No announcement yet.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearson was the clear favourite but it looks like the baggage that comes with him and his relationship to Hoos means it isn't going to be viable. I am quite excited by JFH and would be disappointed now if we didn't get him, although I am aware he is a bit of a gamble but then so is everyone with our recent track record :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Exactly the same, was desperate for Pearson but after the video and article I'm certain JFH will be one of the world's leading managers, and where better to cut his teeth and make a club a success than at the rangers.
      I have to agree, has made me more positive if he does get the nod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Callum22 View Post
        Haven't we done this before with Ramsey, think Pearson would be the perfect candidate.

He knows the championship well and players love playing for him, plus he can find bargains e.g Vardy and Mahrez
        Yep, been there done that. The same comments are appearing for JFH as were before for Ramsey. Seems like a nice bloke, Level headed bla bla bla.
        Meanwhile, in the real world, like Warburton, Pearson will join another club and be a huge success, and QPR will be stuck in the Championship for a few years.

Comment

• No denying Jfh has credentials and could be a good signing and being honest my gut feeling about him leaves me a little excited as for some reason I just think he could be a little bit of a coup.

However still definitely a big risk for the club which also leaves me a little nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderman View Post
            Yep, been there done that. The same comments are appearing for JFH as were before for Ramsey. Seems like a nice bloke, Level headed bla bla bla.
            Meanwhile, in the real world, like Warburton, Pearson will join another club and be a huge success, and QPR will be stuck in the Championship for a few years.
            Warburton was less known than JFH until about 18 months ago, so don't see how he is a relative comparison, Pearson as has been said many times is probably the fans choice but he does have history away from the footballing side with Hoos.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              My dislike of him actually is primarily down to the fact that he is so over rated by so many because he portrays the sort of 'hard man', 'proper British' sort of manager. If you think there wasn't a huge element of luck to their survival, that's your opinion but for me, the fact that almost the same team with one or two additions is doing so much better than he did shows me that he wasn't as good as people would have you believe.
              Just out of interest, how has "Rainieri's Leicester" gotten on against Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea?

Comment

• [QUOTE=spiderman;1490059]Yep, been there done that. The same comments are appearing for JFH as were before for Ramsey. Seems like a nice bloke, Level headed bla bla bla.
                Meanwhile, in the real world, like Warburton, Pearson will join another club and be a huge success, and QPR will be stuck in the Championship for a few years.[/QUOTE

Is that the same Warburton who got a team promoted and then got them in the playoffs the next season with 2 years experience? Sounds pretty similar to JFH doesn't it?

Comment

• Impressive video however, by his own admission, he's still very much learning his trade on-the-job. One thing I really liked though is (unlike our DoF) he's very much anti-Rooney Rule and tokenism which, above all else, immediately earned my respect for him.

Comment

• I´m just waiting for the announcement now. Hoped for Pearson as the next manager, but not sure he was that keen on us..
                    Think JFH will turn out to be an OK manager for us.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      No denying Jfh has credentials and could be a good signing and being honest my gut feeling about him leaves me a little excited as for some reason I just think he could be a little bit of a coup.

However still definitely a big risk for the club which also leaves me a little nervous.
                      I think you may well be right Maids ! But I still dont trust the judgement of Ferdinand and Fernandes after the Ramsey fiasco so fo me it's still Davie Moyes my 1st choice

Comment

• I am warming to Jimmy each day, more info keeps coming out about him and he is ticking more box's. Young, ambitious, a growing record, talks sense, no billy big balls comments or attitude. Rather him than Pearson, just something about him (Pearson) I don't like.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Impressive video however, by his own admission, he's still very much learning his trade on-the-job. One thing I really liked though is (unlike our DoF) he's very much anti-Rooney Rule and tokenism which, above all else, immediately earned my respect for him.
                          Pardon my ignorance, Stan, but what on earth is the Rooney rule?
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• So because of a) the presence of a DoF and b) the risk of alienating foreign business interests we're settling for someone with zilch EPL experience (and far less experience than Pearson/Moyes/Rodgers) to get us out of arguably the most competitive division in Europe and back to..... the EPL, because the EPL became our revised target when Alf got the heave ho. You really couldn't make any of this up. It is absolutely nutz. No change.

It's a jungle out there and handing the reins to JFH is a massive gamble, I had hoped we had finally decided to get real. No chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Positive discrimination Ginge so many black candidates have to be interviewed

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Positive discrimination Ginge so many black candidates have to be interviewed
                                Not exactly dogsrrs.

It would require every club to interview at least one minority candidate for the head coaching position once there is a vacancy.

Comment

Working...
                                X