Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    that aviator suits you. personal insults aside.

scott jones or whoever the c unt calls himslef obviously hates "uncle tony"!

i on the other hand, dont give a fark about tony, like i stated in my previous post.
    now, just because i dont have my head stuck up uncle tonys ar se, does that warrent being compared to some pr ick on twitter?

its my opinion and my view. the only thing laughable is your cheap dig.
    the comparison was purely the way you ranted, no dig intended, p!ss take maybe, but thats as far as it goes.

Comment

• Doran was a legend. Characters like him liven up messageboards. He is sadly missed by many.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Doran was a legend. Characters like him liven up messageboards. He is sadly missed by many.
        By many? Really? Like one misses herpes?
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          By many? Really? Like one misses herpes?
          He got booted off one of the Facebook fan pages recently for upsetting everyone..

Comment

• Doran is the kind of guy that makes things happen and makes people sit up and take notice. Also inspires a lot of envy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Agree a v interesting debate that has got completely out of hand. People thinking scott will be loving this couldn't be so wrong. He is a hardcore QPR fan that has followed the club through thick and thin and I for one don't agree with his opinion but he really doesn't deserve the abuse. I think anyone that has lost a woman that they adore should understand his erratic behaviour and unfortunately this has all got a little out of hand.
              Deluded defending the Deluded. Now THATS....FANTASY ISLAND folks.

Comment

• When I make my first billion I'm going to ask a load of WATRBs posters to walk off a cliff for me. Just for a laugh, to see if they'd do it.

I'd say I'll build a big bouncy castle at the bottom. I'd ask them to trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, I think we were the top London club for about 5 seasons in a row a while back.

Nothing at all to stop it happening again. Because when I started following Rangers in the very early seventies, that would have been totally unthinkable. As would nearly becoming champions of England. As would playing in Europe. As would one of our players being the top highest English goalscorer ever in Europe and his record standing for over 25 years.

Nothing is out of the question if people are prepared to work hard, put in the required effort and believe in themselves. Who would have thought Burnley would only have lost 3 games by now?

Blimey, I thought I could be negative.
                  Yeah and in the same era Jack Walker bought Blackburn the title for under £20m. That doesn't even get you a first choice striker at a top club these days.

The sums involved are huge. We're in a global marketplace for players and fans now. More money means more investment means more success means more money.. Can you really see Blackburn (or any other club with >30k studium) winning the league again any time soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    What are you talking about I wasn't even born in the 70's !!!!

Whereas before you could win the league with a few million ala Blackburn nowadays you need 100's of millions to even get in the top 6 , how much has it cost Man city again to go from midtable to top 4 ?

The fact you seem to think because we have a rich owner we will be regular top 6 team is laughable but what you have failed to notice is more or less every club in the top division has a rich owner nowadays
                    ok I see someone beat me to it with more or less the same post.

virtually every team in the top 1.5 divisions now has a mega wealthy owner. and the very top clubs are owned by billionaires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                      When I make my first billion I'm going to ask a load of WATRBs posters to walk off a cliff for me. Just for a laugh, to see if they'd do it.

I'd say I'll build a big bouncy castle at the bottom. I'd ask them to trust me.
                      Strange comparison that, as we'd have a choice...

No matter how we feel TF and co are in control. To certain point we don't have a choice but to trust. Well there is of course certain elements that make it slightly easier.... He's a very successful businessman, big plans for the future- new stadium, state of the art training facilities, 5 year Nike deal.... all point in the direction that he's here for the long haul.

Apart from a big bouncy castle why should we trust you?.... in other words he's showed a lot of reasons to trust him.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                        Not sure what you do for a living, or even if you have left school, BUT in the Construction Industry we do ongoing risk assessments all the time ............

So if you was on a scaffold you wouldn't be worried who erected it & if they were qualified to work on it ?

Or would you just blindly walk about on it till you found a 'trap' and dropped 3 floors onto your head ?

Nothing wrong with being in the 'what if' gang of four !
                        Yep, of all the stupid arguments the 12 year olds on here are coming out with the "Stop saying 'WHAT IF' all the time, it's pointless, let's just go with the flow" one could be the most daft.

Me: Hey, WATRBs poster, jump in my car, I'm going for a drive along the edge of a cliff

WATRBsP: But what if you drive off the cliff?

Me: STOP ASKING WHAT IF AND START TRUSTING ME

WATRBsP: You are a successful man with an excellent track record in business. I shall do as you say.

Comment

• I think the board has got a lot of the strategy right. An academy and training ground, and a multi-purpose stadium which will attract sponsorship and additional revenue streams. The academy will hopefully attract lots of talented youngsters which will feed through to the first team.

Where it's gone wrong is the most important place, on the pitch, despite some serious investment in the squad. For that, the blame lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the football management and playing staff.

The new stadium will be sponsored by Air Asia and with other activities there, should pay for itself over time.

Time is what a few people are unwilling to give. With proper planning, within five years or so we'll have an infrastructure we can be proud of. It's about time our club had top-class facilities both for players and fans.

And don't get me started on the 'how will we fill a 40k stadium' question. It's been done to death
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Strange comparison that, as we'd have a choice...

No matter how we feel TF and co are in control. To certain point we don't have a choice but to trust. Well there is of course certain elements that make it slightly easier.... He's a very successful businessman, big plans for the future- new stadium, state of the art training facilities, 5 year Nike deal.... all point in the direction that he's here for the long haul.

Apart from a big bouncy castle why should we trust you?.... in other words he's showed a lot of reasons to trust him.
                            Why does running a successful airline make someone a trustworthy football club owner? Two completely different things.

Every rich and successful businessman who has left a club in the shyt had big plans for the future. Often, that's what got the club in trouble. You think the owners of Portsmouth, Leeds, Parma, Valencia, etc etc etc turned up and said "we're going to spunk away the money asap"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                              Why does running a successful airline make someone a trustworthy football club owner? Two completely different things.

Every rich and successful businessman who has left a club in the shyt had big plans for the future. Often, that's what got the club in trouble. You think the owners of Portsmouth, Leeds, Parma, Valencia, etc etc etc turned up and said "we're going to spunk away the money asap"?
                              Being a successful businessman who has his own airline shows he's not only got a hell of a lot of money but shows he's good with it. My other examples show he's here for the long haul.

There is also 1 huge difference between us and Portsmouth, Leeds, Parma, Valencia... and that is we're not them!!!
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                                You are absolutely correct, I have no idea about running a football club, BUT I am a self employed Joiner/Builder who also buys & sells property on a regular basis so I fully understand how to run a business.

What we are worried about is how far we are being stretched financially, and it is all based on the guaranteed riches of the promised land. Of course he they are rich enough to swallow it for a while, but we have all seen teams go into administration after stretching to far, Leeds spring to mind they are on the verge of going belly up again.

As for Uncle T's plan it is brilliant, I'm seriously jealous.
                                Buy a London Premiership team ( aquire worldwide advertising for your company ) , Build new multi purpose arena right near to Heathrow - tie in new rail links then use your own airline to fly in punters to stay in one of your own hotels .......... Genius pure FLECKING genius !

Good luck to the fella, but for Flecks sake don't for one minute think he has 'already fallen in love with QPR'

If we don't get back to the promised land or can't get his new music venue approved, we'll be dropped like a hot rock !
                                someone gets it!

Comment

Working...
                                X