No announcement yet.

Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news Field signing, I was a bit concerned when he didn’t play enough games to trigger the permanent transfer last season but the club obviously knew what they were doing .

Comment

• Great News

Comment

• Excellent news, well done the club and delighted to have him. Just seen his interview and he comes across well, decent bloke and a bit brighter than your average footballer. With all the attacking players we have that defensive midfield role is vital and (much as I like Dom Ball) think Field's better distribution really helps the team tick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          Great news Field signing, I was a bit concerned when he didn’t play enough games to trigger the permanent transfer last season but the club obviously knew what they were doing .
          Yeah it was a bit concerning, I was thinking we had decided against it.
          Glad we haven't

Comment

• Just need to get the two really important ones over the line now, no disrespect to Jordy or Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Just need to get the two really important ones over the line now, no disrespect to Jordy or Sam
              Austin next week I reckon, Johansen we will have to be patient with , that’s more complicated.

Comment

• Well we ain't going to be short of midfielders are we.

I like the sound of that lad Twine, but perhaps too much competition for him and a club with a bigger budget might pick him up? I still think we should go the extra to get him in because attacking players are rare. He might be a good backup for Chair.

Interesting that we're keen to keep Bonne. We don't want too many on the development curve next season.

Comment

• Hearing from a Swindon fan (very close to Austin) it’s a done deal (as we all know ) and it’s a 2 year deal with option of another year . 30k a week . Which I can’t really see us affording that tbh . He also said we have spoken with mowatt and all depends on Barnsley being promoted , again can’t see us getting him as bigger clubs would be interested . And if we are going for mowett then I would imagine we not getting
                  Johansen . Would be happy with either of them . Really think we are going to give it a good go next season . COYRS

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                    Hearing from a Swindon fan (very close to Austin) it’s a done deal (as we all know ) and it’s a 2 year deal with option of another year . 30k a week . Which I can’t really see us affording that tbh . He also said we have spoken with mowatt and all depends on Barnsley being promoted , again can’t see us getting him as bigger clubs would be interested . And if we are going for mowett then I would imagine we not getting
                    Johansen . Would be happy with either of them . Really think we are going to give it a good go next season . COYRS
                    Not even close to £30K a week, thats where this rumour lost me tbh.

Mowatt superb this year though

Comment

Hearing from a Swindon fan (very close to Austin) it’s a done deal (as we all know ) and it’s a 2 year deal with option of another year . 30k a week . Which I can’t really see us affording that tbh . He also said we have spoken with mowatt and all depends on Barnsley being promoted , again can’t see us getting him as bigger clubs would be interested . And if we are going for mowett then I would imagine we not getting
                      I don't see how its a done deal at £30k if we can't afford it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I don't see how its a done deal at £30k if we can't afford it?
                        Read it correctly before you comment !
                        “30k “ a week “ is what he said Austin is going to be on
                        it’s “me” who is saying I don’t know how we are going to afford to pay him 30k a week .

some people on this site can never just accept things always have to pick holes in anything someone posts .
                        we are all QPR fans and all want the best for the club .
                        fickle fans we got .

Comment

• I would prefer to look at as £15k a week to play and £15k a week to turn Dykes into a £20m striker. If Chaz can pull off the latter his wages will be small change.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Not even close to £30K a week, thats where this rumour lost me tbh.

Mowatt superb this year though
                            It’s not a rumour it’s facts . Albert is on 13k a week . His our highest earner . You think his going to accept around that wage ? When he can stay at West Brom for another year on 70k ! Ok let’s say it’s not even close to the 30k coz you obviously know . And it’s say 15k etc do you really think Austin will come to us on that wage when there is loads of other clubs who will pay him big money . His not a fan of qpr his a Swindon fan . Why would he come and work for way less money than what he could get ?
                            would you leave your job for way less money ? No you wouldn’t . You lot drain me Jesus Christ

Comment

It’s not a rumour it’s facts . Albert is on 13k a week . His our highest earner . You think his going to accept around that wage ? When he can stay at West Brom for another year on 70k ! Ok let’s say it’s not even close to the 30k coz you obviously know . And it’s say 15k etc do you really think Austin will come to us on that wage when there is loads of other clubs who will pay him big money . His not a fan of qpr his a Swindon fan . Why would he come and work for way less money than what he could get ?
                              would you leave your job for way less money ? No you wouldn’t . You lot drain me Jesus Christ
                              I agree. A basic internet search shows Ayew is on £83k a week st Swansea. https://salarysport.com/football/sky.../swansea-city/

Although I thought Austin left WBA because they didnt take up the option to extend his deal? With Austin's age and the fact he has generally been a 60 minute player i think £30k a week is the going rate for a player of his experience. Even Wells is on circa £20k a week and isnt doing that much at Brizzle.

As I said above, it will be small change if he can help develop Dykes into a £20m striker and also take Bonne onto the next level. I'm sure Austin would have had a big say in keeping Bonne and not having him part of some transfer swap - if those rumours are to be believed.

Shows the Board are going to have a good go after years of cutbacks. I think it's good to be prudent but you have to make exceptions for a couple of players who make the big differences- small margins as Warb's call it - but expensive to close those small but important gaps.

Comment

Read it correctly before you comment !
                                “30k “ a week “ is what he said Austin is going to be on
                                it’s “me” who is saying I don’t know how we are going to afford to pay him 30k a week .

some people on this site can never just accept things always have to pick holes in anything someone posts .
                                we are all QPR fans and all want the best for the club .
                                fickle fans we got .

Comment

Working...
                                X