Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I definitely think his finishing and movement wasn't good enough and I firmly stand by that for that time. His improvement under Ollie has been arguably better than Polter's after his initial few weeks before being dropped and JFH brought him back in. Looks more capable of actually aiming his shots away from the keeper and I think having him be a pure finisher without needing to hold the ball for long (Which is what he's doing now) is doing him a world of good. If he keeps this up till the end of the season and beyond, we have a very good striker for the role we're playing him.
    I don't think I'll ever understand you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Only difference is he is playing with confidence and that has come from playing alongside a proper target man (IMO).
      True, and confidence means a hell of a lot to a striker. If that is low you think too much what you are doing and your decision making is slow and poor. I think that was the main reason why his shots were so pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Behave mate, you are opening yourself up to ridicule by saying nonsense like this.
        Sorry, did I say anything wrong there? I said he's actually finishing a lot better now than he was before. He's hitting the target away from the keeper more consistently and as a result, he's getting goals.

Honestly, people are at this point looking for reasons to get triggered towards me it seems. I praise a player and people now want me to rescind my criticisms of the last year like they weren't valid. The guy has improved immensely, simple as that. I didn't think he had it in him and he's shown that he does, long may it continue.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I remember well what Gary bannister said while going through a barren spell - 'I'm hitting the ball too well'

Sometimes the miscue or 'flukey' goal is what a striker needs to go on a run. After that it seems every touch is almost goal bound. Funny thing being a striker and why one in form costs so much.

Comment

Sorry, did I say anything wrong there? I said he's actually finishing a lot better now than he was before. He's hitting the target away from the keeper more consistently and as a result, he's getting goals.

Honestly, people are at this point looking for reasons to get triggered towards me it seems. I praise a player and people now want me to rescind my criticisms of the last year like they weren't valid. The guy has improved immensely, simple as that. I didn't think he had it in him and he's shown that he does, long may it continue.
            No mate. You said he's aiming away from the keep as if he was actually aiming for the keeper in the first place - A complete nonsense and spoken like someone with a lack of understanding of the game in real terms.

Goalscorers and strikers are a funny bunch, I've been one myself a long time ago. You have runs when everything goes in and you have runs when u couldn't hit a cows arsewith a banjo (or something). Fact is you need to keep getting into positions and not be afraid to miss. He missed a few despite being out of position most of the time and not played in a formation that suited but it was obvious to (most) everyone that once he got one he could get a few.

He will have a barren patch soon enough. You can call him shite then if you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Comedy gold if you think it was more people moaning about 'the job he was being asked to do'. Maybe from you, I'm not sure - but majority of people coating him off were saying he just weren't good enough, full stop, no matter how you play him.

Personally I don't give a sh1t now because those who stuck by him are justified.

I just hope the select few who he clearly could not please no matter what, learn for future signings like Washington and weigh everything up more before judging fully.

This impatient instant success culture that has developed at Rangers in recent years needs to stop, because it's not QPR and you won't get it at QPR.
              We aren't a Man City.

Could of swore i saw comments saying we've got what we asked for with smith and washington upfront so we'll be lucky to get more than the 3 goals or something! On my phone so awkward looking back on this thread!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Wouldn't you just. Conor would be in the bin, Jimmy would still be manager, and Luongo first on the team sheet if it were up to him. And Conor would still have scored only half a goal.

Yes but we'd be able to see what jimmys doing which would be interesting lol

Comment

I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave

Lolol sorry

Comment

• Have we "all" eaten enough pie now?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      I don't think I'll ever understand you.
                      I'm guessing he thinks he gets the same amount of points for talking sh.ite as he does on the uni debating team as he does by talking to knowledgeable straight-talking football supporters. Wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Lolol sorry
                        Correct me if I'm wrong but...... weren't you a Polter fan?

Football makes mugs of all of us, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Yes but we'd be able to see what jimmys doing which would be interesting lol
                          LOL. Like extracting an eyeball to see what it tastes like......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
                            I'm guessing he thinks he gets the same amount of points for talking sh.ite as he does on the uni debating team as he does by talking to knowledgeable straight-talking football supporters. Wrong.
                            And the constant fan digging continues. Don't attack our own - save it for Fulham and Brentford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              Don't attack our own
                              that.

But its an internet forum. Normal rules don't seem to apply.

Comment

• Tbf reading this thread back Nas has been pretty scathing about Washington.

Fella needs to admit he was wrong, something he seems incapable of doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X