Transfer Rumours Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herts hoops View Post

Why? He's a typical lad that's come through a big club's academy thinking he's better than what he is, IF he put the work and effort in id say yes but unfortunately he sees him self better than us, no doubt he's got talent but he doesn't see he's future here. He's living in he's brother's shadow and thinks that he should be Premier league without hard work it's not going to happen sad to say.
    Agreed......but if he wants to stay longer than his current contract I have assumed he will apply himself to us.

Personally, I cant see him wanting to stay with us for the reasons youve given. But nobody seems to be falling over themselves to sign him. Perhaps that will give a reality check and he can refocus with us.

If we can get £10m out of an Eze transfer then I'd rather keep a firing Willock for the next three seasons than see him go for £2m.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Agreed......but if he wants to stay longer than his current contract I have assumed he will apply himself to us.

Personally, I cant see him wanting to stay with us for the reasons youve given. But nobody seems to be falling over themselves to sign him. Perhaps that will give a reality check and he can refocus with us.

If we can get £10m out of an Eze transfer then I'd rather keep a firing Willock for the next three seasons than see him go for £2m.
      This is why I've said it before, rather than sulking, start banging in the performance's we know he can do & other clubs will start taking notice.

Comment

For us to get £10 Million out of Eze's sell on clause, he'd have to go for around £70 Million wouldn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

For us to get £10 Million out of Eze's sell on clause, he'd have to go for around £70 Million wouldn't he?
          Thinks a 20% sell on clause do that would be £14 mill

Comment

We get 20% of the sale price (not the profit over our £16m sale price)

£40m = £8m to us
            £5om = £10m to us

We have our old DoF to thank for that clause...not that Sir Les will get any thanks.

This might of course be a very good reason why Palace may refuse to sell him and let his contract run down. For what they are left with, he might secure their PL status and earn them more money. They've lost two big hitters this window already....can they cope with Eze leaving?

Comment

We get 20% of the sale price (not the profit over our £16m sale price)

£40m = £8m to us
              £5om = £10m to us

We have our old DoF to thank for that clause...not that Sir Les will get any thanks.

This might of course be a very good reason why Palace may refuse to sell him and let his contract run down. For what they are left with, he might secure their PL status and earn them more money. They've lost two big hitters this window already....can they cope with Eze leaving?
              20% of sale price?.....That is good, I assumed 20% of profit. Like you say Palace might see that as reason not to sell at all.

Comment

20% of sale price?.....That is good, I assumed 20% of profit. Like you say Palace might see that as reason not to sell at all.
                Yes, 20% of sale was confirmed in a previous thread. Confirmation was an external source not a poster here - perhaps WLS, but cant remember now.

Comment

• I notice Luke Amos is still without a club. I'd be happy to give him a 6/12 month deal to tide him over if he's got no takers - give him a chance to kick-start his career and we get a bit of strength in depth from a player who won't take long to slip into the swing of things at LR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    I notice Luke Amos is still without a club. I'd be happy to give him a 6/12 month deal to tide him over if he's got no takers - give him a chance to kick-start his career and we get a bit of strength in depth from a player who won't take long to slip into the swing of things at LR.
                    agree - maybe a pay as you play .

Comment

• Amos a better player than Dozzell imo has the ability to score not many admittedly but AD offers sod all going forwards

Pay as you play

I can see us flogging field at least to raise funds

Comment

I notice Luke Amos is still without a club. I'd be happy to give him a 6/12 month deal to tide him over if he's got no takers - give him a chance to kick-start his career and we get a bit of strength in depth from a player who won't take long to slip into the swing of things at LR.
                        Sadly, injuries hit him hard.

He has to drop down leagues, where his ability will compensate for fitness in games.

Charlie Owens is playing for Boreham Wood in National League. He had tough times with injuries. Fair play to him finding a club. Amos has same issue with fitness.

Comment

• Something worth keeping in mind for a player like Amos is that the transfer window deadline of September 1st doesn't apply...... Clubs can sign unattached players anytime, the window doesn't apply.

I'm a bit fuzzy about how the separate issue of 25-man EFL squad list would apply to any free agents we acquired after Sep 1. I dunno if you're allowed to amend that squad - my feeling is you can't, but, if you only submitted a 24-man squad you can add a player to the squad maybe?

Comment

• why are we looking at another left back? i thought we had plenty of cover in that position. is it not right back where we are short?

oh and a striker of course but that's always been the same!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              why are we looking at another left back? i thought we had plenty of cover in that position. is it not right back where we are short?

oh and a striker of course but that's always been the same!
                              That ex Brighton LB is a free agent but only 19yrs. If we sign him he'll go into the development squad. He could be called into the first team squad....but highly unlikely.

Comment

Something worth keeping in mind for a player like Amos is that the transfer window deadline of September 1st doesn't apply...... Clubs can sign unattached players anytime, the window doesn't apply.

I'm a bit fuzzy about how the separate issue of 25-man EFL squad list would apply to any free agents we acquired after Sep 1. I dunno if you're allowed to amend that squad - my feeling is you can't, but, if you only submitted a 24-man squad you can add a player to the squad maybe?
                                You can add a free agent if you have not named a full 25 man squad. U23 players do not count. You cannot drop a player from the submitted squad to mane way for another.
                                There is no such thing as a Pay as you Play contract. You can have a lower basic with a higher appearance clause but this will still cost thousands.

Comment

Working...
                                X