on a free or we pay them off because they are so bad.
                              To still be losing a so called £500k per month or whatever it is and for us to still have a crap team with hardly any players that have a good sale fee just goes to show how incompetent our owners are.
                              I know we need to stay within FFP regulations but clubs like Brentford manage it quite well . They sign decent players for say £ 3 to £4 million and within two or 3 years sell them on for £20 million or more.
                              We have these super rich owners that go on about a new stadium to generate more money but after over 10 years we are'nt even near a new stadium because they want it all for nothing. They are'nt interested in spending any more of their money .
                              As i've said in many other posts they are absolutely clueless how to run a football club.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                                Leeds United full takeover complete, so expect them to enter the transfer market now.

I cant see that they've signed anyone so far, unlike a fast moving proactive club like Qpr.
                                Signed Ampadu haven't they? Or about too?

Comment

Working...
                                X