Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, I think we were the top London club for about 5 seasons in a row a while back.

Nothing at all to stop it happening again. Because when I started following Rangers in the very early seventies, that would have been totally unthinkable. As would nearly becoming champions of England. As would playing in Europe. As would one of our players being the top highest English goalscorer ever in Europe and his record standing for over 25 years.

Nothing is out of the question if people are prepared to work hard, put in the required effort and believe in themselves. Who would have thought Burnley would only have lost 3 games by now?

Blimey, I thought I could be negative.
    cheers mate, nice for another fan with ambition to back me up

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      my posts are embaressing?? your stuck in the 70s mate with a total arrogance and ambition towards the future of qpr.. you ignore my points and focus on yours.
      luckily for you, you'll probs be long gone before we get top 6 in 20 years time.. so don't worry you wont have to see it..

Bet you were well ****ed off when they changed the seats and relayed the pitch weren't ya? You'd much rather a good mud bath.. like the good old days!!
      What are you talking about I wasn't even born in the 70's !!!!

Whereas before you could win the league with a few million ala Blackburn nowadays you need 100's of millions to even get in the top 6 , how much has it cost Man city again to go from midtable to top 4 ?

The fact you seem to think because we have a rich owner we will be regular top 6 team is laughable but what you have failed to notice is more or less every club in the top division has a rich owner nowadays
      We Are The People.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post

Whereas before you could win the league with a few million ala Blackburn nowadays you need 100's of millions to even get in the top 6 , how much has it cost Man city again to go from midtable to top 4 ?

The fact you seem to think because we have a rich owner we will be regular top 6 team is laughable but what you have failed to notice is more or less every club in the top division has a rich owner nowadays
        Using that theory, Burnley would be mid table at the very best.

If you think you are beaten, you are
        If you think you dare not, you don't,
        If you like to win, but you think you can't
        It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost
        For out of the world we find,
        Success begins with a fellow's will
        It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are
        You've got to think high to rise,
        You've got to be sure of yourself before
        You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
        To the stronger or faster man,
        But soon or late the man who wins
        Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!

Comment

100's of millions to get into the top 6??... Where are Everton now sorry? 5th aren't they.. on a shoestring budget.. and if you listen to Fernandes he admires Everton and would like to build a club like Everton..

A rich owner does not mean we will be regular top 6 but it helps.. the only thing laughable is your lack of ambition in the club you love.
          For now QPR is not about winning trophies. Someday I hope it is a club that challenges for them.. Do you know how much money Mittal has?
          16.4 billion. Abramovic has 14.1 billion... Fernandes is worth 600 million..
          For our shareholders to plough as much or their OWN money as we have into wages, signals they have more money available to lose than most clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            100's of millions to get into the top 6??... Where are Everton now sorry? 5th aren't they.. on a shoestring budget.. and if you listen to Fernandes he admires Everton and would like to build a club like Everton..

A rich owner does not mean we will be regular top 6 but it helps.. the only thing laughable is your lack of ambition in the club you love.
            For now QPR is not about winning trophies. Someday I hope it is a club that challenges for them.. Do you know how much money Mittal has?
            16.4 billion. Abramovic has 14.1 billion... Fernandes is worth 600 million..
            For our shareholders to plough as much or their OWN money as we have into wages, signals they have more money available to lose than most clubs.
            Comparing us to Everton now, laughable ! you do know Everton have always been an establish top flight cluband are one of the biggest clubs in England ?

The board wont be able to keep ploughing money into the club as the losses we're making are not sustainable Or do you really think TF and co will continue to plough million or billions to get us up to a regular top 6 club ?
            We Are The People.....

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Using that theory, Burnley would be mid table at the very best.

If you think you are beaten, you are
              If you think you dare not, you don't,
              If you like to win, but you think you can't
              It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost
              For out of the world we find,
              Success begins with a fellow's will
              It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are
              You've got to think high to rise,
              You've got to be sure of yourself before
              You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
              To the stronger or faster man,
              But soon or late the man who wins
              Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!
              A one off season is a bit different to being a regular top 6 club like you and the other fella think we can be !
              We Are The People.....

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rangersw12;1237856]That's the biggest fear for me full of absolute divs who haven't a clue about our history or what QPR is all about[/QUOTE]

which is what?

Comment

• If money doesn't buy success explain Chelsea, Man City , PSG....

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    If money doesn't buy success explain Chelsea, Man City , PSG....
                    It doesn't guarantee success......
                    We Are The People.....

Comment

Comparing us to Everton now, laughable ! you do know Everton have always been an establish top flight cluband are one of the biggest clubs in England ?

The board wont be able to keep ploughing money into the club as the losses we're making are not sustainable Or do you really think TF and co will continue to plough million or billions to get us up to a regular top 6 club ?
                      You do know Everton were minutes from relegation in the 90s, and have had some very mediocre seasons?

Comment

It doesn't guarantee success......
                        No fair point...we are proof of that

Comment

you are mentally draining me out now.. your arrogance about it all is killing me.. you clearly do not read exactly what I say..

Im not comparing us to Everton right NOW this very day. please READ IT AGAIN.

I do believe they will keep putting money but just not as extreme as they did last season when they were trying to keep us up..
                          they haven't ploughed half as much in this season already. They are now doing it a different way.. The green light of the training ground is continual proof that the board will keep INVESTING, to give us the best chance of becoming a top club in England EVENTUALLY

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            You do know Everton were minutes from relegation in the 90s, and have had some very mediocre seasons?
                            Yes beat Wimbledon in the last min if I remember

Doesn't change they are one of the biggest clubs in England though
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

A one off season is a bit different to being a regular top 6 club like you and the other fella think we can be !
                              Do you think we could be an occasional top 6 club then?....Like say Everton, Newcastle...

Comment

Yes beat Wimbledon in the last min if I remember

Doesn't change they are one of the biggest clubs in England though
                                Yeah that's it...still think that goal was dodgy.
                                Yep they are one of the biggest agree with that too. But they are only one bad season from relegation just like the other 14 clubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X