Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Tbf when you like many others were a Polter fanboy you weren't doing so on the basis that the club was gonna be £s in.

Regarding CW. Yes, he was being fvcked around by one dimensional tactics and his confidence was through the floor. He is not such a genius that he looked great despite JFH. Ginge is correct: he looked poor. This lasted for months and I stand by my comments that he looked below par in the Euros, again being played one up. He's now doing the job he is best suited for and paid to do.

It's still very early days, there will be sides who will work us out and Olly and CW may have to have a functioning plan B. We've turned a corner but there's still a way to go.

All that youre saying in no disrespect is just football! evewryone tries to wpork everyone out regardless or just stick to their own plans and let the opposition worry about them! as for youre fanboy comment what are you on about lol, think he had good aspects to his game and i would of kept him on but he wanted to leave! all this its early days rubbish, we are on the up but will have falls aswell, again its football and no guarantees!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Nasser you could of come out of all this as a proud and professional man. You've really got some growing up to do. You really won't reach your dreams if you're never willing to take advice. Really sad to see.
      Oh no, you think I'm not proud and professional. Looks like I should just give up on my dreams because a guy on the internet didn't like how I said something.

I'll never win with you so I won't bother trying. I don't have to change my opinion on him in the last 12 months, because that was my opinion of how he was playing. He's playing much better now and I say that and feel he's showing us what he can do now, but that's not enough, people like you need their egos rubbed it seems and you'll personally attack me first to get that and you'll keep bringing it up on this thread any time he scores just to prove a point, not because you're happy that he's scoring and we're winning, but because you're happy that you finally have something to rub in someone's face.

I try and not have a personal opinion of an individual player, but just like people seem to be annoyed by my praise of Luongo based on his performances, I find it very hard to "like" CW beyond his performances on the pitch because of the fact that there's a 35 page long thread about how he's a good player. So I'm not gonna relate his off the pitch work to his on the pitch stuff so I don't have an altered opinion on him.

Talking about me like I'm a broken record, this is a 35 page thread that takes this order: 1) He's off; 2) A mix of hope so as he doesn't score, and watch him score; 3) He scored!! Told you so, told you so, told you so, apologise for saying he was poor this year, take it back; 4) Look, he scored again, take it all back, especially you Nass; 5) ... well the thread is gonna be quiet because he didn't score again but then; 6) He scored take it back everyone, we were right and know everything about football and you should just stop trying to have a different opinion; 7) It's really sad that you won't agree with us that he was good last year, those 2 goals in 12 months were clearly the signs of an incredible talent.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• And just to add to it, Washington has done well recently and proven that I was wrong in saying that he will never come good for us. He wasn't good enough at all in his first year but hopefully his second will be a success.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          And just to add to it, Washington has done well recently and proven that I was wrong in saying that he will never come good for us. He wasn't good enough at all in his first year but hopefully his second will be a success.

Maybe his first year in the wrong position might have something to do with that but you just ignore lololol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Maybe his first year in the wrong position might have something to do with that but you just ignore lololol
            And as I've said before, he had enough shots despite that to score more goals. I get that confidence is an issue and you need that lucky break, but he was getting chances and he wasn't taking them until the last few matches. And he was barely played out of position, he was indeed a striker most of his time, but ended up playing better as a winger than a lone striker.

Comment

Oh no, you think I'm not proud and professional. Looks like I should just give up on my dreams because a guy on the internet didn't like how I said something.

I'll never win with you so I won't bother trying. I don't have to change my opinion on him in the last 12 months, because that was my opinion of how he was playing. He's playing much better now and I say that and feel he's showing us what he can do now, but that's not enough, people like you need their egos rubbed it seems and you'll personally attack me first to get that and you'll keep bringing it up on this thread any time he scores just to prove a point, not because you're happy that he's scoring and we're winning, but because you're happy that you finally have something to rub in someone's face.

I try and not have a personal opinion of an individual player, but just like people seem to be annoyed by my praise of Luongo based on his performances, I find it very hard to "like" CW beyond his performances on the pitch because of the fact that there's a 35 page long thread about how he's a good player. So I'm not gonna relate his off the pitch work to his on the pitch stuff so I don't have an altered opinion on him.

Talking about me like I'm a broken record, this is a 35 page thread that takes this order: 1) He's off; 2) A mix of hope so as he doesn't score, and watch him score; 3) He scored!! Told you so, told you so, told you so, apologise for saying he was poor this year, take it back; 4) Look, he scored again, take it all back, especially you Nass; 5) ... well the thread is gonna be quiet because he didn't score again but then; 6) He scored take it back everyone, we were right and know everything about football and you should just stop trying to have a different opinion; 7) It's really sad that you won't agree with us that he was good last year, those 2 goals in 12 months were clearly the signs of an incredible talent.
              Maaaaaaaaaaaan........ Tbf about the first 20 pages of this thread you have gone into great depth and statistical analysis about how dogshit CW is. You have on countless other thread slagged the fella. He has turned the corner, take your medicine :-)

Smile mate. The blokes playing great, scoring goals and we're winning. It's all banter on here.

Comment

And as I've said before, he had enough shots despite that to score more goals. I get that confidence is an issue and you need that lucky break, but he was getting chances and he wasn't taking them until the last few matches. And he was barely played out of position, he was indeed a striker most of his time, but ended up playing better as a winger than a lone striker.
                But you had said to me adamantly that confidence has nothing to do with it nas! did you not?

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Maaaaaaaaaaaan........ Tbf about the first 20 pages of this thread you have gone into great depth and statistical analysis about how dogshit CW is. You have on countless other thread slagged the fella. He has turned the corner, take your medicine :-)

Smile mate. The blokes playing great, scoring goals and we're winning. It's all banter on here.
                  Sums it up nicely
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

You REALLY need to listen to his podcast interview. Maybe then the penny might finally drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Mate, I'm absolutely ecstatic that he's scoring because the team are doing well as a result. And I have said that he's turned a corner and is finally doing very well for us which is what matters most. Right now, it seems like I'm probably one of the few people that's just happy that he's scoring and we're winning, more people just seem to be happy that they get to say I told you so instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        You REALLY need to listen to his podcast interview. Maybe then the penny might finally drop.
                        The podcast interview is brilliant Stan - it reveals Conor to be a thoughtful, intelligent young man who simply needed the right manager to play him in the right system. It also reveals much about Olly - his management style, tactics and character from Conor's perspective, and also what his fellow players are like. I encourage everyone to have a listen, Conor from about 9 minutes in... https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...nor-believe-us

https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...nor-believe-us

Comment

• Nas the thing is yes conor didnt do well up front under jfh but we were playing a completely different style (based on hot potato) and conor was being played in a role that didnt suit him which was by himself as a target man.
                          Everyones playing far better under ollie because hes playing the team to their strengths rather than trying to force a different style on them

Comment

• It's also really good to hear his views on the much-maligned (on here) Nedum Onuoha, whom Conor calls "the best skipper I've had."

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              An intelligent, modest and polite man. And a footballer, too. I suspect he doesn't own a pair of Dr Dre Beats. A man, it seems, unlike some, who is not sooooooooo far up his own a ss that, were he to post on a forum, he wouldn't monomonically and tediously express and boringly defend his wrongheaded opinions at length. I think.
                              Last edited by Rangers77; 23-02-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                Nas the thing is yes conor didnt do well up front under jfh but we were playing a completely different style (based on hot potato) and conor was being played in a role that didnt suit him which was by himself as a target man.
                                Aguero or Owen would have scored fck all the way JFH played a small, lone front man !

Clueless

Comment

Working...
                                X