JFH named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    It's been reported that it was 7th Sep, so after the transfer deadline. I would imagine that the timing has at least removed any suspicion of wrongdoing so far.
    He can buy players in January....

Comment

This is an old article, but I found it to be somewhat pertinent.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/FOOTBA......-a066835585
      Good find Brighton. Very interesting. The way I look at it, he's 1) not a very good manager or tactician 2) we're in poor form 3) he has no previous experience of managing in the championship and therefore we're got blind hope that he can turn it round 4) he's greedy and feels underpaid 5) ex Chelsea 6) dodgy tendancies, 7) no charisma 8) bloody expensive for fan events to give a speech.......more than enough reasons to sack him. Any others?

Comment

• Exactly 77. This in his eyes would have been a long term thing. He has to be really thick if he thought it was a Speech only deal. He knew it would involve some dodgy dealings. Thing is the club and the clubs lawyers have to find evidence of this.

Comment

• Did TF have to pay him extra to talk on the fans forum?

Comment

• Staggering how things can change.

I thought this guy was one of the good guys, a real talented young manager, after his success at Burton, just shows you never know what you're getting whoever you employ.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              Exactly 77. This in his eyes would have been a long term thing. He has to be really thick if he thought it was a Speech only deal. He knew it would involve some dodgy dealings. Thing is the club and the clubs lawyers have to find evidence of this.
              My mate just messaged me and said he booked Geoff Hurst for an event for 8 grand.......missed a trick, could have had Jimmy for 55. Ha ha

Sums it up really, bloke knew he was negotiating more than a bit of after dinner speaking!

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                Did TF have to pay him extra to talk on the fans forum?
                Wasn't there a 55k "charity" whip-round just before the forum opened?
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

It's been reported that it was 7th Sep, so after the transfer deadline. I would imagine that the timing has at least removed any suspicion of wrongdoing so far.
                  According to the article there were two meetings. The first at the pret a manger on 26 August and the second on 7 September.

Comment

• Pret a Manger, that is pretty shabby and immediately suspicious to anyone with half a brain. The undercover journos should have shown some class and proposed Pizza Hut instead.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                      According to the article there were two meetings. The first at the pret a manger on 26 August and the second on 7 September.
                      I was going to say earlier that the meeting that we see him in there are what looks like alcoholic drinks/ bottle of wine on the table so thought it couldn't be Pret a manger as they don't serve alcohol (i think)

Comment

• if he goes, who will he bring with him??
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• If that is so then we are seeing clips of the initial meeting so there could be more evidence on the 2nd one we haven't seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            if he goes, who will he bring with him??
                            Strangely comes across as that type of guy now so i'm going for Sir Les

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                              if he goes, who will he bring with him??
                              Hopefully Les!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                My mate just messaged me and said he booked Geoff Hurst for an event for 8 grand.......missed a trick, could have had Jimmy for 55. Ha ha

Sums it up really, bloke knew he was negotiating more than a bit of after dinner speaking!
                                Geoff is a legend of sorts and has some stories to tell. What the f ack would Jimmy have to say of interest to anyone? I fell asleep listening to him on that fans podcast.....

Comment

Working...
                                X