• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Click bait site GiveMeSport 4 days ago.
    Ah Cheers, won't hold my breath then

Comment

• Boone has gone apparently

Comment

• He clearly wasnt deemed good enough with all the game time given to Dykes when he wasnt scoring. Bonne never got a look in.

The club know what they're doing and I'm sure a better player will replace him.
        Last edited by SheepRanger; 26-06-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Bit disappointed by this , Austin won’t play every game and Dykes may get injured so I assume another striker will come in . It sounds like we wernt keen on selling him and believe he will develop, hopefully he has a good season for Ipswich and comes back a better player.
          Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 27-06-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Good luck Bonne.

Comment

• Bonne needs regular game time to develop so to me makes sense. Not much point playing odd games and cameos. He will hopefully get proper minutes there. Maybe we recruit a young Premiership striker on loan to replace him as back up for Charlie and Dykes. If it works we will have a better Bonne back the following season. Also, stating the blindingly obvious, I suspect this helped get Dozzell over the line.

Alternatively, as Sheep has said, maybe club just don't think he has it in him to be a regular at this level.

We do though need someone quite badly. Kelman I think has raw talent but based on last season way too raw yet to cut it should one of our first choicers be out for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Bonne needs regular game time to develop so to me makes sense. Not much point playing odd games and cameos. He will hopefully get proper minutes there. Maybe we recruit a young Premiership striker on loan to replace him as back up for Charlie and Dykes. If it works we will have a better Bonne back the following season. Also, stating the blindingly obvious, I suspect this helped get Dozzell over the line.

Alternatively, as Sheep has said, maybe club just don't think he has it in him to be a regular at this level.

We do though need someone quite badly. Kelman I think has raw talent but based on last season way too raw yet to cut it should one of our first choicers be out for a while.
                Plus he too would not be getting the game time he needs to improve.

Comment

• I was surprised to see Bonne leave on a one year loan deal to be honest. I thought he was "work in progress" for the QPR coaching staff.

I think it is obvious that we will find a replacement, as we cannot start the season with just Kelman as back up to Dykes and Austin. It might be a permanent signing or a loan. A wild guess from me would be Nahki Wells again. Bristol City was reportedly signing him on a 3.5 years deal for 27k a week. Thats a lot of money for any Championship club and certainly in light of the pandemic. Wells has scored 15 goals for City in 1.5 seasons. He scored 14 in half a season under Warburton. Bristol Citys finances aren't good and I think they would love to recoup some of the salary in a loan arrangement. I think we could get Wells on loan for 15-20k a week plus a loan fee and that would be very good business. He would provide good competition for Austin and Dykes and be a fantastic back-up in case of injuries.

I do not know if we can afford both Wells and Johansen to be honest, but it looks to me that Ruben & co might be going for it this season. With a lot of sellable assets they have a financial plan B if we won't get promoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    I was surprised to see Bonne leave on a one year loan deal to be honest. I thought he was "work in progress" for the QPR coaching staff.

I think it is obvious that we will find a replacement, as we cannot start the season with just Kelman as back up to Dykes and Austin. It might be a permanent signing or a loan. A wild guess from me would be Nahki Wells again. Bristol City was reportedly signing him on a 3.5 years deal for 27k a week. Thats a lot of money for any Championship club and certainly in light of the pandemic. Wells has scored 15 goals for City in 1.5 seasons. He scored 14 in half a season under Warburton. Bristol Citys finances aren't good and I think they would love to recoup some of the salary in a loan arrangement. I think we could get Wells on loan for 15-20k a week plus a loan fee and that would be very good business. He would provide good competition for Austin and Dykes and be a fantastic back-up in case of injuries.

I do not know if we can afford both Wells and Johansen to be honest, but it looks to me that Ruben & co might be going for it this season. With a lot of sellable assets they have a financial plan B if we won't get promoted.
                    Would love Naki back, was clinical for us. Noticed he "liked" a QPR post last week about Amos's recovery. Very solid tho Austin and Dykes are I'm not convinced either have quite enough goals in them for promotion (they would do well to match Tooney's 33 goals combined). We would certainly need the Chairs and Willocks to really find their shooting boots too.

As you suggest, though, Naki probably too expensive and if we want Johansen we cannot expect all our Christmases in one window.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                      I was surprised to see Bonne leave on a one year loan deal to be honest. I thought he was "work in progress" for the QPR coaching staff.

Don’t see this happening at all to be honest , I’m also surprised we let Bonne go out on loan rather than learn from Austin every day in training, I guess they thought he needed game time week in week out to progress his career. Maybe they feel Kelman is ready to be the understudy for Dykes/Austin, he was definitely getting more game time than Bonne towards the end of the season so maybe he has jumped ahead of him in the queue. We also have the option of Willock, Chair , Dozzell etc behind a striker so I doubt we will bring another striker in straight away .

Comment

• Couple of Posh rumours.
                        Dembele off to Brentford
                        Clark Harris to Sheffield United
                        Jorge Grant joining them from Lincoln

Comment

• THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR!!

Just a terrible terrible thought.....
                          Connor Wickham is available on a free.
                          Please please no

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR!!

Just a terrible terrible thought.....
                            Connor Wickham is available on a free.
                            Please please no
                            Don’t know how that bloke can call himself a footballer he’s hardly played a game in 6 years .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Dean Windass in and Bonne out? Regarding Kelman; he surely needs to be loaned out.
                              Sheff Weds want £5 Million for Josh Windass, can't see them getting that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Sheff Weds want £5 Million for Josh Windass, can't see them getting that.
                                He is worth £2,5m perhaps?
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X