Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    We are skint and unless we sell two or more of Field, Willock and Chair I suspect we will have little to no transfer funds. In the meantime we are desperately short in some areas and have to hope GA can use his lower league knowledge to pick up some players for peanuts to plug holes. That lower league knowledge is an advantage of having someone like Ainsworth. He knows what attributes he is looking for.
    What makes you think if we sell two of those players we will spend any of the money we receive? We have sold Dickie and Dieng for 3 million and haven't spent a penny of it. Our owners aren't interested in spending money , they are just trying to recoup they're losses. There is absolutely no point in selling your better players unless you are going to re - invest it.

Comment

• I have no idea if any money would be reinvested. £3m is nothing so not expecting anything back from that. FFP means we have to work within a very tight budget and are losing money hand over fist. Even if the owners wanted to splash out on transfers they can't. However if we got say £10m+ in from other sales I would hope a proportion of that would go towards transfer fees, even if only say £2m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

I think the majority were happy with last summers recruitment at the time? It's easy with hindsight!
        Yeah, on the whole I think youre right. I only had real concerns over one of the four signings.

Accepted on JCS as he made 29 apoearances with Cov the season before so there was no evidence that hed be so fragile with us.

Accepted on Paal who was a regular in the Dutch league.

I was on the fence Taylor Richards as he did nothing during his six months loan with Birmingham during that second half of the season before due to injury. Although he did have a full season with Donny in L1 the season before.

I didnt like the Tyler Robers signing as my Leeds mate had concerns about him. He was living off their promotion season and flattered to deceive. He has the talent but never quite lived up to the hype. My mate wasnt convinced he'd be a regular for us and might eventually slip into L1.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Luton recruited a lot of their players from L1 and that didnt exactly end up bad did they?
          like who ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

- Dickie from L1
            -Amos with one appearance with Spurs, three Southend and 16 for Stevenage
            -Willock from Benfica B
            - Chair mainly Stevenage
            - Les from Hayes
            - Etc

We're not bad at polishing the odd turd...!
            We still can’t be talking about Les 25 years later
            chair is mid Championship player at best
            we only have Willock because of his attitude if his attitude is like his brother he would be in the premiership too like his brother
            Amos is league 1 at best
            Dickie was good for one season in a back 3 as no good in a back 2 .
            only my opinions don’t bite me

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              I have no idea if any money would be reinvested. £3m is nothing so not expecting anything back from that. FFP means we have to work within a very tight budget and are losing money hand over fist. Even if the owners wanted to splash out on transfers they can't. However if we got say £10m+ in from other sales I would hope a proportion of that would go towards transfer fees, even if only say £2m.
              I agree and below are some comments from a recent GA interview:

"However, he has stressed to supporters that they must be patient as the club goes through an unsettling and transitional period"

"This club’s issues aren’t going to be fixed overnight – supporters need to understand there are some tough times ahead"

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/no...-his-qpr-move/

Comment

• Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano
                ·
                2h
                Understand Asmir Begović will undergo medical tests this week as new QPR player.Deal set to be completed, as revealed two days ago.

Comment

I agree and below are some comments from a recent GA interview:

"However, he has stressed to supporters that they must be patient as the club goes through an unsettling and transitional period"

"This club’s issues aren’t going to be fixed overnight – supporters need to understand there are some tough times ahead"

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/no...-his-qpr-move/
                  I appreciate there is and we all know there is a long road till we are back on the right road .. but his the manager of a championship football club and the aim should always be promotion to the premiership in my opinion
                  I don’t want my manager to be laughing going his scared of the league this season soon as the fixtures were out .. and now saying be patient and there is tough times ahead , some fans may like the honesty but my opinion is he knows the squad is weak he knows we got nothing and knows we are heading down it almost feels like his admitted defeat already .
                  I want a manager to roll his sleeves up and say we going to give this a good go etc not say the things he said ..
                  I seriously hope I get proved wrong and I will eat ship load of humble pie but we will be dead and buried after 25 games of his in charge still . But I will be supporting him and the boys on for 90mins as normal

I feel it’s easy excuses for him and fans are buying it unfortunately

Comment

Yeah, on the whole I think youre right. I only had real concerns over one of the four signings.

Accepted on JCS as he made 29 apoearances with Cov the season before so there was no evidence that hed be so fragile with us.

Accepted on Paal who was a regular in the Dutch league.

I was on the fence Taylor Richards as he did nothing during his six months loan with Birmingham during that second half of the season before due to injury. Although he did have a full season with Donny in L1 the season before.

I didnt like the Tyler Robers signing as my Leeds mate had concerns about him. He was living off their promotion season and flattered to deceive. He has the talent but never quite lived up to the hype. My mate wasnt convinced he'd be a regular for us and might eventually slip into L1.
                    Balogun was met with approval due to the need for an experienced centre half.

Laird and Tim both come highly rated and brought about an excitement within the fan base. Obviously it didn't go to plan.

The difference in the quality of incoming players between last season and this, is hugely worrying. Doesn't mean it won't work out well but the calibre of player we're linked with is massively concerning.

Comment

• I’ve never heard a manager talk about FFP in so many of his interviews, from now on I won’t bother listening to him as it’s all hot air. Would feel the club would be in safer hands if him and Dobson swapped roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Balogun was met with approval due to the need for an experienced centre half.

Laird and Tim both come highly rated and brought about an excitement within the fan base. Obviously it didn't go to plan.

The difference in the quality of incoming players between last season and this, is hugely worrying. Doesn't mean it won't work out well but the calibre of player we're linked with is massively concerning.
                        Yes, different class.

But it doesnt appear to be driven by GA's selection, but the budget. If we were going to buy lower premiership and upper championship players we wouldnt have selected GA as the manager. The owners have done their money and GA is here to motivate the squad and recruit what he perceives to be the best from L1/2 and those he trusts.

The Board are dictating this strategy and clearly Les decided he didnt want to he associated with it and left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

I appreciate there is and we all know there is a long road till we are back on the right road .. but his the manager of a championship football club and the aim should always be promotion to the premiership in my opinion
                          I don’t want my manager to be laughing going his scared of the league this season soon as the fixtures were out .. and now saying be patient and there is tough times ahead , some fans may like the honesty but my opinion is he knows the squad is weak he knows we got nothing and knows we are heading down it almost feels like his admitted defeat already .
                          I want a manager to roll his sleeves up and say we going to give this a good go etc not say the things he said ..
                          I seriously hope I get proved wrong and I will eat ship load of humble pie but we will be dead and buried after 25 games of his in charge still . But I will be supporting him and the boys on for 90mins as normal

He is being honest and providing reasons for the calibre of players being looked at.

But I agree, although he is a positive person, I would prefer it if he bigged up these players emphasing thsir hidden qualities and said we're going to give the league a right good go and if Luron and Millwall can do it why cant we.

I was suprised to read that him saying there are rough times ahead, its very unlike GA to be negative like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Well put. Ainsworth bangs on about being “positive”, but the truth is he is very negative a lot of his communications.

Example; Telling the players we are “underdogs”, means in other words you are telling the players they are second best before they even set foot on the pitch. A lesson in how NOT to inspire and create followers. I for one would certainly not receive that well.

another example; in his first 6 games he said “I thought we were underdogs in all games so far including bottom of the table Wigan”. Just wow. We were poor, but not 24th rock bottom of table, worst side in the league poor. That’s just punching the club whilst it’s down. Remember who we played, brum, Blackpool, Rham, Wigan….!! Ok to say that at Wycombe, absolutely NOT ok to say that at QPR.

in another case, he continuously states how “the club have no identity”. That’s disrespectful to those who went before him, especially Warburton who over 3 years did in fact create an identity. Remember he only left 1 year before GA. We are not talking years ago.

And there have been many many more alarming, disingenuous, negative, second best, defeatist comments made almost every week.

Comment

He is being honest and providing reasons for the calibre of players being looked at.

But I agree, although he is a positive person, I would prefer it if he bigged up these players emphasing thsir hidden qualities and said we're going to give the league a right good go and if Luron and Millwall can do it why cant we.

I was suprised to read that him saying there are rough times ahead, it’s very unlike GA to be negative like that.
                              The thing he is a master at getting fans to buy what he wants them to buy. He says he is mr positive so the fans repeat it.

But is he really positive?! Apart from instructing players to “never give up, and leave it all out on the pitch” I’m not seeing any evidence. Fist pumps and work hard messages on repeat are not evidence of positivity.

in fact it’s the opposite, he’s extremely negative and regularly runs the club down, and makes excuses. He’s scared of the championship because it’s really tough. Christ alive. It was an incredible achievement we survived he said. This was the same man who overtook us when in mid table and 8 points clear and said we can still go for the play offs!

it’s little wonder to me that the players didn’t respond to him last season. And that’s before we even start talking about style of play. It’s his style of management that is the big elephant in the room. It’s a real problem and isn’t going to change.

as you say, if he were TRULY positive, he’d been geeing the boys up, saying we are going to give it a right good go, this division is so open, and over the years we have seen anyone get into that top 6, even with smaller budgets. There is no reason why we can’t do that, and that’s what we will be trying our hardest to do.

Comment

• We as fans all have different views which don’t make our views right or wrong it’s what makes these forms good . I can watch a game the same as someone else and have a completely different opinion of the game that’s what makes football great .
                                one thing for sure is we will all get behind the team and Ainsworth

COME ON YOU SUPER HOOOOOOOPS

Comment

Working...
                                X