Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Indeed. And some wanted Jimmy to stay? ROTFL.......
    About the fourth time today youve said that. Who did? The poll was pretty conclusive wasnt it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      About the fourth time today youve said that. Who did? The poll was pretty conclusive wasnt it?
      95 percent I think, Kev. Last time I'll mention it, but I can't understand anyone wanting that clown to stay. Galled me at the time to be told how brilliant Jimmy was, I have to say.

And it wasn't my poll.

Comment

• Nothing against Nasser etc. on this from me. I'm personally just done with the nature of coating off players (especially the younger ones who are developing), and management when it comes to my team - It's starting to feel like it's now part of the supporter culture of our club that we can't erase, no matter what kind of players we have, working hard or not.

I feel like I've done enough of it in recent years with the players and management that have deserved it; but this genuine bunch don't deserve it all - they are young developing side, who at the very least work their bollarks off every game - which can't be said for previous mercenaries in recent years.

Comment

• I thought it was a massive mistake to change jfh mid season after the 5th and 6th defeat on the trot. Cant even slightly pretend i didnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Nothing against Nasser etc. on this from me. I'm personally just done with the nature of coating off players (especially the younger ones who are developing), and management when it comes to my team - It's starting to feel like it's now part of the supporter culture of our club that we can't erase, no matter what kind of players we have, working hard or not.

I feel like I've done enough of it in recent years with the players and management that have deserved it; but this genuine bunch don't deserve it all - they are young developing side, who at the very least work their bollarks off every game - which can't be said for previous mercenaries in recent years.
            Well said! Except Gladwin...can't stand him
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

I thought it was a massive mistake to change jfh mid season after the 5th and 6th defeat on the trot. Cant even slightly pretend i didnt.
              I'd thought we'd jumped from the frying pan into the fire, too.....

Comment

• A year to do something positive ? Would that be a stat or a fact Nas ?

Just to reassure myself that the old memory wasn't playing tricks, I simply had to check out this clip. Conor was making his debut for us at home against Wolves. Had been brought on with about 6 minutes to go if I recall correctly.

Strangely enough, his first ever touch in a Rangers shirt occurs approx 1:55 in this clip.

https://youtu.be/pR4Ppd1zlwI

Looks positive enough to me.

Comment

I thought it was a massive mistake to change jfh mid season after the 5th and 6th defeat on the trot. Cant even slightly pretend i didnt.
                  We all did Kev, if we had lost at Wolves, i really think that could have been it just shows though how quickly things can change.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    A year to do something positive ? Would that be a stat or a fact Nas ?

Just to reassure myself that the old memory wasn't playing tricks, I simply had to check out this clip. Conor was making his debut for us at home against Wolves. Had been brought on with about 6 minutes to go if I recall correctly.

Strangely enough, his first ever touch in a Rangers shirt occurs approx 1:55 in this clip.

https://youtu.be/pR4Ppd1zlwI

Looks positive enough to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                      it is FACT that confidence is an integral part of a strikers game (more than any other position I would guess)
                      Originally posted by blueandwright View Post
                      Confidence is 90% of the game for most strikers
                      Because of this I think statistics/previous form have a lot less of a role when discussing strikers as it would in other positions.
                      I think a lot of people have had suspected (and some of us have said) that he looked to lack confidence, maybe not his first game but soon enough. Thing is, that was JFH legacy, and maybe that point got overlooked when rating CW as a player - me included, although we have a way to go yet. I don't want to keep digging at him but imo JFH - and the people who appointed him - have a lot to answer for.

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                      TO be fair, I'm sure he knows a lot about the game. Just relies too heavily on stats and takes them as gospel rather than the reasons behind the stats.
                      On stats it's really simple. All clubs use stats because they do give context. But - for the last time - the key issue is how you choose to interpret them.
                      Last edited by hal9thou; 03-02-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        Well said! Except Gladwin...can't stand him
                        Why...what has he actually done to not be backed by the supporters?

Sylla annoys me and Luongo frustrates me but I'll still support them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Why...what has he actually done to not be backed by the supporters?

Sylla annoys me and Luongo frustrates me but I'll still support them.
                          Spot on Mush, I'm of the same opinion.

It's that spoilt culture I spoke about above, which has crept into a certain area of our fan base because we won the league, won a play-off final at Wembley and had a few seasons in the Prem, with some big named quality players coming to little old QPR.

That's the past now -times have changed, budgets have changed, expectation levels need to be readjusted as to what to expect from the type of signings we are now making.

Comment

• 29 pages on Washington. Adel used to demand threads this long

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              29 pages on Washington. Adel used to demand threads this long
                              Only 11 pages long for me. You can easily change the 'posts per page' amount in your forum settings. Makes site navigation far easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                29 pages on Washington. Adel used to demand threads this long
                                Yeah but westy nassers done about 19 pages
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X