Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Fair play this is a forum and its all about opinions. IMO if we're anywhere near the championship in 5-10 years time ill be massively disappointed.
    I think we should walk before we can run and not try and set massive expectations , we are not even in the Premier League and people are saying we can be top 6

Our ambitions should be being a well run club , who try and play decent football

It doesn't really matter what division we're in for me
    We Are The People.....

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I can say what I want fella when d1ickheads on here get personal.. that is a minor personal comment to some of the numptys posts on here.
      I and the majority of people that disagree with you have not got personal with you in the slightest ( and now your calling people d ickheads ! )
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
        I and the majority of people that disagree with you have not got personal with you in the slightest
        majority? haha

Comment

Southampton have done really well because of those young English lads all coming through at the same time ,which is great to see , but the exception rather than the rule.
          Your using Stoke ,Swansea and WBA as examples ? Examples of what Stan ? No one has said if we continue to keep spending vast amounts of money and eventually end up whoring ourselves out and playing in the 40,000 Air Asia ,Frankie and Bennys stadium sponsored by Ikea , that we couldn`t reach the dizzy heights of mid table Premier league utopia ,that some of us crave so much.
          Chelsea and Man City are both big clubs with massive support compared to us ,so not really a valid comparison.
          Brighton have onlygone from 4000 odd fans because they were stuck in the Withdean ,when Brighton were at the Goldstone in the 70s and 80s they used to pull in very healthy crowds , they have always been a fair sized club with a massive catchment area . Not like us who , have much bigger clubs in London on our doorstep.
          As for the loyalty of tourist fans ,we will see when fulham go down ,how many of their tourist fans ,stick with the club in the lower leagues ( especially if they dont bounce straight up ) . Somehow i think not many will ,and fulham will be back where they started with just their hardcore going .

Answers ,Stanley ( just IMO obviously )
          100 % agree
          We Are The People.....

Comment

I can say what I want fella when d1ickheads on here get personal.. that is a minor personal comment to some of the numptys posts on here.
            Toys firmly out the pram now eh
            We Are The People.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
              I think we should walk before we can run and not try and set massive expectations , we are not even in the Premier League and people are saying we can be top 6

Our ambitions should be being a well run club , who try and play decent football

your missing the point.. whether it be 10 years or 50 years or more.. the ambition has to be to be a top 6 team.. none of us are saying it will happen in the next year

Comment

your missing the point.. whether it be 10 years or 50 years or more.. the ambition has to be to be a top 6 team.. none of us are saying it will happen in the next year
                I'm all for ambition just think it should realistic
                We Are The People.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post

I understand what you're saying but how long does it really take to get a team playing good, high level football?.... as soon as we get quality players playing for us in the right areas it'll all come together. When we do finally get promoted I think player's will want to come to us. We're a club with fantastic ambition and have an owner who wants nothing more than success with this club and will no way settle for this dog $hit championship football.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• whats not realistic about it?.. im failing to see why in 20-30-50 years time we cannot be a top 6 team.

We have money, we have a plan, we have drive, we have investment, we will have a new training ground for a base, a new ground.
                    Ok so people question the fanbase and I agree 40k may be too much to fill but who knows.. QPR start getting higher up the table and the kids at school may start to buy qpr shirts rather than Chelsea shirts.. and it goes from there..

Bottom line, every top club has had to start from somewhere and in the distant future I think we can be a top 6 club. Its not impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      I understand what you're saying but how long does it really take to get a team playing good, high level football?.... as soon as we get quality players playing for us in the right areas it'll all come together. When we do finally get promoted I think player's will want to come to us. We're a club with fantastic ambition and have an owner who wants nothing more than success with this club and will no way settle for this dog $hit championship football.
                      Southampton are a perfect example and Swansea of how it is possible in 10 years even!.. Southampton are probs another £30/40mill away on players from getting closer to 6th place with their manager at the helm

Comment

Dont start Dave
                        ..Concentrate on your driving!!

Comment

Southampton have done really well because of those young English lads all coming through at the same time ,which is great to see , but the exception rather than the rule.
                          Your using Stoke ,Swansea and WBA as examples ? Examples of what Stan ? No one has said if we continue to keep spending vast amounts of money and eventually end up whoring ourselves out and playing in the 40,000 Air Asia ,Frankie and Bennys stadium sponsored by Ikea , that we couldn`t reach the dizzy heights of mid table Premier league utopia ,that some of us crave so much.
                          Chelsea and Man City are both big clubs with massive support compared to us ,so not really a valid comparison.
                          Brighton have onlygone from 4000 odd fans because they were stuck in the Withdean ,when Brighton were at the Goldstone in the 70s and 80s they used to pull in very healthy crowds , they have always been a fair sized club with a massive catchment area . Not like us who , have much bigger clubs in London on our doorstep.
                          As for the loyalty of tourist fans ,we will see when fulham go down ,how many of their tourist fans ,stick with the club in the lower leagues ( especially if they dont bounce straight up ) . Somehow i think not many will ,and fulham will be back where they started with just their hardcore going .

Answers ,Stanley ( just IMO obviously )
                          This "exception rather than the rule" saying appears to be quite common-place amongst the doubters and nay-sayers Vespa. Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of realism but it really comes down to which camp you fall into: The camp who wants the club to grow in size (which would inevitably mean having to increase its fanbase); or the camp who wants the club to stay as we are now.

As for the catchment area issue, that's a debate we've all had for a while now. OOC would potentially have a very healthy one stretching out throughout W & N/W London. It's just potential though and would need a lot of work tapping into and marketing, as has been stressed. Yes we have other London clubs close by but London also has many millions more inhabitants than say the Brighton or Southampton models. But again, this is all debate that's been going on here ever since the stadium announcement was made, which in the end became a stalemate between which of the two above camps people fell into.

Comment

• If we can do (dare I say it) a stoke, and become an established premiership side. But do what they never managed to do and move up the table. Doing this by bringing in quality player's, changing the style of football, move forward with the times... like City done.

At this present time we are a small club, with a small ground that's right next to a big estate (don't get me wrong I love LR!!!!!). We all know where TF wants to take this club and what he wants it to become. If we can get a new ground, get a top of the range training facilities we will attract the big name's that could potentially make this club massive.

I'm sorry but with this owner on board I can't see why this wont happen 1 day!!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• ive disagreed with you on a few points in the past Nickyyy boy but im with you 100% on this view.

Just think a few fans are scared of losing the club they grew up with in the 70's and 80's

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                                This "exception rather than the rule" saying appears to be quite common-place amongst the doubters and nay-sayers Vespa. Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of realism but it really comes down to which camp you fall into: The camp who wants the club to grow in size (which would inevitably mean having to increase its fanbase); or the camp who wants the club to stay as we are now.

As for the catchment area issue, that's a debate we've all had for a while now. OOC would potentially have a very healthy one stretching out throughout W & N/W London. It's just potential though and would need a lot of work tapping into and marketing, as has been stressed. Yes we have other London clubs close by but London also has many millions more inhabitants than say the Brighton or Southampton models. But again, this is all debate that's been going on here ever since the stadium announcement was made, which in the end became a stalemate between which of the two above camps people fell into.
                                Fair comment Stanley
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X