Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

It’s not a rumour it’s facts . Albert is on 13k a week . His our highest earner . You think his going to accept around that wage ? When he can stay at West Brom for another year on 70k ! Ok let’s say it’s not even close to the 30k coz you obviously know . And it’s say 15k etc do you really think Austin will come to us on that wage when there is loads of other clubs who will pay him big money . His not a fan of qpr his a Swindon fan . Why would he come and work for way less money than what he could get ?
    would you leave your job for way less money ? No you wouldn’t . You lot drain me Jesus Christ
    Trouble is there are not loads of clubs willing or able to pay him big money.

Comment

• Stand to be corrected but think WBA have an OPTION to extend his contract for a year, but assuming that is for the same or a similar amount to what he was on when he was a Prem League striker on Prem League money I would have thought it almost inconceivable that WBA with no gate money from last season are going to offer a 32-year-old with fitness concerns a contract extension on that sort of money. In other words, Charlie is not guaranteed anything like that kind of salary next year. Am sure he is realistic and understands at this stage in his career he is going to earn nothing like that.

Comment

• Pablo Hernandez has just been released by Leeds. Now there's a guy who ripped through the championship during 19/20 season. I know he's 36, but.........

Comment

• Stainrod I think you are correct re the option on the WBA contract .

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            I would prefer to look at as £15k a week to play and £15k a week to turn Dykes into a £20m striker. If Chaz can pull off the latter his wages will be small change.
            I like that way of looking at it too. He has certainly worked some of his magic with Dykes and turned him into a player who can not only score goals , but create them too - just needs to remember how to take a penalty again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I agree. A basic internet search shows Ayew is on £83k a week st Swansea. https://salarysport.com/football/sky.../swansea-city/

Although I thought Austin left WBA because they didnt take up the option to extend his deal? With Austin's age and the fact he has generally been a 60 minute player i think £30k a week is the going rate for a player of his experience. Even Wells is on circa £20k a week and isnt doing that much at Brizzle.

As I said above, it will be small change if he can help develop Dykes into a £20m striker and also take Bonne onto the next level. I'm sure Austin would have had a big say in keeping Bonne and not having him part of some transfer swap - if those rumours are to be believed.

Shows the Board are going to have a good go after years of cutbacks. I think it's good to be prudent but you have to make exceptions for a couple of players who make the big differences- small margins as Warb's call it - but expensive to close those small but important gaps.

As you say, I think QPR can afford to take a small gamble on 2 players like Austin & Johansen at a bigger than usual cost. because there is a very good chance of putting together a promotion challenging squad for next season.

It's not gauranteed obviously, but if it fails and they need to make up the deficit the following season, they currently have 4 players potentially worth around £10-20 million each in Chair, Dickie, Dieng & Dykes and could sell up one or two to make up for any losses. Of course, their form may suffer and fees get lower, or improve and their value goes up another 25-50%.

We will see during this summer, the extent of ambition the club has for this and following seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

It’s not a rumour it’s facts . Albert is on 13k a week . His our highest earner . You think his going to accept around that wage ? When he can stay at West Brom for another year on 70k ! Ok let’s say it’s not even close to the 30k coz you obviously know . And it’s say 15k etc do you really think Austin will come to us on that wage when there is loads of other clubs who will pay him big money . His not a fan of qpr his a Swindon fan . Why would he come and work for way less money than what he could get ?
                would you leave your job for way less money ? No you wouldn’t . You lot drain me Jesus Christ

Ha! Im not sure why I am listening or replying to this.

Firstly, yes it is a rumour. Until its done, the rumour is he is coming?? Reports say he is, but reports have also said in the past that we'll sign Jamal Lowe and Kieffer Moore and it didnt happen. Do I think it will happen, YES, but its still all paper / social media talk right now. The funny thing is, how the #### do you know how much he'll get paid? One person said £18K a week, which makes sense, thats a rumour too. So get off ya high horse 'King Austin' and get ya tongue out his Swindon #######.

If you think QPR will be paying him £30K a week, when they've been signing nothing anywhere near that for 6 years, you are mad. Any fan knows we dont have that money and there is no chance of him suddenly getting it.

Football isnt real life, you get that, its ####ing fun money mate. The older you get the less money you get, Chaz Austin is our legend but he aint a Ronaldo or Messi status.

For someone who joined 2021 and has done a handful of posts, you aint showing up too well here.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Stand to be corrected but think WBA have an OPTION to extend his contract for a year, but assuming that is for the same or a similar amount to what he was on when he was a Prem League striker on Prem League money I would have thought it almost inconceivable that WBA with no gate money from last season are going to offer a 32-year-old with fitness concerns a contract extension on that sort of money. In other words, Charlie is not guaranteed anything like that kind of salary next year. Am sure he is realistic and understands at this stage in his career he is going to earn nothing like that.
                  EXACTLY. He aint getting any younger...

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

As you say, I think QPR can afford to take a small gamble on 2 players like Austin & Johansen at a bigger than usual cost. because there is a very good chance of putting together a promotion challenging squad for next season.

It's not gauranteed obviously, but if it fails and they need to make up the deficit the following season, they currently have 4 players potentially worth around £10-20 million each in Chair, Dickie, Dieng & Dykes and could sell up one or two to make up for any losses. Of course, their form may suffer and fees get lower, or improve and their value goes up another 25-50%.

We will see during this summer, the extent of ambition the club has for this and following seasons.
                    Good point about balancing the budget the following season. I was thinking more like cashing in on one in advance, but lets keep them all together and balance after. All are on decent lengths of contracts so 22/23 would be cash in time to avoid a BOS situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Stand to be corrected but think WBA have an OPTION to extend his contract for a year, but assuming that is for the same or a similar amount to what he was on when he was a Prem League striker on Prem League money I would have thought it almost inconceivable that WBA with no gate money from last season are going to offer a 32-year-old with fitness concerns a contract extension on that sort of money. In other words, Charlie is not guaranteed anything like that kind of salary next year. Am sure he is realistic and understands at this stage in his career he is going to earn nothing like that.
                      I also believe Charlie is not a greedy man and wants to play for Rangers, as long as they show some ambition to get in the playoffs minimum.
                      Chaz just wants to enjoy his football I reckon and he does love this club's supporters, as we do him.

Comment

• Was having similar thoughts on Chair, Dickie, Dykes and Dieng. They would all genuinely benefit from another season with us. At present they would be viewed by Prem sides as cost effective gambles and I suspect would be seen as bench warmers or reserves while waiting to see if they continue to develop. With us as regular first teamers they will have another season to develop in an environment which has worked for them. If it goes well they have a better chance of being bought as potential first teamers by bigger teams and we will get much more for them. As said obvious risk is they don't develop and improve but they all look to me as having good chances of continuing to develop. We are finally a club where young players can make their way, not been that in literally decades.

Could mean a big summer next time around but with a lot of money coming in. Think Brentford ...

Also have good vibes about Willock.

Good to be an Rs fan at the moment and has been a long time coming.

Comment

• The younger brother of Eze has been released from our academy, shame was hoping we’d have another coming through the ranks .

Comment

• Uhh ohh.
                            Newcastle United reportedly interested in Dickie

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Ha! Im not sure why I am listening or replying to this.

Firstly, yes it is a rumour. Until its done, the rumour is he is coming?? Reports say he is, but reports have also said in the past that we'll sign Jamal Lowe and Kieffer Moore and it didnt happen. Do I think it will happen, YES, but its still all paper / social media talk right now. The funny thing is, how the #### do you know how much he'll get paid? One person said £18K a week, which makes sense, thats a rumour too. So get off ya high horse 'King Austin' and get ya tongue out his Swindon #######.

If you think QPR will be paying him £30K a week, when they've been signing nothing anywhere near that for 6 years, you are mad. Any fan knows we dont have that money and there is no chance of him suddenly getting it.

Football isnt real life, you get that, its ####ing fun money mate. The older you get the less money you get, Chaz Austin is our legend but he aint a Ronaldo or Messi status.

For someone who joined 2021 and has done a handful of posts, you aint showing up too well here.

Again read the post again ! You are killing me here ffs ‍♂️
                              It was me saying I don’t think we can afford the 30k that he is “apparently “ going to be on . So we both agree on that . Jesus just read the post before you comment .
                              And regardless if I just joined tonight or been here 10 years what the hell does that have anything to do with it . Your clearly a sad boring old man who has nothing better to do than pick holes in peoples post . Get a life
                              geezer . If you would like to carry on this conversation please pm so we not boring every one .
                              as you were

Comment

• I'm quite hopeful on signing Johansen having read an article on NewsNow this morning.
                                Parker is going to speak to him and all his loaned out players, as to whether they want to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X