Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Not exactly dogsrrs.

It would require every club to interview at least one minority candidate for the head coaching position once there is a vacancy.
    I'm probably wrong Stan but I thought it was a percentage of the candidates had to be black

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Not exactly dogsrrs.

It would require every club to interview at least one minority candidate for the head coaching position once there is a vacancy.
      As an example, should Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp, Ancelotti, Guardiola and Chris Ramsey be the 6 applicants for a top job, CR would get an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        So because of a) the presence of a DoF and b) the risk of alienating foreign business interests we're settling for someone with zilch EPL experience (and far less experience than Pearson/Moyes/Rodgers) to get us out of arguably the most competitive division in Europe and back to..... the EPL, because the EPL became our revised target when Alf got the heave ho. You really couldn't make any of this up. It is absolutely nutz. No change.

It's a jungle out there and handing the reins to JFH is a massive gamble, I had hoped we had finally decided to get real. No chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          I'm probably wrong Stan but I thought it was a percentage of the candidates had to be black
          Indeed Dogs, my understanding is that the 'percentage' equates to the requirement I posted above.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            As an example, should Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp, Ancelotti, Guardiola and Chris Ramsey be the 6 applicants for a top job, CR would get an interview.
            If Corbyn gets power he might make it compusary to give a blackman the joband Ramsey might get the Chelsea job so you know where to put your cross at the next election
            Last edited by dogsrrs; 23-11-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              So because of a) the presence of a DoF and b) the risk of alienating foreign business interests we're settling for someone with zilch EPL experience (and far less experience than Pearson/Moyes/Rodgers) to get us out of arguably the most competitive division in Europe and back to..... the EPL, because the EPL became our revised target when Alf got the heave ho. You really couldn't make any of this up. It is absolutely nutz. No change.

It's a jungle out there and handing the reins to JFH is a massive gamble, I had hoped we had finally decided to get real. No chance.
              So you never wanted Warburton or Rowett then?
              Also, the last 2 managers we had before Ramsey had a wealth of EPL experience, how did they turn out?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Warburton was less known than JFH until about 18 months ago, so don't see how he is a relative comparison, Pearson as has been said many times is probably the fans choice but he does have history away from the footballing side with Hoos.
                In my opinion, when Harry jumped ship, Warburton and Fat Sam were the two best available Managers at the time. Since Ramsey got the red card, there are some seriously good managers unemployed, and there is no need to settle for someone like JFH unless they all turn us down which I doubt very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderman View Post
                  In my opinion, when Harry jumped ship, Warburton and Fat Sam were the two best available Managers at the time. Since Ramsey got the red card, there are some seriously good managers unemployed, and there is no need to settle for someone like JFH unless they all turn us down which I doubt very much.
                  Why Warburton though? A man with no experience in the league we were in at the time, but had been successful in the 2 leagues lower, and people wanted him. Now compare that to JFH, a man with no experience in the league we are currently in, but has been successful in the 2 leagues lower, yet people don't want him. I fail to see the difference between the 2?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Why Warburton though? A man with no experience in the league we were in at the time, but had been successful in the 2 leagues lower, and people wanted him. Now compare that to JFH, a man with no experience in the league we are currently in, but has been successful in the 2 leagues lower, yet people don't want him. I fail to see the difference between the 2?
                    Because at that time there was no Pearson, Moyes, Rodgers or Laudrup available. Add Paul Lambert to the list as well, as we were too slow to show an interest in him.

Comment

• I don't know much about JFH as a manager, however, I assume that our board are more interested in the financial package rather the quality of the person. If you put CR in JFH post at Burton, without any pressure from the board AND the fans, he will be able to replicate the same success JFH achieved at Burton. Depends what the club is aiming for. If its promotion that we are after, which now I have serious doubts, then we need the Nigel Pearson type. But if we wants to build for the future and return to our past basics which brought us so much success, then I think JFH may do the trick, provided we will be patient with him and accept that this season we may struggle. As TF said on Twitter....we may have to lower our expectations a bit!

Comment

• Can't understand why everyone is all of a sudden harping back to the bucket days and making out everything we do is only 'on the cheap' and we are appointing JFH cos we are only going for the cheap option, and in everything else we do cos we gave one young coach a chance.
                        When has this board done one single thing 'the cheap option'?.
                        They have just written off 180 million pounds sterling of their money out their own bank accounts for God's sake, wish people would stop going on about 'on the cheap as usual'. .
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 23-11-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderman View Post
                          Because at that time there was no Pearson, Moyes, Rodgers or Laudrup available. Add Paul Lambert to the list as well, as we were too slow to show an interest in him.
                          At the time we were a Premiership side as it stands at the moment we are a mid table championship side. JFH is an exciting choice rather than another experienced manager who has had their day. I am more excited about JFH than I was about CR or HR although I stick by Harry led us to a Wembley win however lucky it was. Any manager is a gamble whoever it is but Jimmy is an exciting gamble.

Comment

• I was very pro Pearson, but reading the articles about JFH and watching that video has changed my mind - be more than happy with either.

Comment

• This

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                I'm certain JFH will be one of the world's leading managers

Banter

Slowwwwww down mate. Slow down

Comment

Working...
                                X