Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
    We won't get Rodgers or Moyes, so I would give JFH a shot. Everyone has to start somewhere, and so far he has done well. Speaks well, and his results are speaking for their self. As mentioned at a lower level, but you can only beat what is in front of you. He will command the respect of the players due to his playing career as he has done a million times more than what any of our current lot have done. I think he would be a success.
    Completely agree. He wouldn't be a disaster of an appointment.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• I just don't get how jfh is top of our shortlist ahead of someone like Pearson.

Makes no sense what so ever when there is a manager out that not tied into any contract who has been extremely successful in the league we are currently competing in ant then gone onto the next level and managed to keep a team up in the prem.

How does jfh cv even compare to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        I just don't get how jfh is top of our shortlist ahead of someone like Pearson.

Makes no sense what so ever when there is a manager out that not tied into any contract who has been extremely successful in the league we are currently competing in ant then gone onto the next level and managed to keep a team up in the prem.

We don't really know JFH is top of the shortlist to be fair. It's all paper talk and speculation.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
          I disagree. I think we need to remove the sentiment. Ferdinand, sinton, impey, gallen...all rangers but not going that well..just because they are rangers through and through doesn't make them suitable for the job.
          Agree. Jobs for the boys. Bircham?! Why??

Comment

• Heaven help him if he's as bad as Alf. Especially with his Chelsea connection.

Comment

IF Pearson isn't being contacted I think it is to do with more than football. A manager is the face of your club, representing it around the World. OK it was Pearson's son and not him who made the racist sex tape in Thailand, but his son represents him. Tony is from the far east, and has companies over there, how would he look if he hires Pearson. Didn't Pearson also fall out with and said some poor stuff about the Leicester owners? They happen to be good friends with Tony.

I am not saying it's right as no doubt Pearson is a good manager, and for me he would do well but you can see why Tony/Ruben would stay away.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

I think you give too much credit to Pearson and are also looking really short term. Yes, his team did well in the champ after 4 years of building and spending lots of money, but he got extremely lucky in the prem and is being shown now how to manage that team by a half decent manager in the form of Ranieri.

JFH will get respect because of his playing career and because he will get his ideas across through training over aggression.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  IF Pearson isn't being contacted I think it is to do with more than football. A manager is the face of your club, representing it around the World. OK it was Pearson's son and not him who made the racist sex tape in Thailand, but his son represents him. Tony is from the far east, and has companies over there, how would he look if he hires Pearson. Didn't Pearson also fall out with and said some poor stuff about the Leicester owners? They happen to be good friends with Tony.

I am not saying it's right as no doubt Pearson is a good manager, and for me he would do well but you can see why Tony/Ruben would stay away.
                  Explaining it like that makes 100% sense mate.

I didnt really think about Fernades connections with Asia and how it would look. I think its safe to say Pearson is out of the running lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    he got extremely lucky in the prem
                    Getting them promoted, then keeping them up takes a helluva lot more than "extreme luck". It appears your dislike of him might be clouding your judgment somewhat.

Comment

• Just checked Burton's forum and a few of them were pretty certain, that their next game against Wigan will be Hasselbaink's last for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Getting them promoted, then keeping them up takes a helluva lot more than "extreme luck". It appears your dislike of him might be clouding your judgment somewhat.
                        My dislike of him actually is primarily down to the fact that he is so over rated by so many because he portrays the sort of 'hard man', 'proper British' sort of manager. If you think there wasn't a huge element of luck to their survival, that's your opinion but for me, the fact that almost the same team with one or two additions is doing so much better than he did shows me that he wasn't as good as people would have you believe.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I'm really starting to warm up to JFH as our next manager, the video and news article have shed some light on me, there will be questions and potential flaws no matter who we bring in, he doesn't have a ton of managerial experience but I like his ideas and seems like he is an up and coming progressive manager!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                            I'm really starting to warm up to JFH as our next manager, the video and news article have shed some light on me, there will be questions and potential flaws no matter who we bring in, he doesn't have a ton of managerial experience but I like his ideas and seems like he is an up and coming progressive manager!
                            Snap

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                              I'm really starting to warm up to JFH as our next manager, the video and news article have shed some light on me, there will be questions and potential flaws no matter who we bring in, he doesn't have a ton of managerial experience but I like his ideas and seems like he is an up and coming progressive manager!
                              Exactly the same, was desperate for Pearson but after the video and article I'm certain JFH will be one of the world's leading managers, and where better to cut his teeth and make a club a success than at the rangers.

Comment

• Haven't we done this before with Ramsey, think Pearson would be the perfect candidate.

He knows the championship well and players love playing for him, plus he can find bargains e.g Vardy and Mahrez

Comment

Working...
                                X