Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully QPR’s owners don’t care about the club - Scott Jones = no free tickets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    Ginge, I think what lies more at the root of this whole issue is that some people just don't like change. They don't want the club to grow out of fear that it will change into something unrecognisable to what they've been brought up on. I think that is a perfectly valid and understandable concern. But it's not to say that growth and expansion are negative things per se, it's just that for some people the proof is in the pudding and until they see it with their own eyes they will always remain sceptical. Then there's another set of fans who simply wish us to stay "QPR - $hit but local" forever, also for the same reasons.
    I didn't see it that way Stan, and to be honest it makes a lot of sense. Change is daunting, sure, but it will happen whether people like it or not. Personally, I would love for us to eventually be up there with the best teams in England, battling in the top half of the Premier League, pushing for Europe, finally doing well in cup competitions. And as I said above, I think with the infrastructure we have its a real eventual possibility.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      that's just a ridiculous post.. I look forward to you and
      others eating humble pie.. Read Nicks post fella.. Says it all.

If the only problem you have is wanting answers for how he has done things, then I hope you get those answers but I very much doubt you understand running a football club or business at the level he does as his profession. I can question things as a fan but I wont question him on a business level as I am just a fan and have no idea how to run a football club.. I will just trust him

You are absolutely correct, I have no idea about running a football club, BUT I am a self employed Joiner/Builder who also buys & sells property on a regular basis so I fully understand how to run a business.

What we are worried about is how far we are being stretched financially, and it is all based on the guaranteed riches of the promised land. Of course he they are rich enough to swallow it for a while, but we have all seen teams go into administration after stretching to far, Leeds spring to mind they are on the verge of going belly up again.

As for Uncle T's plan it is brilliant, I'm seriously jealous.
      Buy a London Premiership team ( aquire worldwide advertising for your company ) , Build new multi purpose arena right near to Heathrow - tie in new rail links then use your own airline to fly in punters to stay in one of your own hotels .......... Genius pure FLECKING genius !

Good luck to the fella, but for Flecks sake don't for one minute think he has 'already fallen in love with QPR'

If we don't get back to the promised land or can't get his new music venue approved, we'll be dropped like a hot rock !

"Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        I didn't see it that way Stan, and to be honest it makes a lot of sense. Change is daunting, sure, but it will happen whether people like it or not. Personally, I would love for us to eventually be up there with the best teams in England, battling in the top half of the Premier League, pushing for Europe, finally doing well in cup competitions. And as I said above, I think with the infrastructure we have its a real eventual possibility.
        It's only because at 27 and just a whippersnapper, you haven't seen it already mate.

Absolutely no reason we can't progress to be a regular top half prem side within 3-4 years.

Just as Man City (huge club), fought their way back from division 3, gained investment and went from strength to strength.

And just as they, Wolves, Leeds, both Sheffield clubs etc., slipped down through the divisions due to poor management and lack of real desire.

And whilst we're on the point, what the bl00dy hell gave Wigan the right to be anywhere other than the bottom league? Because that is where they have spent almost their entire existence.

Thankfully, whilst people like you believe in us, there is always a chance of great things.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          It's only because at 27 and just a whippersnapper, you haven't seen it already mate.

Absolutely no reason we can't progress to be a regular top half prem side within 3-4 years.

Just as Man City (huge club), fought their way back from division 3, gained investment and went from strength to strength.

And just as they, Wolves, Leeds, both Sheffield clubs etc., slipped down through the divisions due to poor management and lack of real desire.

And whilst we're on the point, what the bl00dy hell gave Wigan the right to be anywhere other than the bottom league? Because that is where they have spent almost their entire existence.

Thankfully, whilst people like you believe in us, there is always a chance of great things.
          awesome, proper made me laugh that one.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
            What has this got to do with the ridiculous idea that we can be a regular top 6 team ?????
            The connection is that if we have been there before, at tiny Loftus Road, we can be there again. And again. And again. And again.

And if we have a 40,000 seater which we can fill because it provides a modern match day experience that the new generation of fans are becoming used to, and doesn't have thousands of restricted view seats and leg room sufficient only for a midget, then that improves our chances immensely.

We can be bigger than Everton because we are in London and they are not. Don't they only average mid-30s for attendance? We can surpass that because we are in London, where the demand for football currently greatly exceeds the supply. Simple economics.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Mate, the bit in bold is a fair and valid point, but I think Rrrr's point is that it is
              ridiculous to dismiss the idea totally based on where we are as a club now. Of course we wont be up there just yet, thats silly, but in 20-30 odd years? why not? And also, I think it's good that we have a chairman that wants it. Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition and something to strive for. 5-6 years ago we wouldnt have been dreaming of talking about stuff like this. In 5-6 years time we could be in a new stadium. Times change.
              Absolutely with you there Ginge, who knows what tomorrow brings ( as the song goes ) but TBF football is full of chairmen who thought they had the answer on how to conquer the secret of league success !

Not quite as easy as it appears on PLAYSTATION ..............
              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                If we don't get back to the promised land or can't get his new music venue approved, we'll be dropped like a hot rock !
                Not too much difficulty on that point, surely? Too much money to lose for Brent council in taxes by not granting it, not just as a music venue but the whole re-development project - hotels, flats, corporate hospitality, bars, restaurants etc...

Comment

You are absolutely correct, I have no idea about running a football club, BUT I am a self employed Joiner/Builder who also buys & sells property on a regular basis so I fully understand how to run a business.

What we are worried about is how far we are being stretched financially, and it is all based on the guaranteed riches of the promised land. Of course he they are rich enough to swallow it for a while, but we have all seen teams go into administration after stretching to far, Leeds spring to mind they are on the verge of going belly up again.

As for Uncle T's plan it is brilliant, I'm seriously jealous.
                  Buy a London Premiership team ( aquire worldwide advertising for your company ) , Build new multi purpose arena right near to Heathrow - tie in new rail links then use your own airline to fly in punters to stay in one of your own hotels .......... Genius pure FLECKING genius !

Good luck to the fella, but for Flecks sake don't for one minute think he has 'already fallen in love with QPR'

Small world... I am also a joiner by trade and also buy property, do them up and sell them on for a profit.. not sure what that has to do with anything anywho... It seems to me the obvious divide in opinion is those who do trust and those who don't. Of course if it all goes t1ts up and TF walks then yes we're well and truly in the $hit. But on the flip side if it doesn't go t1ts up and he stays and going by the Nike deal, the new ground, the new training facilities, the possible new badge, these are all signs of him putting his commitment forward. And IMO he will be here for the long haul to make his business a success.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Small world... I am also a joiner by trade and also buy property, do them up and sell them on for a profit.. not sure what that has to do with anything anywho... It seems to me the obvious divide in opinion is those who do trust and those who don't. Of course if it all goes t1ts up and TF walks then yes we're well and truly in the $hit. But on the flip side if it doesn't go t1ts up and he stays and going by the Nike deal, the new ground, the new training facilities, the possible new badge, these are all signs of him putting his commitment forward. And IMO he will be here for the long haul to make his business a success.
                    The comparison is you or I wouldn't buy a wreck of an ex council house for 50k over the market value of a refurbed house then completely rip it out, put in solid granite worktops & foldaway french doors etc etc etc then hope to turn a profit on it !

We would understand our markets and our area of expertise. Just because you can operate a chop saw & a router doesn't mean you can run a Pub OR Restaurant ..........

Plenty of people make a few quid then rush off thinking they can run EVERY kind of business.

Just because Uncle T can employ a few trolley dollies doesn't mean he can click his heels and his football wishes will come true IMHO

As I said before his plan is genius on paper, lets all hope he can pull it off, because the alternative is oblivion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      Not too much difficulty on that point, surely? Too much money to lose for Brent council in taxes by not granting it, not just as a music venue but the whole re-development project - hotels, flats, corporate hospitality, bars, restaurants etc...
                      As stated before who knows what tomorrow brings, if we get caught in another financial crash ( warnings all over the news today about the housing bubble ) it kicks off with the Ruskies, TF has one of his planes go missing and confidence in his business disappears ( happened to Freddie Laker) etc etc etc

There might even be protected newts living on the proposed development site .......
                      Who knows what the future holds Eh ?

Last edited by NW_Hoopz; 27-03-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

As stated before who knows what tomorrow brings, if we get caught in another financial crash ( warnings all over the news today about the housing bubble ) it kicks off with the Ruskies, TF has one of his planes go missing and confidence in his business disappears ( happened to Freddie Laker) etc etc etc

There might even be protected newts living on the proposed development site .......
                        Who knows what the future holds Eh ?

this post sums it all up ,but for too many the future is bright
                        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

The comparison is you or I wouldn't buy a wreck of an ex council house for 50k over the market value of a refurbed house then completely rip it out, put in solid granite worktops & foldaway french doors etc etc etc then hope to turn a profit on it !

We would understand our markets and our area of expertise. Just because you can operate a chop saw & a router doesn't mean you can run a Pub OR Restaurant ..........

Plenty of people make a few quid then rush off thinking they can run EVERY kind of business.

Just because Uncle T can employ a few trolley dollies doesn't mean he can click his heels and his football wishes will come true IMHO

As I said before his plan is genius on paper, lets all hope he can pull it off, because the alternative is oblivion.

Your comparison is spot on. But the difference is TFs main objective isn't to make a massive profit when he comes to sell qpr (obviously he doesn't want to lose money), but he's main aim is to use qpr as advertising for himself and of course Air Asia. And the only way he can achieve this is if he makes qpr a huge success.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Your comparison is spot on. But the difference is TFs main objective isn't
                            to make a massive profit when he comes to sell qpr (obviously he doesn't want to lose money), but he's main aim is to use qpr as advertising for himself and of course Air Asia. And the only way he can achieve this is if he makes qpr a huge success.
                            Spot on Nick !

Welcome to the 'Gang of Four'

Do you still have all your own fingers then Nick ?

Comment

Spot on Nick !

Welcome to the 'Gang of Four'

Do you still have all your own fingers then Nick ?
                              good to be aboard.... still think TF will make Rangers a huge success and we'll be playing premiership football next season

Yep still got them, touch wood (sorry couldn't resist)
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                I would happily squabble with you on here all day Jimmy because fans like you are what gives this forum a bad name from other fans.
                                Your on about my posts.. Your posts are rude, arrogant and pure BLUNT to say the least.. I don't squabble I debate fairly with my opinions.
                                Im not rude to anyone until some numpty without a brain starts getting personal.

You wana show no ambition with your football club then be my guest.. but wake up fella, its aint the 80s anymore, its 2014 and believe it or not you may have to come round to the fact we have a plan to be come a top 6 team in the country with investment and building. Everton are a giant compared to QPR AT THE MOMENT. But even they built from somewhere as Tony has said. Read my posts properly before going off on some pointless rant just because its me you buffoon
                                Well that's told me.

Or maybe I just don't suffer fools

Comment

Working...
                                X