Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Top man. And not a stupid stat in sight.

Comment

• He was superb yesterday. Think he will flourish under Olly
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        To be so over critical of him and write him off, as many have done on here believing to be 'right' in doing so (even now), is no-where near being right - it's been plain wrong.

Clearly he is a confidence player, who is still developing and only relatively a short time ago in the grand scheme of things - came out of non-league in 2013.
        He's been slated constantly by a select few that haven't taken all of the surrounding factors into consideration enough.

We should be backing our younger developing players like him, and especially the ones we sign from the lower leagues with limited professional football league experience; not writing them off and slating them after 6 months (that's all it took) - he's no Bosingwa signing.

Overall for me, the attitude toward Washington from a select few has been extremely precious, harsh, and out of order. Quite frankly I hope CW keeps making the select few eat humble pie - maybe they'll learn for the next time we make a signing like him.
        I remember the exact same thing happening here in 2010/11 with Heidar Helguson. He got untold stick from a loud minority on here, who were eventually made to eat their words.

Comment

• It's just a shame to see supporters slate the players who at least care and put the effort in. It was almost as if CW was a mercenary or something, it's been that strong sometimes. By all means slate the ones that don't care or put the effort in, but the ones that still give 100% effort even if they aren't getting the rub of the green, and are being played out of position... really? It's just plain tasteless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Top man. And not a stupid stat in sight.
            Mackie - LEDGE !

Comment

• Well said jamie mackie and exactly what a few of us have been saying all along!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Well said jamie mackie and exactly what a few of us have been saying all along!
                If it were up to the same ones (or one) saying different Jimmy would still be the manager... LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  I remember the exact same thing happening here in 2010/11 with Heidar Helguson. He got untold stick from a loud minority on here, who were eventually made to eat their words.
                  And Furlong before that.....although I'm nit sure WATRB's was up and running at that time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    And Furlong before that.....although I'm nit sure WATRB's was up and running at that time!
                    WeAre was around at that time though.

Comment

• Just watching the highlights and look at Washington when he scores, can clearly see how much it means to him.

Love that.
                      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

• Always liked him and confidence is massive for a centre forward. Charlie was a slow starter but once he got settled and the confidence flowed so did the goals. Pleased for Washington and great to have him sniffing around the 6 yard box.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          Spot on
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Haha I really want to be totally proven wrong on this. It would absolutely make me ecstatic for him to succeed because it means we as a club are doing well.
                            Nice backtracking. Just highlights how stupid a comment it was in the first place

Comment

• I find it a bit pathetic that Nasser has been so vehemently called out on this issue yet I was just as vocal on CW as he was and I haven't taken any stick. Doesn't sit right with me.
                              I still stand by the fact that, until the last few games, he was complete shite, but I'm happy to see his improvement and want him to continue that.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                I find it a bit pathetic that Nasser has been so vehemently called out on this issue yet I was just as vocal on CW as he was and I haven't taken any stick. Doesn't sit right with me.
                                I still stand by the fact that, until the last few games, he was complete shite, but I'm happy to see his improvement and want him to continue that.
                                top post

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                It's just a shame to see supporters slate the players who at least care and put the effort in. It was almost as if CW was a mercenary or something, it's been that strong sometimes. By all means slate the ones that don't care or put the effort in, but the ones that still give 100% effort even if they aren't getting the rub of the green, and are being played out of position... really? It's just plain tasteless.
                                Tasteless? A shame? My heart bleeds for you. This is an internet forum. There will be opinions you wont agree with. Sometimes even you will get it wrong, just like everyone else. Perhaps you have already.

On Washington its great he's finding some form, but as Ginge said there have been months of mediocrity. You can put in a shift and still be poor.

Comment

Working...
                                X