Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    And just to add to it, Washington has done well recently and proven that I was wrong in saying that he will never come good for us. He wasn't good enough at all in his first year but hopefully his second will be a success.
    I like that post Nass.

Should have it as your signature.

Comment

• It's the most basic reasoning.

Player is playing bad - system AND manager changes - player starts playing well.

But the reason is because he's magically turned from a bad player into a good player?

Cant understand that logic myself

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
        Nas the thing is yes conor didnt do well up front under jfh but we were playing a completely different style (based on hot potato) and conor was being played in a role that didnt suit him which was by himself as a target man.
        Everyones playing far better under ollie because hes playing the team to their strengths rather than trying to force a different style on them

Also confidence shot which nas says has nothing to do with it, nas will not have any of it or listen to that podcast which i havnt done!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          The podcast interview is brilliant Stan - it reveals Conor to be a thoughtful, intelligent young man who simply needed the right manager to play him in the right system. It also reveals much about Olly - his management style, tactics and character from Conor's perspective, and also what his fellow players are like. I encourage everyone to have a listen, Conor from about 9 minutes in... https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...nor-believe-us

https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...nor-believe-us
          Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          It's also really good to hear his views on the much-maligned (on here) Nedum Onuoha, whom Conor calls "the best skipper I've had."
          Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          An intelligent, modest and polite man. And a footballer, too. I suspect he doesn't own a pair of Dr Dre Beats. A man, it seems, unlike some, who is not sooooooooo far up his own a ss that, were he to post on a forum, he wouldn't monomonically and tediously express and boringly defend his wrongheaded opinions at length. I think.

All of this, and besides playing him in his best position & system, he now has a manager who clearly believes in him and gives him confidence - which is massive for a player. Overall the team spirit is far better under Ollie too, which again plays a huge role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            He was shite for the first year he was with us. That's a fact. Over the moon that he's finally found his feet and, more importantly, his shooting boots. Long may it continue.
            Why can't you and Nasser seem to weigh up/accept the factors which meant his performances were below par though, or as you put it 'sh1ite'?

Sometimes many factors contribute to below par performances. In CW circumstance it was mainly the fact he was being played out of position, no? Put Jamie Vardy on the left-wing game after game and I'd have a nice little wager on him not scoring any goals/confidence on the floor.

My point is, rather than just saying someone is 'sh1te', ignoring any little positive in their play - why not look at why they may be below par?
            Last edited by West London is Rss; 23-02-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• So are we all in agreement that Conor is a decent striker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                So are we all in agreement that Conor is a decent striker?
                We are NOW

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Why can't you and Nasser seem to weigh up/accept the factors which meant his performances were below par though, or as you put it 'sh1ite'?

Sometimes many factors contribute to below par performances. In CW circumstance it was mainly the fact he was being played out of position, no? Put Jamie Vardy on the left-wing game after game and I'd have a nice little wager on him not scoring any goals/confidence on the floor.

My point is, rather than just saying someone is 'sh1te', ignoring any little positive in their play - why not look at why they may be below par?
                  Have i ever said he's a shite player, or blamed him for being shite? Nope. And you can look through my posts too, not once said that. In fact, I blame the management for him being shite, just like everyone else does, including yourself. But the fact remains, he was shite. For that year, he played for us as a forward, and didn't score. Not his fault, but the fact remains he was shite. He wasn't good. Can you accept that?
                  And I totally take on board your Vardy example. If he was being played on the left wing, he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective, therefore he would be shite. You put someone like Darrell Furlong up front on his own, would he be good? No. He'd be shite, would he not?
                  That was my point. Apologies for not making myself clearer.
                  Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 23-02-2017, 05:53 PM.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Have i ever said he's a shite player, or blamed him for being shite? Nope. And you can look through my posts too, not once said that. In fact, I blame the management for him being shite, just like everyone else does, including yourself. But the fact remains, he was shite. For that year, he played for us as a forward, and didn't score. Not his fault, but the fact remains he was shite. He wasn't good. Can you accept that?
                    And I totally take on board your Vardy example. If he was being played on the left wing, he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective, therefore he would be shite. You put someone like Darrell Furlong up front on his own, would he be good? No. He'd be shite, would he not?
                    That was my point. Apologies for not making myself clearer.
                    So what's the message here Ginge? Are you saying he was a bit shite, not sure you've made yourself clear if I'm honest
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Apologies for not making myself clearer.
                      I understood that bit.

Comment

• Good when he scores
                        Rubbish when he doesn't
                        Not my personal opinion. What people on here think

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          So what's the message here Ginge? Are you saying he was a bit shite, not sure you've made yourself clear if I'm honest
                          I fail to see how anyone can say that in his first year he played well for us, that's all lol. Not his fault, again, but the fact remains.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                            Good when he scores
                            Rubbish when he doesn't
                            Not my personal opinion. What people on here think
                            Not necessarily. He didn't do much other than run about a bit in that first year. Now he's scoring (a strikers primary aim, by the way), assisting, better on the ball, passing better etc.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Not necessarily. He didn't do much other than run about a bit in that first year. Now he's scoring (a strikers primary aim, by the way), assisting, better on the ball, passing better etc.
                              Due to some reason or another he played very poorly without being a crap player.

Comment

Ninja I don't put you in Nasser's criteria at all and you certainly shouldn't have to be having to defend yourself like him. I put you in the Matty mold, voiced a few concerns which is understandable. What I saw in conor that 1st year was promise so I have to disagree. Clearly wasn't scoring enough goals but probably because I have played the game I just think I look at areas that you and nas wouldn't.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X