Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    ok I have only been going since 1962 mostly as a s/t holder,i have seen teams that you could only dream about and that is why I get so
    disappointed when we play such negative football.

If we looked like we might improve and play some decent entertaining and attacking football for longer than ten minutes each game

I would be delighted but I don't see that at all.

Whether we get promoted or not does not matter to me but what I do demand is entertaining football.

We have the players to do that but the mentality seems to be very negative
    Pretty much as I see it I have seen all 4 home games and against what I deem to be average sides and apart from the odd 15 mins we have looked dour and devoid of ideas and most importantly conceded 2 goals in each game most of which have been avoidable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
      ok I have only been going since 1962 mostly as a s/t holder,i have seen teams that you could only dream about and that is why I get so

If we looked like we might improve and play some decent entertaining and attacking football for longer than ten minutes each game

Whether we get promoted or not does not matter to me but what I do demand is entertaining football.

We score goals, end of. We've done it all season playing this sort of football. We can continue to do it and improve on it. You cannot for one second be serious about saying you don't care if we get promoted because that would suggest you are happy losing. If we score, we generally will do better than losing. Playing attractive football doesn't happen over a full 90 minutes, especially at this level. We do bursts of entertainment and we get goals. So I don't get how you can say we play negative football.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        We score goals, end of. We've done it all season playing this sort of football. We can continue to do it and improve on it. You cannot for one second be serious about saying you don't care if we get promoted because that would suggest you are happy losing. If we score, we generally will do better than losing. Playing attractive football doesn't happen over a full 90 minutes, especially at this level. We do bursts of entertainment and we get goals. So I don't get how you can say we play negative football.
        We concede goals as well end of.Over the years we have been known to play good attractive and entertaining
        football.You make the assumption that I am happy losing wrong,i don't like the Premier league with all its hype.

As I said I have seen teams you could only dream about,they managed to attractive football not for 90 minutes
        but a lot longer than the odd 10 mins.Negative football well its hardly positive is it.

My turn to make the assumption now......I can only assume you are easily satisfied

Comment

We concede goals as well end of.Over the years we have been known to play good attractive and entertaining
          football.You make the assumption that I am happy losing wrong,i don't like the Premier league with all its hype.

As I said I have seen teams you could only dream about,they managed to attractive football not for 90 minutes
          but a lot longer than the odd 10 mins.Negative football well its hardly positive is it.

My turn to make the assumption now......I can only assume you are easily satisfied
          Good post bill, I certainly agree about the cesspit of greed that the Premiersh!t has become. The other thing that makes me laugh is the people who think entertaining football and winning are mutually exclusive. You can play entertaining football and win! And that is most certainly what I want from our team.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            Good post bill, I certainly agree about the cesspit of greed that the Premiersh!t has become. The other thing that makes me laugh is the people who think entertaining football and winning are mutually exclusive. You can play entertaining football and win! And that is most certainly what I want from our team.
            Of course they aren't mutually exclusive, but as a fan of the club, I'd rather see us win than necessarily play beautiful football. Also, people saying lets play beautiful football and then asking to play 2 up front, that is rather mutually exclusive. You are asking for a target man to knock it down to charlie, I don't see how that is beautiful football. Playing with 3 creative players in the form of Phillips, Chery and Fer/Luongo, that can be entertaining football.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I
              Originally posted by Bill View Post

Comment

Of course they aren't mutually exclusive, but as a fan of the club, I'd rather see us win than necessarily play beautiful football. Also, people saying lets play beautiful football and then asking to play 2 up front, that is rather mutually exclusive. You are asking for a target man to knock it down to charlie, I don't see how that is beautiful football. Playing with 3 creative players in the form of Phillips, Chery and Fer/Luongo, that can be entertaining football.
                Please don't tell me you seriously think that playing 2 up front requires a lump to knock it down to Charlie.

Good heavens above.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Please don't tell me you seriously think that playing 2 up front requires a lump to knock it down to Charlie.

Good heavens above.
                  No of course it doesn't but that is what everyone seems to be suggesting we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    But who?
                    Big Sam worth a go Pearson is another one I'm sure people on this site will come up with other names beside those 2, can't get worse than CR at least they know what it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      Big Sam worth a go Pearson is another one I'm sure people on this site will come up with other names beside those 2, can't get worse than CR at least they know what it takes.
                      CR's job is to bring stability to QPR. With the help of Les they've built a fairly decent side with a blend of youth and experience, all of whom seem to like CR. This season is for consolidation..but if we go up great. If not we go again next year with a stable squad. You seem to want short term success, big sam would just buy the likes of Nolan..yeah we might go up but we'll have another rebuilding job on our hands! Back Ramsey and think long term mate.
                      Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 18-09-2015, 03:14 AM.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

nasser, why do you have so much trouble understanding what I say?! I think it is fairly simple. I said we can play entertaining football AND win. (In other words, you don't have to choose between the two.) You immediately quote me and come back with "I'd RATHER see us win than necessarily play beautiful football". Fair enough. I'm saying YOU CAN DO BOTH!!! I hope you got that this time!

If you read my post again you will see I did not ask for two up front. The formation really doesn't matter so long as the end result is enjoyable football, which normally means taking the initiative and trying to attack and score goals - with ANY formation that allows you to do it!

That said, how on earth can you say that you can't play entertaining football with two up front?! That is RIDICULOUS!

Last edited by dsqpr; 18-09-2015, 05:21 AM.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                          So many raising there not entertained going QPR so that rules big Sam out straight away

This season so far has been boring a complete snooze wolves away aside. I just want a manager who can get us organised and make us competitive don't care if it's Ramsey or someone else not expecting the work just the basics done correctly and I ask no more as if we're organised quality of the squad will do the rest
                          Last edited by West Acton; 18-09-2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• I dont think Ferdinand will admit it was wrong to give Ramsey full 1st team control but should see the need to bring in a more seasoned deputy to work along side Ramsey that way he wont lose face by the inevitable sacking Ramsey

Comment

You don't get that kind of experience from stats & computer games Nasser!

Comment

• I've kept quiet long enough.

Ramsey has to go. QPR have conceded 2 or more in almost every single game he has been in charge.

Hull, Arsenal, Spurs, Palace, Everton, Aston Villa, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester, Charlton, Cardiff, Wolves, Rotherham, Carlisle, Forest, Blackburn. He isn't a manager and judging from the defence not even that good a coach.

He is 53 years old and what are his achievements in football? How has he warranted the chance to manage this team, let alone be given a 3 year contract?

QPR made the same type of mistake with Stewart Houston in 96/97.

He had the following players at his disposal and still failed to even get into the play-offs:
                                Somner, Maddix, McDonald, Brevett, Barker, Peacock, Impey, Sinclair, Dichio and Spencer.

QPR should not make the same mistake with this man in charge.

As someone has posted, it's going up this season or QPR will lose Austin, Fer, Phillips, Sandro amongst some others and the road back up could be another long one like before.

Comment

Working...
                                X