Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
    Why are earth do you think he is here ? ? ?

If not to make money, it certainly ain't for the benefit of his health !

He is desperate to get us into the promised land for all the 'free' advertising in the far east for his other ventures ............

If we don't get there PDQ or there is problems getting planning permission for his entertainment venue , you can be sure we'll get put on a written warning just like Caterham !

He isn't here to watch QPR away @ Doncaster or Blackburn on a Tuesday night for the next 15 years , but you can be 100% certain the fans will still be putting up with it IF he does do one !
    You can say that about any foreign owner nowadays but at the end of the day he is putting his own money into the club, he loves the club already and is brilliant for us in my opinion.. Who else would you rather? You want him to leave? cos it sounds like you do..

Its not the 70's/80's anymore, football IS a business whether you like it or not.. your a harsh man with the words you have used and believe for no good reason.

I REALLY REALLY hope fans like you eat humble pie and he has the last laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
      We very rarely sell out now so if people want to come they can
      Yes, but in years to come, what people?
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        Perhaps not top 6 yet, but look at Southampton as an example of gradual progress.

Look at Stoke, Swansea, WBA and Fulham as other recent examples.

Where were Chelsea and Man City before their wealthy benefactors arrived?...Both spent years languishing in lower divisions for certain periods.

And what's so crazy about the notion of a club seeking to grow it's fanbase?

Look how Brighton have gone from 4000 crowds to 27,000 when they moved. That's just one example. Other Prem clubs have also achieved growth in their support the longer they maintain their top-flight status.

When does a tourist fan become a regular fan if they start turning up to every match and begin to get the bug?...

All these questions and plenty more besides...
        Good post, and we should also factor in the massive investment in the training ground and academy that will hopefully produce some good players.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Why are earth do you think he is here ? ? ?

If not to make money, it certainly ain't for the benefit of his health !

He is desperate to get us into the promised land for all the 'free' advertising in the far east for his other ventures ............

If we don't get there PDQ or there is problems getting planning permission for his entertainment venue , you can be sure we'll get put on a written warning just like Caterham !

He isn't here to watch QPR away @ Doncaster or Blackburn on a Tuesday night for the next 15 years , but you can be 100% certain the fans will still be putting up with it IF he does do one !
          Of course he's only here for the money. He's not a Rangers fan, he's got no emotional tie with the club, he didn't support them as a kid growing up, he wasn't bought up round here. BUT he is a businessman, who love's his business (qpr) and will do all it takes to make it a success. His reputation is on the line here, he's not going to walk away, if he does he would have failed and he knows full well that if he fails he would not only of waisted a $hit load of money but he knows that everyone will know that he failed!!!

For Rangers to move forward and get out of this pony league we have to trust the man who's in charge. And I tell you what there's a lot worse out there too trust.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            You can say that about any foreign owner nowadays but at
            the end of the day he is putting his own money into the club, he loves the club already and is brilliant for us in my opinion.. Who else would you rather? You want him to leave? cos it sounds like you do..

Its not the 70's/80's anymore, football IS a business whether you like it or not.. your a harsh man with the words you have used and believe for no good reason.

I REALLY REALLY hope fans like you eat humble pie and he has the last laugh
            Fans like me ? ? ?

I have no problem with Uncle T owning us, I do not wish him to leave ........... WHAT I do wish for is people to question / analyse his motives as we all should do with ALL people in authority !

Don't just join in with the happy-clappers dancing in the street following the float while TF & the clubs 'PAID' PR team throw you soundbites & silly little behind the scenes YOUTUBE videos for you to get excited about ..........

BUT all is ok in the happy-clappy gang because Uncle T 'loves us already' tell you what he'll want to marry us 'IF' we do get back to the promised land & his boat is all over the TV again !
            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Fans like me ? ? ?

I have no problem with Uncle T owning us, I do not wish him to leave ........... WHAT I do wish for is people to question / analyse his motives as we all should do with ALL people in authority !

Don't just join in with the happy-clappers dancing in the street following the float while TF & the clubs 'PAID' PR team throw you soundbites & silly little behind the scenes YOUTUBE videos for you to get excited about ..........

BUT all is ok in the happy-clappy gang because Uncle T 'loves us already' tell you what he'll want to marry us 'IF' we do get back to the promised land & his boat is all over the TV again !
              that's just a ridiculous post.. I look forward to you and others eating humble pie.. Read Nicks post fella.. Says it all.

If the only problem you have is wanting answers for how he has done things, then I hope you get those answers but I very much doubt you understand running a football club or business at the level he does as his profession. I can question things as a fan but I wont question him on a business level as I am just a fan and have no idea how to run a football club.. I will just trust him

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Yes, but in years to come, what people?
                If you're talking where are we going to get future fans then I would say where have for the 100 years , family ties , from the area , friends who support the club etc
                We Are The People.....

Comment

No wonder people call this place fantasy island....
                  So, just so I have this right...what you're saying is it will never, ever happen, ever? Not in 10 years, not 15 years, not 50 years, not 100 years time?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Why can I only see the first page of this thread?????

Comment

I think we should walk before we can run and not try and set massive expectations , we are not even in the Premier League and people are saying we can be top 6

Our ambitions should be being a well run club , who try and play decent football

It doesn't really matter what division we're in for me
                      This bit makes it clear that you aren't getting the point at all.
                      The point is, we COULD be a top 6 club IN TIME!! IN THE FUTURE! Not next season, the season after or even in 5-10 seasons time. But 20? 30? It's ridiculous to just dismiss the idea that in 30 odd years time we could be a top 6 prem club. We might not be, who knows? But to dismiss it as rubbish is, in itself, rubbish.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        This bit makes it clear that you aren't getting the point at all.
                        The point is, we COULD be a top 6 club IN TIME!! IN THE FUTURE! Not next season, the season after or even in 5-10 seasons time. But 20? 30? It's ridiculous to just dismiss the idea that in 30 odd years time we could be a top 6 prem club. We might not be, who knows? But to dismiss it as rubbish is, in itself, rubbish.
                        That was referring to the person who said in 4/5 years time

No I don't think we ever will be a REGULAR top 6 side but if you and others think that can happen then fair play
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

You have completely missed my point altogether ............

In your other life away from Rangers do you blindly follow what Politicians, Teachers & the Clergy force feed you or do you have your own mind and question other peoples motives for doing/telling you things ? ? ?

The simple truth is there are around 30 teams who believe they have a birthright to be in the promised land, just because Uncle T wants it doesn't mean it will happen.

Is there another teachers strike day or are you on study leave ?

Calm down & cut down on the Red Bull honey !
                          Mate, the bit in bold is a fair and valid point, but I think Rrrr's point is that it is ridiculous to dismiss the idea totally based on where we are as a club now. Of course we wont be up there just yet, thats silly, but in 20-30 odd years? why not? And also, I think it's good that we have a chairman that wants it. Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition and something to strive for. 5-6 years ago we wouldnt have been dreaming of talking about stuff like this. In 5-6 years time we could be in a new stadium. Times change.
                          Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 27-03-2014, 03:46 PM.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

No I don't think we ever will be a REGULAR top 6 side but if you and others think that can happen then fair play
                            Fair enough, pal. I agree with West London Is Rrrr's on this one. You're right, in 4/5 years i dont think anyone can see us in the top six of the prem, its gonna take years and years of building to get anywhere near that level. But personally I think we have the right infrastructure in place, the right business and marketing brains to meet our long term objectives, and the funding to eventually get there. Will it happen in my lifetime? I'm not sure, if it does though, I reckon I'll be a rather old man.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              So, just so I have this right...what you're saying is it will never, ever happen, ever? Not in 10 years, not 15 years, not 50 years, not 100 years time?
                              Ginge, I think what lies more at the root of this whole issue is that some people just don't like change. They don't want the club to grow out of fear that it will change into something unrecognisable to what they've been brought up on. I think that is a perfectly valid and understandable concern. But it's not to say that growth and expansion are negative things per se, it's just that for some people the proof is in the pudding and until they see it with their own eyes they will always remain sceptical. Then there's another set of fans who simply wish us forever to stay "QPR - $hit but local", also for the same reasons.

Comment

Ever??? That's crazy!!:im not going to try to convince you because we're all entitled to our own opinion, and that's yours...... but HOLY $HIT!!!!!!!!!
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X