Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
    As stated before who knows what tomorrow brings, if we get caught in another financial crash ( warnings all over the news today about the housing bubble ) it kicks off with the Ruskies, TF has one of his planes go missing and confidence in his business disappears ( happened to Freddie Laker) etc etc etc

There might even be protected newts living on the proposed development site .......
    Who knows what the future holds Eh ?
    Exactly. Who knows what the future holds. So couldn't what you say equally apply to the businesses of Abramovich, Werner, Mansour, Kroenke, the Glazers etc? There's risks with everything in life. QPR is owned by the Mittal family as well as TF and his consortium.

Comment

You are absolutely correct, I have no idea about running a football club, BUT I am a self employed Joiner/Builder who also buys & sells property on a regular basis so I fully understand how to run a business.

What we are worried about is how far we are being stretched financially, and it is all based on the guaranteed riches of the promised land. Of course he they are rich enough to swallow it for a while, but we have all seen teams go into administration after stretching to far, Leeds spring to mind they are on the verge of going belly up again.

As for Uncle T's plan it is brilliant, I'm seriously jealous.
      Buy a London Premiership team ( aquire worldwide advertising for your company ) , Build new multi purpose arena right near to Heathrow - tie in new rail links then use your own airline to fly in punters to stay in one of your own hotels .......... Genius pure FLECKING genius !

Good luck to the fella, but for Flecks sake don't for one minute think he has 'already fallen in love with QPR'

If we don't get back to the promised land or can't get his new music venue approved, we'll be dropped like a hot rock !

I for one am looking forward to it!! the future, the challenge the new stadium, being at the centre of a successful business plan under a great businessman.
      Its the modern way.. its modern football! And I believe he will do it, looking at his background and what he has built from nothing.

Cant wait!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
        Well that's told me.

Or maybe I just don't suffer fools
        well it takes one to no one eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Exactly. Who knows what the future holds. So couldn't what you say equally apply to the businesses of Abramovich, Werner, Mansour, Kroenke, the Glazers etc? There's risks with everything in life. QPR is owned by the Mittal family as well as TF and his consortium.

Tell you what Stan, you can scrub the Glazers off that list !

Like I've said lets all hope Uncle T does pull it off ........... Otherwise we'll end up like up the swannie
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Tell you what Stan, you can scrub the Glazers off that list !

Like I've said lets all hope Uncle T does pull it off ........... Otherwise we'll end up like up the swannie
            Up the swannie eh Hoopz? TF has always maintained everything the owners have invested in the club are in the form of interest-free loans. If say Uncle T ultimately fails to pull it all off do you think he would to all intents and purposes kill the club off by stripping its assets and calling in his loans? Or would he just sell it on to the next billionaire who comes along to buy him and his debt out?

I guess none of us really know the answers to these questions, but perhaps this is what the biggest fear really is....

Comment

• It's like the old days when some were telling the rest of us that Gianni Paladini was only here to sell our ground, I must of missed it?
              Stand and Deliver!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                A decent post

I think the problem is we will never be able to hang onto our decent players as the big clubs will always come in for them , look at Everton for example every year they lose a player to the top 4 and will more than likely lose another on in Barkley in the summer
                Yeah i realise it will be difficult but Everton can't fight off the top 4/5 maybe, but we lost players to Newcastle, West Ham (although we were in div 1 with Sinclair), and Sheff Wed.
                It'd be nice to only have to fight off the top 5 and take players off other prem clubs if we wanted.
                I do want our club to survive though ...bottom line. I trust Tony and even more Amit, so i'm willing to back them to give us the infrastructure and the ambition to go with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Yeah i realise it will be difficult but Everton can't fight off the top 4/5 maybe, but we lost players to Newcastle, West Ham (although we were in div 1 with Sinclair), and Sheff Wed.
                  It'd be nice to only have to fight off the top 5 and take players off other prem clubs if we wanted.
                  I do want our club to survive though ...bottom line. I trust Tony and even more Amit, so i'm willing to back them to give us the infrastructure and the ambition to go with it.
                  Well said, can't ask for much more.

Comment

• Very interesting back and forth here, that begs the question: "What is the best and proper role for an owner, ANY owner". From a fan perspective, it's to personally share in the team's fortunes, good or bad. TF scores an "A" there in my book. From a business standpoint, it's both financially backing a strong roster of players AND making the books sound. On the former, another "A" -- he's pretty much given Harry & Company all they've asked for. Regarding that latter, the "grade" is incomplete, given a short-termer would attack the team's load of debt, and a long-termer would applaud the commitment to build a new stadium, improve the fan experience at that stadium, and be in it for the long haul. We should all thank our lucky stars TF has scored so well on the "Rangers Report Card", and feel confident that as it took more than a few years to build a hugely successful biz, TF needs the same to build a consistently winning contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                      Very interesting back and forth here, that begs the question: "What is the best and proper role for an owner, ANY owner". From a fan perspective, it's to personally share in the team's fortunes, good or bad. TF scores an "A" there in my book. From a business standpoint, it's both financially backing a strong roster of players AND making the books sound. On the former, another "A" -- he's pretty much given Harry & Company all they've asked for. Regarding that latter, the "grade" is incomplete, given a short-termer would attack the team's load of debt, and a long-termer would applaud the commitment to build a new stadium, improve the fan experience at that stadium, and be in it for the long haul. We should all thank our lucky stars TF has scored so well on the "Rangers Report Card", and feel confident that as it took more than a few years to build a hugely successful biz, TF needs the same to build a consistently winning contender.
                      Agree a v interesting debate that has got completely out of hand. People thinking scott will be loving this couldn't be so wrong. He is a hardcore QPR fan that has followed the club through thick and thin and I for one don't agree with his opinion but he really doesn't deserve the abuse. I think anyone that has lost a woman that they adore should understand his erratic behaviour and unfortunately this has all got a little out of hand.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Agree a v interesting debate that has got completely out of hand. People thinking scott will be loving this couldn't be so wrong. He is a hardcore QPR fan that has followed the club through thick and thin and I for one don't agree with his opinion but he really doesn't deserve the abuse. I think anyone that has lost a woman that they adore should understand his erratic behaviour and unfortunately this has all got a little out of hand.
                        I'm sure I remember him saying something about that they'd bought a house together, he'd put in quite a large sum, but later she was wanting commitment, kids and/or marriage, and it wasn't for him at the time and he walked away, not wanting his money back either.

Comment

• Blokes an attention *****. Hasn't a clue what he's on about. Amount of **** he's posted over the years about his fantasy life story. Fella needed to go and see someone to sort his nut out. And a sports psychologist. Legs seemed to go to jelly whenever he stepped up for a penalty.

Comment

• Remember Doran on the messageboards back in the day. Another numpty

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              He ain't a hardcore QPR fan he was one of paladinis tag alongs, and just like fat drummer boy hasn't been seen down loftus road since paladini and the free tickets left town.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Remember Doran on the messageboards back in the day. Another numpty
                                Who could forget him he still gets loads of people biting on Facebook and Twitter
                                We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                                X