No announcement yet.

Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might also argue that if we do not raise serious revenue from player sales we are in deep ####. Moreover, to postpone sale until a player has just a year left on his contract is not very clever. Sing up Field for another couple of years or sell now if Field does not want to extend. Easy decision.

Look at what happened to Manning and BOS when we postponed sales until close to the end of the contract period. It should never be allowed to happen again for prizy assets.

Comment

• What I cannot understand is that some fans are furious when we sell good players for peanuts because we postpone sales until the end of the contract period, but do not agree with sales when we can sell at a players point of peak value. It does not make sense to me.

The only way QPR can suceed is to buy cheap, develop, sell for top dollars and reinvest. Rinse and repeat. £5m for Field will be a good deal and part of it shall be used for new smart aquisition ala Field anno 2021.

There is still two months to go to strengthen.

Comment

• I am ok if Field goes for £5 million so long as we make a similarly good couple of signings to him for 750k each, but that is something we are rarely good at, we are more likely to get a Bonne, Washington, Amos, Cousins, who we sign for good money and let go for free. We get about 1 in 10 signings right over the last 8 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
          FFS! Hang on a minute! Our ‘first team squad’ resembles a bloody five a side squad at the moment! Having now released Johansen, we literally ONLY have Field and Dozzell who can play that position! And I’m sorry to say I’d rather Dozzell was nowhere near selection if I’m honest! IF we let (arguably our best player the past2 seasons) go, we will seriously be in DEEP sh!t…if we aren’t already!!!
          Taylor Richards, Dixon-Bonner, Pedder. Time for them to setup.

I think Gareth will sign an experienced, solid, reliable centre midfielder on free transfer.

Comment

• Boro & Hull put in bids for Dieng

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ar-seny-dieng/

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Had too many bad games last season for gk imo sell and move on last year of contract time for Walsh or archer to step up

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Had too many bad games last season for gk imo sell and move on last year of contract time for Walsh or archer to step up
                He had a few bad games last year true - but he also kept us in a hell of a lot more!

I think he is so laid back and casual that it works against him - especially with his dropping the ball but a brilliant shot stopper and better than anything else we have got.

I understand selling our better players and them upgrading themselves - but to sell to the likes of Hull city!

lets hope its clickbait

Comment

• If he wants away then hopefully he'll go to Boro as we're more likely to get a promotion bonus out of them. It would be great to get £2.5m up front. Plently of keepers around and I thought Archer was decent in the game he got injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

He had a few bad games last year true - but he also kept us in a hell of a lot more!

I think he is so laid back and casual that it works against him - especially with his dropping the ball but a brilliant shot stopper and better than anything else we have got.

I understand selling our better players and them upgrading themselves - but to sell to the likes of Hull city!

lets hope its clickbait
                    Pete O'Rourke is usually quite reliable, so I'd guess there's something in it.

I like Seny. Yes, he has his moments but he's miles better than Archer. Be very disappointed to see him go to Hull, he's better than that!

Out of contract next summer, probably won't sign a new deal, although we thought that about Dykes. The club would have been in discussions with Seny and I guess it's whether he'll sign a new deal or not.

If not, how much do we get? £1m-£2m I guess.

If he's not willing to sign a new contract within the next month then get him gone. The same applies to others who are out of contract next summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Pete O'Rourke is usually quite reliable, so I'd guess there's something in it.

I like Seny. Yes, he has his moments but he's miles better than Archer. Be very disappointed to see him go to Hull, he's better than that!

Out of contract next summer, probably won't sign a new deal, although we thought that about Dykes. The club would have been in discussions with Seny and I guess it's whether he'll sign a new deal or not.

If not, how much do we get? £1m-£2m I guess.

If he's not willing to sign a new contract within the next month then get him gone. The same applies to others who are out of contract next summer.
                      i think given how much of a challenge it is to find a gk, i think we could probably get up to 2mil for him.

reinvest that into getting a new gk imo, like Archer but probably need a younger keeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

lets hope its clickbait
                        I agree he's better than what we've got as back up, but if he's in last year with no intention of stopping on needs to go for for whoever pays the most as for Hull fk me really who want to move there

On his day he's great on his day he's a liability but he replaced calamity lumley and and walsh not seen him play hence someone has to srep up

Comment

• Bang average keeper.
                          Nothing special and way too many poor parts to his game.
                          Absolutely no great loss.

71 goals conceded FFS.

Comment

• Maddison has gone to Spurs for £40m so I wonder whether Leicester will now bid for Chair. Will he still be with us come Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              Maddison has gone to Spurs for £40m so I wonder whether Leicester will now bid for Chair. Will he still be with us come Monday?
                              They bought Winks from spurs so hopefully not

Comment

• Wasn't Seny injured last year? I remember something about him not being able to take kicks?

If so, did that affect his form, and if so is that permanent or just temporary last season?

As for it being a "challenge" to get a keeper, if we let Seny go, won't we have that same challenge? Or do we already have a good replacement?

On the other hand, if he wants to move, let's cash in in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X