• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    He's gong nowhere.

Evidence not conclusive enough IMO.

What a shame.
    Exactly. Bloke is well worth £55k for after dinner speaking.

Nothing to see here........

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      How can you arrange a meeting with a fictional non existant agency?
      There was a real football agent involved though right? Allardyce said he'd known the guy for nearly 20 years, hence his guard was down.

From what I can gather the Telegraph have convinced this agent to work with them (can't think how they managed that?!!). From there this respected agent has got in touch with some managers who trusted him and introduced 2 reporters posing as representatives of a Far East organisation that represents players etc. From there they have fabricated scenarios where these managers can get paid, cash in hand in return for doing things that they should have walked away from.

Really stupid for experienced, well paid managers to allow themselves to get sucked into this nonsense. Obviously a worrying reflection of how rife it is in the game too!
      Last edited by Tarbie; 29-09-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• "Give me a farking player." *Does the Harry Enfield loadsamoney hand gestures.

Comment

"Give me a farking player." *Does the Harry Enfield loadsamoney hand gestures.
          Means nothing. As I said, unfortunately not proof enough.

I'd love him gone, but he won't be.

Comment

• Exactly, could be so rife that they wouldn't bat an eyelid to it. Can't understand why McGarvey would see fit to do this to people he has known for years. Ruining friendships/relationships and his own reputation. After all everyone knows that football agents are the most corrupt ####s going. He must have been getting a massive wedge for doing this to friends. He should be locked up whether or not managers played they're part in it too.

Comment

• Just thought of something else that makes it even more unbelievable and jaw droppingly stupid .
              Hes going to take money from a consortium in Singapore /Asia.
              Uncle runs that gaff, he's near enough the farking Mayor of the whole place.

Comment

"Give me a farking player." *Does the Harry Enfield loadsamoney hand gestures.
                Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Means nothing. As I said, unfortunately not proof enough.
                Said the same last night. Unfortunate but true.

Comment

• Wool.. eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    Exactly, could be so rife that they wouldn't bat an eyelid to it. Can't understand why McGarvey would see fit to do this to people he has known for years. Ruining friendships/relationships and his own reputation. After all everyone knows that football agents are the most corrupt ####s going. He must have been getting a massive wedge for doing this to friends. He should be locked up whether or not managers played they're part in it too.
                    I'd guess either the Telegraph have made it massively worth his while or he feels he is in some way doing the game a favour by highlighting that this stuff goes on. Either way, his career as a football agent is finished.

Surprised by the Telegraph too. This is the type of thing you'd expect from the Red Tops or the Daily Mail, not from them.

Comment

Just thought of something else that makes it even more unbelievable and jaw droppingly stupid .
                      Hes going to take money from a consortium in Singapore /Asia.
                      Uncle runs that gaff, he's near enough the farking Mayor of the whole place.
                      People don't see that when money is involved. It completely clouds their judgement. Money make people do stupid things, always has always will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        I'd guess either the Telegraph have made it massively worth his while or he feels he is in some way doing the game a favour by highlighting that this stuff goes on. Either way, his career as a football agent is finished.

Surprised by the Telegraph too. This is the type of thing you'd expect from the Red Tops or the Daily Mail, not from them.
                        But that's what i don't get cos football agents are more corrupt than anyone else in football. (except Redknapp, ALLEGEDLY)

Comment

• The agent is the one who's done them all. They would never ever of met a grass unless he arranged it and took them to their slaughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                            But that's what i don't get cos football agents are more corrupt than anyone else in football. (except Redknapp, ALLEGEDLY)
                            Maybe he'd just had enough and was offered a way out with a decent handshake by the Telegraph?!!

Who knows, but I'm guessing that there is a lot more that will come out of the woodwork over the coming weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Maybe he'd just had enough and was offered a way out with a decent handshake by the Telegraph?!!

Who knows, but I'm guessing that there is a lot more that will come out of the woodwork over the coming weeks.
                              International week coming up, slow news....so that when the big fish will be let out the water imo.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Oh without doubt, and much bigger names than JFH i'm sure. Hate what the accused are doing but hate what these papers are doing and how corrupt they have become even more and can gladly say they don't get a penny of my money. Stopped buying papers 6/7 years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X