Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
    Leon Balogun and Chris Martin very close to both re-signing with us for 1 year each.

ive also been told Wing on verge of signing after we get back from our pre-season tour along with Balogun and Martin

2x midfielders also gonna be announced on season long loansnames not given to me
    Bobby Thomas will be our 4th new signing

6 signings coming after pre season tour.........Balogun, Wing, 2 x mifielders, Martin, Thomas the 6

all cheap options no perm money signings only 3 free transfers and 3 loans

been told GA is after at least 1 more and im hoping its more as we need a right back and a keeper as well as a striker

been told were outpriced on any strikers so Martin will be back and GA might have to start the season with the options of Dykes, Martin, Armstrong, Kelman as strikers Smyth will be used as a winger

8 signings in total including Smyth and the Fulham left back

on paper they are replacing the players but for me were still 3 short (im praying we get at least a keeper and a right back)
    My assumption is that is what we will be getting in as a bare minimum if we can't shift some or all of Chair, Willock and Field to get some funds in. If so then whether that will be any good will depend on who the two midfielders are. Wing seems a sensible signing and has a shot on him. We need at least two CBs and Thomas seems to be highly rated. If Balogun's fitness can be managed then he showed before injury last season he was decent. Martin another old head and in my view we need a few so him and Balogun plus Uncle is probably minimum we need and he also chipped in with a few goals so for a free transfer no issue for me having him back.

We do need a decent striker on loan. If we can get that then we can maybe challenge for automatic promotion rather than just play offs.

Comment

Leon Balogun and Chris Martin very close to both re-signing with us for 1 year each.

ive also been told Wing on verge of signing after we get back from our pre-season tour along with Balogun and Martin

2x midfielders also gonna be announced on season long loansnames not given to me
      Bobby Thomas will be our 4th new signing

6 signings coming after pre season tour.........Balogun, Wing, 2 x mifielders, Martin, Thomas the 6

all cheap options no perm money signings only 3 free transfers and 3 loans

been told GA is after at least 1 more and im hoping its more as we need a right back and a keeper as well as a striker

been told were outpriced on any strikers so Martin will be back and GA might have to start the season with the options of Dykes, Martin, Armstrong, Kelman as strikers Smyth will be used as a winger

8 signings in total including Smyth and the Fulham left back

on paper they are replacing the players but for me were still 3 short (im praying we get at least a keeper and a right back)
      Another attention seeker.

Comment

• We're not even linked with a striker which to me is a huge worry ! I don't count re-signing Chris Martin as a new striker

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post

Another attention seeker.
          really?

hardly setting the world on fire those signings just letting you guys in on what i know

Comment

• Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
            We're not even linked with a striker which to me is a huge worry ! I don't count re-signing Chris Martin as a new striker
            Yes and this worries me big time. Expecting another season when our best scorer gets 8-10 goals (Dykes). I know quality strikers are hard to find with our budget, but have to say i´m disappointed and worried if we don´t get someone in soon.

Comment

really?

hardly setting the world on fire those signings just letting you guys in on what i know
              Yes really. Everything you posted has been doing the rounds on all the usual sites for days . Have you been talking to Newsnow?

Comment

• think we went down when we appointed GA last season

was either last season or this

im not worried i know its happening

almost done with this club hurts me to say it but this is the only time since ive been supporting this club since 1984 that i have been embarrassed by what we have become even under Holloway in his first spell i was still proud but something just isnt right now

now if we appoint Steve Gallen as DOF to me its saying were gonna be closer to being non league than Premier League

we at best from next season will be league 1 for several seasons to come at worse like i say i think we will become conference or national league whatever you call it these days

we had our chance we blew it big time

clubs like Brentford, Palace Fulham are making a mockery of us and now even the likes of Luton and Millwall make us look like fools

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post

Yes really. Everything you posted has been doing the rounds on all the usual sites for days . Have you been talking to Newsnow?
                  ease yourself down

ive not seen anything about Balogun anywhere?

Comment

• Been mentioned loads of places. And a podcast I listened to this morning. Doubt they have taken him to Austria to give him a holiday.

Comment

think we went down when we appointed GA last season

was either last season or this

im not worried i know its happening

almost done with this club hurts me to say it but this is the only time since ive been supporting this club since 1984 that i have been embarrassed by what we have become even under Holloway in his first spell i was still proud but something just isnt right now
                      What do means things aren't right?

We've done the rounds of experienced, cheque book and up and coming managers. Now we're trying to put a squad together on a budget with a manager who is here for the right reasons. We have also just moved into a state of art training facility.

Things are right - we're trying to run a football team whilst trying to cut our cloth accordingly. We have a manager who is here under no illustrations as to the budget.

We are a small club and if we go down so be it. But ine thing is for sure, it will not be down to the lack of effort under GA.

I will aupport the club whatever league we're playing in. If you want to bail out and go and support Man City if we end up in L1 then goodbye.

Comment

• Matty Godden from Cov linked

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

What do means things aren't right?

We've done the rounds of experienced, cheque book and up and coming managers. Now we're trying to put a squad together on a budget with a manager who is here for the right reasons. We have also just moved into a state of art training facility.

Things are right - we're trying to run a football team whilst trying to cut our cloth accordingly. We have a manager who is here under no illustrations as to the budget.

We are a small club and if we go down so be it. But ine thing is for sure, it will not be down to the lack of effort under GA.

I will aupport the club whatever league we're playing in. If you want to bail out and go and support Man City if we end up in L1 then goodbye.
                          Yes. One thing I feel certain about is we won't be picking up a points deduction this season. I suspect there will be a few clubs sweating on that front and we should be thankful the club is being sensible and not reckless - it could end up being the difference between going down and surviving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yes. One thing I feel certain about is we won't be picking up a points deduction this season. I suspect there will be a few clubs sweating on that front and we should be thankful the club is being sensible and not reckless - it could end up being the difference between going down and surviving.
                            Yeah, great point.

Points deductions for other clubs could make the difference. But I still think we'll have a committed squad and will stay up on merit. We'll be bottom half and there'll be anxious moments. I'd settle for 20th place right now and anything more than that will be over achieving.

I think a lot of clubs are going to have reduced income from lower attendances due to the cost of living crisis. If we're not thinking about that we bloody well should be. Doing £100 on a Qpr day out could be a luxury some just wont be able to justify if theres a bigger mortgage or rent payment to make.

Comment

• Regan poole has signed for pompey! There's our right back target gone !

Comment

• Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
                                Regan poole has signed for pompey! There's our right back target gone !
                                Im sure we could have put together a better financial package than L1 Pompey.

Surely it will now be Kakay and Drewe at RB with our limited budget going on other positions that have a bigger priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X