Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    West London sport reporting that MW wants one more in a striker.
    WLS reports Andre Gray is the player we are after.

So my question, who do you think we'll actually be after?
    I'm going for Nahki Wells
    Wd love Naki but think its more likely to be some Prem League youngster on the fringes at a big club that decides last minute it doesn't have room in the squad. Wd really like that United lad who scored against us in pre-season but prob unrealistic.

Comment

• Trouble is that most Prem teams want a high loan fee plus wages plus appearance guarantee for their youngsters. Also if they are under 23 they don't take up a squad place. An 'Andre Grey' type where we pay only part of the wage seems more feasible.

Comment

• I’d take Nakhi Wells back either perm signing or on loan with view to perm deal in a heart beat! Was brilliant for us and is getting very little game time for Brizzle, always on bench so far. Such a waste of talent. At least if he came to us I’m sure he’d get more game time even competing for a place or places with Charlie and Dykes. Go get him Warbs!

Comment

• Kane could be on the move - good signs:

Stoke City & Coventry City race to sign QPR 27-yr-old (footballinsider247.com)

When I read yesterday that we are considering signing Andre Gray I thought it was a sign that something is finally happening in the Todd Kane saga. I am afraid we need to free up his wages (or a good part of it) to afford a tenth summer signing of sufficient quality.

Football Insider, which was first to announce Dunne and McCallum, even before WLS, is more reliable than other click bait sites, so I hope it is something in their story that Stoke and Coventry fight it out for Kane. If there is a degree of competition we might even manage to fully recover the wages - that would be around 9-10k going towards a good loan signing.

I admit I was at one point in time fearing Kane would spend all up to January in the reserves/U23.

Comment

• Having watched Moses get rinsed at boro I’m not convinced he’s the answer we look strong down the left with Wallace and Sam being left backs but Moses is a winger at rwb similar with kakay but kakay primarily a Rb that’s not the best defender

hopefully kakay nails rwb from what I’ve seen of Moses he needs to sort his positional problems out but as for Kane warbs wants a side of togetherness not shooting from the mouth that Kane decided to do.

Comment

• Also Masterson looks like hes off to Cambridge United for the season on loan.

Todd Kane going should hopefully free up about 9/10k in wages, which should hopefully be enough to get a loan in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                Also Masterson looks like hes off to Cambridge United for the season on loan.

Todd Kane going should hopefully free up about 9/10k in wages, which should hopefully be enough to get a loan in.
                Masterson would benefit from getting the minutes. Though do we have the cover at CB as we play with 3 CBs typically? Would only leave Dunne as cover, unless I've missed someone?

Comment

• Originally posted by chaz0303 View Post

Masterson would benefit from getting the minutes. Though do we have the cover at CB as we play with 3 CBs typically? Would only leave Dunne as cover, unless I've missed someone?
                  Dom ball or kakay can fill in at cb

Comment

• Trust Warburton's judgement but my initial thought is hope we don't get Andre Gray. Seems like a Rob Hulse kind of signing to me, but with a much worse attitude.

Comment

• Faysal Bettache gone on loan to Oldham for the season, good player sorry to see him go but needs experience
                      Last edited by Romford Hoop; 20-08-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Wells is now captaining his side.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Wd love Naki but think its more likely to be some Prem League youngster on the fringes at a big club that decides last minute it doesn't have room in the squad. Wd really like that United lad who scored against us in pre-season but prob unrealistic.
                          Agree on both counts. I think Wells and QPR are a perfect fit, but also that Elanga is a good prospect. He is almost certain to get game time wherever he goes.
                          He will be sent out on loan, but the question is where to. I think a NW or W. Yorkshire club is most likely.

Andre Gray was apparently recommended by Les in 2015, but he went to Burnley instead. Would be good at QPR I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Wells is now captaining his side.
                            Only for Cowboy Cup. Otherwise has only made one appearance from bench.

Comment

• Regarding Moses, I thought I heard McCallum can play either side.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Regarding Moses, I thought I heard McCallum can play either side.
                                I think he can, not sure about his fitness at the moment though.

Comment

Working...
                                X