Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Chill Nas. You gave examples on Washington I'm asking you if results have improved since Cherys absence

Would add I get why you refer to Washington scoring 1.5 goals but whether you like it or not the record books and stats until time stops will say he currently has two goals against his name. That is a fact and a stat
    If it was any other player he would count it as 2 goals

Comment

Would add I get why you refer to Washington scoring 1.5 goals but whether you like it or not the record books and stats until time stops will say he currently has two goals against his name. That is a fact and a stat
      It's actually 3 goals in all competitions - twice as much as 1.5 - and so indicative of some of the inherent bias in some of the posts here. Particularly poor form coming from an apparent statistician.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        If it was any other player he would count it as 2 goals
        Petty, you make assumptions it's a personal thing, if anyone else was performing as badly as washington for the role they're supposed to, I'd call them out on it too.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          It's actually 3 goals in all competitions - twice as much as 1.5 - and so indicative of some of the inherent bias in some of the posts here. Particularly poor form coming from an apparent statistician.
          Well done to him, he scored against League 1 opposition. I still don't consider Sandro to be a goalscorer even though he scored 3 goals against league 1 opposition. I don't consider Yeni to have scored for us because League football is what matters to me.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Petty, you make assumptions it's a personal thing, if anyone else was performing as badly as washington for the role they're supposed to, I'd call them out on it too.
            That is the only conclusion I can come to. Why else would an apparent statistician count someone's goals tally as 1.5 (which isn't possible) unless they are trying to give their own point credibility? Stats are only useful if they are interpreted objectively (whether that is possible is for another debate)

Comment

Well done to him, he scored against League 1 opposition. I still don't consider Sandro to be a goalscorer even though he scored 3 goals against league 1 opposition. I don't consider Yeni to have scored for us because League football is what matters to me.
              You set yourself up as a so-called statistician on here. The onus on you is therefore to be 100% accurate in your stat posts, IOW not to demonstrate any bias, in the way you are very clearly displaying over Conor Washington. If you can't take the heat then get out of the frying pan.

Comment

• I think Nas deserves a yellow card Stan. Anymore statistical bias being shown and we should close down his special stats section.....or at least rename it

Comment

That is the only conclusion I can come to. Why else would an apparent statistician count someone's goals tally as 1.5 (which isn't possible) unless they are trying to give their own point credibility? Stats are only useful if they are interpreted objectively (whether that is possible is for another debate)
                  You mean like although he was born in '95, the fun took place in '94?

Comment

I think Nas deserves a yellow card Stan. Anymore statistical bias being shown and we should close down his special stats section.....or at least rename it
                    We may have to take that into due consideration Hove. The situation is under observation and review, going forward

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      You set yourself up as a so-called statistician on here. The onus on you is therefore to be 100% accurate in your stat posts, IOW not to demonstrate any bias, in the way you are very clearly displaying over Conor Washington. If you can't take the heat then get out of the frying pan.
                      At this point, considering the forum a frying pan is surely against your interest? I set myself up as someone who knows the stats and uses them in my formation of opinion. Why should I conform solely to statistics when 1) I've said that's the wrong way to look at football, stats should be used in conjunction with footage, they only tell half the story otherwise, just as watching only tells half the story. I'm not displaying bias over Conor, if anything that's what's being displayed by everyone else who sees more in him than he's actually shown. There's a bias To Hope that he will be a solution in a different formation, there is bias in that people rather him over Polter despite Polter being a better player than him in almost every way.

And since when have I shown anything that suggests I can't take the heat, when you and others constantly get on my back and I simply argue back and get called condescending when I do. I've taken more heat than most and I don't back down from that. So please, don't go and suggest I can't take the heat, or that there's even potential of that being the case. I'm not reliant on people agreeing with me to give my opinion, I can't say the same for a lot of people who make their opinions heard only because they know a few will agree with them and validate them.

Comment

I and many other people with interests in the stats have said that the numbers are to be used in conjunction with what we see. They should not be separated, they should be combined. Objectively, it's Conor's goal because the ref made a mistake and didn't give Polter an offside and an admission of it being a Polter goal is an admission of the fact that the goal shouldn't have stood.

Comment

• Then just say he has scored 2 goals instead of 1.5

I'm not actually that fussed about him if honest we have had better before him and will have better once he's gone too but he's a honest player the type of honest player we have sorely missed last few years so I won't rip him apart whilst he continues to give his all

Comment

Then just say he has scored 2 goals instead of 1.5

I'm not actually that fussed about him if honest we have had better before him and will have better once he's gone too but he's a honest player the type of honest player we have sorely missed last few years so I won't rip him apart whilst he continues to give his all
                            why do people need that validation? Ultimately, the goal counts as his but it shouldn't. Without context, stats are really irrelevant, I know that and have said that. The context here is: That shot wasn't going in without Polter getting in the way.

Comment

I and many other people with interests in the stats have said that the numbers are to be used in conjunction with what we see. They should not be separated, they should be combined. Objectively, it's Conor's goal because the ref made a mistake and didn't give Polter an offside and an admission of it being a Polter goal is an admission of the fact that the goal shouldn't have stood.
                              So your now trying to chalk off goals to prove your point??

And it's not simply down to the ref there is dubious goals panel to who gave it to him why are you determined not to credit him with it

Comment

At this point, considering the forum a frying pan is surely against your interest? I set myself up as someone who knows the stats and uses them in my formation of opinion. Why should I conform solely to statistics when 1) I've said that's the wrong way to look at football, stats should be used in conjunction with footage, they only tell half the story otherwise, just as watching only tells half the story. I'm not displaying bias over Conor, if anything that's what's being displayed by everyone else who sees more in him than he's actually shown. There's a bias To Hope that he will be a solution in a different formation, there is bias in that people rather him over Polter despite Polter being a better player than him in almost every way.

And since when have I shown anything that suggests I can't take the heat, when you and others constantly get on my back and I simply argue back and get called condescending when I do. I've taken more heat than most and I don't back down from that. So please, don't go and suggest I can't take the heat, or that there's even potential of that being the case. I'm not reliant on people agreeing with me to give my opinion, I can't say the same for a lot of people who make their opinions heard only because they know a few will agree with them and validate them.
                                Nas, I apologise for that last sentence of mine. It was a facetious comment as I know very well you can take the heat.

However I do believe you are demonstrating a clear bias against Washington for the reasons I, Hove and Wests highlighted above. As I said, as a stats person the onus on you is to be unbiased and impartial in relation to your stats in order to give them the credibility here that you seek.

Therefore, do not say that he has scored 1.5 goals when in fact your very own stats books say he has scored 2 goals, and 3 goals in all competitions.

Comment

Working...
                                X