Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I would prefer a move to sign Keiren Westwood who is being released by Sheff Wed, if a deal could be agreed.
    I'd rather get Westwood aswell. Bringing in a 37 year old back up keeper isnt going to keep dieng on his toes. He can have a mare and still be guaranteed his place. That's not a good spot to be in. Lumley pushed senny hard for his place every week as we saw when joe had his opportunity.

Comment

• Would you rather sell Dickie and get Stef, or keep Dickie and miss out on Stef, if that was the question the club are facing.

Of course keep both, but if you had to pick.

I think Dickie would be easier to replace than Stef immediately, so for results next season Stef is the guy. But, Dickie would be better longer term in both value and/or longevity to the first 11. Future captain i think. Stef only afew years of his best left, at most and his potential has been reached.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo
        I'm opposite. I remember the hurt we suffered for a whole season trying to find a back 3/4/5 that stopped making stupid mistakes and giving goals away. Now that we have that I wouldn't break it up if it can be avoided.
        Is the right answer.

Comment

• I’m not sure if there’s any truth in the Newcastle rumour but let’s not forget Dickie was struggling until we went to a back 3 . I don’t think he would be ready to play in a back 4 in the premier league against top strikers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
            Probably bollacks, we won’t sell him unless offer is 30mil +
            +sell on

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              Would you rather sell Dickie and get Stef, or keep Dickie and miss out on Stef, if that was the question the club are facing.

Of course keep both, but if you had to pick.

I think Dickie would be easier to replace than Stef immediately, so for results next season Stef is the guy. But, Dickie would be better longer term in both value and/or longevity to the first 11. Future captain i think. Stef only afew years of his best left, at most and his potential has been reached.
              My choice would be to keep Dickie and give up Johansson signing .
              Dickie is the best centre back we have had for many years ,i would hate it if he was sold . One poster mentioned £30 million, in his dreams,we wouldnt probably sell him for around £8 million unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Dickie is the best centre back we have had for many years ,i would hate it if he was sold . One poster mentioned £30 million, in his dreams,we wouldnt probably sell him for around £8 million unfortunately.
                8mil you having a laugh, that’s for one leg

Comment

I'm opposite. I remember the hurt we suffered for a whole season trying to find a back 3/4/5 that stopped making stupid mistakes and giving goals away. Now that we have that I wouldn't break it up if it can be avoided.
                  While I agree with you and would rather keep Dickie, i've not seen a midfield this good in a QPR shirt for a long while either. Personally i think it's the combination of players and the vibe they've created rather than an individual, meaning keeping as much of the unit together is imperative.

I really hope they find a way to keep one and sign the other.

The club aren't in the best financial state but when things come together on the pitch there's got to be some risks taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

I think I'd be tempted to keep Dickie too Reb.

Comment

• https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-finalise-deal

Don't know if its just spin but West London Sport normally pretty accurate about us. Says we are looking to "finalise" Austin deal now he has been released and also that talks are underway with Fulham for Stefan, who has indicated he wants to move to us. Very positive I would say.

Comment

• Very positive stains.
                        I think Charlie will be back definitely.
                        I hope Stefan returns.
                        Chaz loves it here, as long as the club wants success he will return.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post

While I agree with you and would rather keep Dickie, i've not seen a midfield this good in a QPR shirt for a long while either. Personally i think it's the combination of players and the vibe they've created rather than an individual, meaning keeping as much of the unit together is imperative.

I really hope they find a way to keep one and sign the other.

The club aren't in the best financial state but when things come together on the pitch there's got to be some risks taken.
                          I agree that risks need to be taken if we are serious about trying to win promotion.

The fee for signing Johansen shouldn’t be too prohibitive and I think his wages would be more realistic than his current terms if we offered him a 2 or 3 year deal.

Signing the ‘four loanees’ for next season with perhaps 2 more should help QPR to carry on from where they left off last season and have a top 6 season.

Comment

1. Many thought we wouldn't cope without Smithies, then Freeman, then Eze, Wells, Hugill and the bare facts are that we have improved massively. No-one is indispensable.
                            2. Dickie could get an injury in the next game that takes him out for the season.

So, if the club gets an offer that they believe can fund replacements and trouser some profit to offset the c19 finances, let them do it.

Do I want him to go? No, of course not, but I'm not going to chuck my stuff out the pram if he goes. Not a lot we can do in any case, so no point sweating over it...

Comment

• Originally posted by davman View Post

1. Many thought we wouldn't cope without Smithies, then Freeman, then Eze, Wells, Hugill and the bare facts are that we have improved massively. No-one is indispensable.
                              2. Dickie could get an injury in the next game that takes him out for the season.

So, if the club gets an offer that they believe can fund replacements and trouser some profit to offset the c19 finances, let them do it.

Do I want him to go? No, of course not, but I'm not going to chuck my stuff out the pram if he goes. Not a lot we can do in any case, so no point sweating over it...
                              Exactly this......
                              As long as it's a huge can't turn down offer.
                              Again NewsNow quoting him as £2.25m

Comment

• True that

Comment

Working...
                                X