Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Yeah seems so mate...Just don't see the point in worrying over something that hasn't happened. Worrying over it won't help, or make it go away will it
    The thing is we had fans trying to brainwash us with all the other chairman's we've had in the past, we still have a ground and a club which the new owners have ambitions for.

New training ground as well as talks of a new home, enjoy it but it's to much to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
      I know mate and no matter what you say....

Big Phil Scolari's let himself go ain't he!!

Comment

Yeah seems so mate...Just don't see the point in worrying over something that hasn't happened. Worrying over it won't help, or make it go away will it
        But if your worried ,your worried and where better to share your QPR worries than here ?
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Big Phil Scolari's let himself go ain't he!!
          Never mind Big Phil, thats our own NWhoopz !

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
            And its also very clear who the one's are that can't put up a decent argument without being a patronising tw4t.

The fact is pal the whole situation is out of our hands, whether you do or don't trust is irrelevant.

So what's your ideal realistic situation?..... A mega rich, Shepherds Bush born, life long qpr fan as our owner...
            That's not true at all. Fans do have some (limited) power in these situations. If we just sit back and accept our 126 year old club is just another part of a business plan to plug an airline and build a mega-multi-complex then, yes, we won't be very effective.

I'm not calling for mass demonstrations here or anything - I don't think it's come to that. Just think our fans could look at TF and his leadership a bit more critically (not the same thing as negatively...)

Comment

Was the debt and loans which bankrupted those clubs interest-free and funded by their owners (not banks), as is the case with QPR? And did they have a short, medium and long-term strategy for new academy, training-ground, stadium etc?
              I'm sure they were, initially. Portsmouth, for instance, went bust as a former owner did demand his ££ back, along with the banks. And I bet Pompey forums spent 2006 having this same debate we are now.

And if our owners do decide to stop throwing money at us, suddenly we will owe money to banks. Our wage bill alone is far more than our revenue.

Anyone can have a "short, medium and long-term strategy". What does that even mean? This is why I say people are too gullible. Where is the long-term strategy in appointing HR and signing a load more 30-somethings in the past year? Where is the actual progress on the training ground? I don't doubt they have plans, but that really doesn't make up for the huge errors in other areas.

And, again, it's not like any owner would ever not say they have a long-term plan in place.

Comment

He is ain't he...patronising....
                What annoys me with all the Tony bashing is they haven't got any proof of wrong doing.None

Stanley's post just above is what i think sums this up. Stanley has offered an argument against why this could maybe not happen, ok it's from the owners
                own mouths but we can't just disbelieve everything we are told.....well some obviously can
                TF took over a club in the PL, threw more money at us than all bar a few clubs in the entire country, and two years later we're in the Championship, not looking like we're going back up this year, with massive debts an ageing squad with barely any resale value and a massive and unsustainable wage bill.

I dunno what that is but it's not doing something right. What proof were you looking for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                  That's not true at all. Fans do have some (limited) power in these situations. If we just sit back and accept our 126 year old club is just another part of a business plan to plug an airline and build a mega-multi-complex then, yes, we won't be very effective.

I'm not calling for mass demonstrations here or anything - I don't think it's come to that. Just think our fans could look at TF and his leadership a bit more critically (not the same thing as negatively...)

Agreed

Comment

Do you really believe QPR was bought to plug an airline? I certainly don't. Two totally unrelated industries and the commercial mix doesn't make sense.

As for doing anything about it, you're advocating fans 'look' more critically rather actually doing something. You're happy to complain endlessly on the internet about the owners intentions, but you're not willing to get up off your aris and oppose the plans.

If you don't like it, why don't you do something about it?
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I'm sure they were, initially. Portsmouth, for instance, went bust as a former owner did demand his ££ back, along with the banks. And I bet Pompey forums spent 2006 having this same debate we are now.

And if our owners do decide to stop throwing money at us, suddenly we will owe money to banks. Our wage bill alone is far more than our revenue.

Anyone can have a "short, medium and long-term strategy". What does that even mean? This is why I say people are too gullible. Where is the long-term strategy in appointing HR and signing a load more 30-somethings in the past year? Where is the actual progress on the training ground? I don't doubt they have plans, but that really doesn't make up for the huge errors in other areas.

And, again, it's not like any owner would ever not say they have a long-term plan in place.
                      Who are these banks we owe money to? As far as I know we've taken a loan against the new stadium which could be paid back if it doesn't go ahead. The rest of the money is cash injections by the share holders not the banks. I suggest you're scaremongering.

As for HR, have you considered the possibility he might just be a short term strategy rather than long term?
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I know mate and no matter what you say....

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        Bang on the money there Vesp's !

But as you well know ALL my 'FU*K-ME' shoes are Scarlet Red !

Catch ya the morrow !
                        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          But if your worried ,your worried and where better to share your QPR worries than here ?
                          Yeah you're right thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            Nooooo can't be......He ain't got matching stilletos and thongs!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                              Bang on the money there Vesp's !

But as you well know ALL my 'FU*K-ME' shoes are Scarlet Red !

Catch ya the morrow !
                              Sweet ,sweetie ,i`m on the plot about 1 / 1.30

Comment

Nooooo can't be......He ain't got matching stilletos and thongs!!!
                                Do you know that from experience Dave ,cos he`s all matching for me

Comment

Working...
                                X