The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Could it be Crystal Palace he wants to join? If that is the case, we should let him og for 10 plus Gayle.
    What's Gayle worth?

Comment

• all this will he go or not must be affecting our in bound signings surely
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Can see this being a deadline day bargain buy for someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
          I can't see no such demands from CA, The Telegraph must be getting so desperate.
          tbh that was my intial thought....He obviously wants to play Premiership fotball but he's also made it clear that if he's hete next season so be it, as he's happy and settled here. But suppose on the flip side he did make those coments right at the beggining of the transfer window before any big clubs showed any interest. Now he's had time to think/dream his desire to play at the top level might be a lot bigger (and to be fair who would blame him)

my personal view on the Austin situation is he's under contract, gets paid a lot of money to do a job and bottom line is he's 'our player!! Now he's young, homegrown, had an internatioal call up (could be the start of many), proven goal scorer, if in a half decent side with decent dellivery every week he would score for fun imo. £15m is an absolute minimun fee we should be looking for.......and sorry Charlie but at this stage its not up to you. (not that I belive whats been reported as Ive learnt to take 'all' reports with a pinch of salt)
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Oh well done Charlie a real Rangers man only thinks of the club

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              tbh that was my intial thought....He obviously wants to play Premiership fotball but he's also made it clear that if he's hete next season so be it, as he's happy and settled here. But suppose on the flip side he did make those coments right at the beggining of the transfer window before any big clubs showed any interest. Now he's had time to think/dream his desire to play at the top level might be a lot bigger (and to be fair who would blame him)

my personal view on the Austin situation is he's under contract, gets paid a lot of money to do a job and bottom line is he's 'our player!! Now he's young, homegrown, had an internatioal call up (could be the start of many), proven goal scorer, if in a half decent side with decent dellivery every week he would score for fun imo. £15m is an absolute minimun fee we should be looking for.......and sorry Charlie but at this stage its not up to you. (not that I belive whats been reported as Ive learnt to take 'all' reports with a pinch of salt)
              I've seem plenty of players take the mick out of our club past few years not wanting to go on loan or part way, why should we cave in when it's the other way round?

He may have changed his mind but no way I think he made those demands, he know's he's worth more than 10m.

Comment

• Not a single quote from charlie, saying that he wants his price reduced. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...al-buyers.html

Only saggy chops is quoted.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Telegraph say Chaz wants his price tag reduced...
                  Yet another nothing story.

As said earlier:

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  There isnt any direct quotes from Charlie so am sceptical
                  Exactly. No quotes, so probably made up BS from a lazy editor just looking for something to help fill a page.

Comment

• Don't you worry he is behind it with his agent ! the lower the fee the bigger signing on fee he'll get and and the better slice the agent gets

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Don't you worry he is behind it with his agent ! the lower the fee the bigger signing on fee he'll get and and the better slice the agent gets

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        What's Gayle worth?
                        More than 4mill, maybe 7 or 8 even. Murray is a more realistic "target" perhaps.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• I'd rather keep him and risk losing him for nothing rather that accept a low bid. Any replacement worth his salt will cost £5m at best and is unlikely to be as good. Austin is the best striker at QPR since Sir Les and the most natural scorer since Clive Allen in the 80s.

Agree totally would rather him see out his contract than let him walk away on the cheap, when you think whats been paid for some strikers, i.e. Soldado £20M+ Sturridge, Ings,Remy,McCormack at Fulham £12, Charlie should not be allowed to leave for less than £15M, but knowing our boards track record they will capitulate again and accept far less than he's worth,

Comment

• You can be one million per cent certain every single human at the club wants to keep him and let him leave for free mate, cos this board doesnt care about fifteen million in any way, if it means twenty goals and promotion...... its purely that he doesnt want to stay, and you cant keep a player if he doesnt want to be at a club anymore unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              You can be one million per cent certain every single human at the club wants to keep him and let him leave for free mate, cos this board doesnt care about fifteen million in any way, if it means twenty goals and promotion...... its purely that he doesnt want to stay, and you cant keep a player if he doesnt want to be at a club anymore unfortunately.
                              Doesn't mean he should be let go on the cheap, he needs to get his agent to get a move on, other wise an aution will take place late in the transfer window and well be left with no cover as per the Remy situation,we should tell him if no one meets our valuation buy say start of the season he stays until January, then we'll have to swallow what we can et then, if he want to go it's in his best interest to get it sorted an not Fu(K us about?

Comment

• If nobody wants to pay fifteen million he will go for less, its really that clear cut im afraid dave,

Comment

Working...
                                X